• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Recording SFX using paper dolls for my paper game

    Recording SFX using paper dolls for my paper game


    Recording SFX using paper dolls for my paper game

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Broke down PUBG and rebuilt it. It's free class turned into a 'tutorial' and beginners will understand...hopefully.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Broke down PUBG and rebuilt it. It's free class turned into a 'tutorial' and beginners will understand...hopefully.

    This was my first try to come and give back the knowledge being for a decade in the industry, I hope it's valuable to those learners. Feedback appreciated. What should I recreate next?

    left is original VS right is what you will recreate in 20 ish minutes

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/unitcodes
    [link] [comments]

    I get 100 questions a day about the proper workflow when it comes to making stylized characters, so I reached out to a very talented artist to make a breakdown for you, totally for free. Tons of great information in here. Enjoy.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    I've Recreated Super Mario Party's Bopping Spree Minigame (Tutorial and Project Files in Comments)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I wrote this Royalty-Free track for my grandma, who recently passed away. I want it to be heard, so I made it free to download and to use, even for commercial projects. I hope you'll find this track useful !

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    If you like to create your own hero and villain themes for your project, I made a tutorial breaking down popular character themes by intervals and made my own hero and villain themes based on what I learned

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Unreal Engine 4.26 news – water as an engine feature, mobile deferred renderer, BP refactoring tools, UMG debugging, Chaos, and much more

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    Which games have the best execution of a "hacking"-related mechanic?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I'm researching and exploring ideas around hacking mechanics in games.

    1. Which games have such mechanics?
    2. What made the mechanic fun or not fun?
    submitted by /u/derekknox
    [link] [comments]

    I've been generating random Solar Hierarchies with fully described Orbital Element Sets and rendering them in Unity. Here is a Septenary solar system (7 suns), distance scaling 1x, size scaling 100x.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Who inside of a gamestudio creates banners, posters, etc. like this?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    How we recorded our buttery sounds for our game jam submission. Sticks of butter WERE harmed in the making of this game.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    What do you think about my Adventurer Sprite? Any feedback?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Any interest in having virtual meetups?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Given that in-person meetups are halted for a while. Also mods please let me know if this kind of post is not allowed. I just think it would be cool to have a conference call with a bunch of other game developers where they can talk shop and provide CC to others. Ideally it would be an hour on a weekday night where each person is given 5 minutes to talk/show anything and have people ask questions or comment.

    If the mods are ok with it, it could just be the "reddit gamedev virtual meetup" or something. Thanks.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/throwa1553
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed: what's the real Steam reviews/sales ratio?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    I made a multi-reddit with 14 various game-dev subreddits for people who want to see a wider range of game dev related stuff!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Vehicles in Virtual Reality

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Reality vs Expectations What surprized you when you became a full time game developer?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Reality vs Expectations What surprised you when you became a full time game developer?

    submitted by /u/charles0064
    [link] [comments]

    Help Re-creating my room on the oculus quest using Unity

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Hey so I'm recreating my room in my oculus quest with help from this tutorial https://youtu.be/8z4ewaf21IA but when I build and run the game it's just a black screen in my quest. If anybody know anything about unity let me know if your able to help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Rstam-Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Welcome to Worldwide Game Devs! A new Telegram group about game dev industry.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! A fantastic Telegram group about the gamedev industry has been created. I'm going to explain what is this about:

    Worldwide Game Devs (http://t.me/worldwidegamedevs) is an international Telegram group focused on game development. It's a group where to talk and debate, a place to share information and experiences about the industry. The group has also the goal of being a meeting point for developers to show their projects or find a team to start one. All of this, of course, based on basic and mutual respect.

    This is a group for all kinds of developers, from fresh newcomers to industry veterans. Also, all roles are welcomed: programmers, artists, marketers, musicians… everyone! Just to clarify, the language used in the group is English. Enjoy, share and learn!

    After almost 2 years being a moderator on the Telegram Group Spain Game Devs (http://t.me/spaingamedevs), I have decided to create a more ambicious group: Worldwide Game Devs. The spanish group has around 400 members, and it has always been a great place to talk about the industry, about your own projects or even about how to solve certain problems when making a game. I whis the same for the international community!

    Thank you very much for reading. Join us in http://t.me/worldwidegamedevs!

    submitted by /u/Delunado
    [link] [comments]

    Hobbyist/beginner equipment advice request

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    I'm a physicist by training and I'm currently shopping for a new laptop that I'll be able to travel with, and I'd really like to get a machine that I could use to both run data analysis scripts and be able to do some stuff in Unity/GameMaker. I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent laptop that would be good for working on smaller projects in Unity/GameMaker with?

    I posted over in r/SuggestALaptop, but it dawned on me that there'd probably be some people in here who actually have some laptops that they might be willing to recommend!

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/astrononymity
    [link] [comments]

    How do I design a game from scratch? A primer on core loops

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Multiplayer Jam, A Game Jam for Multiplayer Games. Local or Networked, as long as you play together.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Game development with no Coding background. Where to start?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hello, so i have always wanted to develop a game, but i was always more into the artistic part, and because of that i have a decent skill on 3D in general and some more artistic skill, in the end i didn't even try coding.

    i have tried Unity and have followed and finished Brackeys's "How to make a Video Game in Unity" tutorial on Youtube, but ended up not understanding how the code works. and i don't think i can make anything out of it.

    Does anyone have the same start? and what is the way to learn Coding that works for you? or maybe anything that could work for beginners.

    (Sorry if bad English)

    submitted by /u/shimoricha
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment