• Breaking News

    Friday, March 20, 2020

    Combining my old vanilla JavaScript algorithms to create new effects web developers

    Combining my old vanilla JavaScript algorithms to create new effects web developers


    Combining my old vanilla JavaScript algorithms to create new effects

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Who's going through layoffs? Any light at the other end of the tunnel?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Looks like a lot of layoffs are happening right now. I had been receiving emails from recruiters even up until now, and only NOW am I responding to them. I expect this to be the case for a lot of us. Just curious what your stories are and whether you'd gained traction in the market. What is your perception of the market going forward knowing that a recession is happening?

    submitted by /u/no_spoon
    [link] [comments]

    Porter Robinsons Nurture - https://nurtu.re/

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    https://nurtu.re/

    This is pretty cool.

    How would you even begin to go about creating 3D 'worlds' like this in the browser?

    The lyrics to his songs update dynamically within the Tab Name as well which is a nice touch.

    submitted by /u/somoakie
    [link] [comments]

    Is the W3 library taken seriously in web development for CSS? Or should it not be used?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Can you use the W3 coding library for professional web development?

    submitted by /u/milli2323
    [link] [comments]

    Student, Could I get a critic on my portfolio?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    2nd year student!

    portfolllio: https://mattfrancis888.github.io/portfolio/

    Planning to find web dev positions ((front-end dev; but full-stack would be a later goal).

    I got my first rejection letter and it really motivated me want to improve! Now, I'm planning to doa React + Redux and Typescript project and a node.js + graphql + SQL database project!

    Let me know if there are better things to learn other than those two!.

    submitted by /u/badboyzpwns
    [link] [comments]

    Full Page Scroll-Snapping HTML Sections

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Developing a website with AI body tracking for mixed reality capture

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    What editor and/or theme is being used in VueSchool.io classes?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    How long will it take me to learn React and Redux if I know Vanilla JS very well?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Is it completely different from Vanilla JS?

    submitted by /u/milli2323
    [link] [comments]

    Resources for Protecting User Anonymity

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I recently built a simple site to help addicts in recovery in my area connect with each other for virtual meetings during the covid-19 crisis.

    I was wondering if there are any resources for protecting the anonymity of these users (e.g. scrubbing access logs), or if anyone knows of website hosts who don't track incoming connections. Basically, I don't want anyone to know anything about my users - within reason - without going full dark web. I realize that I can't control what the user's ISP sees, I know that's out of my control.

    Also, I'm not interested in setting up a self-hosted site as I have very little free time right now.

    I consulted search engines on this, but most of the information I could find was on how a user should protect their own identity. I am assuming that most of the audience for this website are not technically savvy and I'd like to have some integrity in keeping their anonymity while helping them reach out for help.

    submitted by /u/feeblewitz
    [link] [comments]

    Website with subpages of similar content

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Say for example that I'm creating a website with a products tab, and many of the products listed have the same content for example product1.html, product2.html, both just vary a bit in the content, and everything else, from header to footing is same, is there a way in web dev to reuse the content? Or would I just copy the code from product1.html and modify it to fit product2.html.

    submitted by /u/Hugeconomy
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with SSL Handshake

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Okay, you guys helped me figure out some domain issues I was having a while back. Well, I'm having a new problem. I am ocassionally seeing an "SSL Handshake Failed" page show up when I try to load my site. This sometimes happens when I just try to load the site and it sometimes happens when I hit the "watch live" button. What's odd is that it isn't consistent... can anyone else reproduce the problem? Any ideas of what it is?

    https://www.lucybaptist.com

    submitted by /u/thereforebeloved
    [link] [comments]

    [OFF] What do you recommend for writing good articles about web/development?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    A few days ago I sent an email to a company here in Brazil, to be able to write for their blog, and after that, I received an email with good practices.

    Like:

    ● The text must be at least 800 words;

    ● Distribute the text in small blocks (no more than 3/4 lines);

    ● Repeat the chosen keyword + synonym throughout the text (without forcing)

    ● Use topics (the famous H2, H3…)

    ● Use the chosen keyword in at least 2 topics;

    ● You can write without much formality, let it flow!

    Also, what do you recommend most to address a topic well?

    submitted by /u/flakesrc
    [link] [comments]

    Web Meetups

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Meetups are pretty popular around the area I'm at but it seems that they were all cancelled (for good reason). I was wondering about starting a virtual meetup, using Zoom or something. I just moved to my state, started to learn webdev from FCC and it hits the fan.

    I know social distancing is a thing, but it doesn't mean we cannot interact via virtually. If there is a group like this, chill. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/WebNChill
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best js/jquery masonry library?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    There are plenty of masonry libraries, but most of they haven't been updated in at least a year. I'm just looking for something that will still be supported for the foreseeable future.

    submitted by /u/GloriousEmu99
    [link] [comments]

    Recently hacked, can't figure out what they changed or where

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Askydivinggearstore.com&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA785CA785&oq=site%3Askydivinggearstore.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.2950j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    Recently hacked our website, I can't figure out how to undo the damage the site works fine its just we have all these thousands of spam links and I can't find them in the Open Cart 3 Software to remove them. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Niess
    [link] [comments]

    I want to do very simple site using html and css. Does anyone know sites(files, free files) which were written only with html and css? (Without js etc, only html and css files)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    I new html, but I have some problems with css, but I need to write a simple site, some examples of sites which were written by these to technologies will help understand css and also I could use it us base for my site

    submitted by /u/RedDima100
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a recursive static site generator to migrate my wiki to

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    I have a very old public Dokuwiki that I'm really starting to regret now that I've learned about clouds and CI pipelines.

    I want to migrate it to a git repo of static markdown files that I push to Gitlab and deploy to S3 using a CI pipeline.

    Can anyone help me find a fitting static site generator for this so I don't have to re-invent a wheel?

    Requirements would be;

    • Python because I'm good with Python but if it works well any language would do.
    • Ability to store markdown in multiple directory levels, each directory forming a "category".
    • Ability to have category indexes files in markdown with some special markup that lists all the pages in its category.
    • Ability to setup web templates for headers, menus, navs, footers and so forth.
    • Some system to piece this all together with a command that can be run within a CI pipeline.
    submitted by /u/stemid85
    [link] [comments]

    Is my mern project in the right direction for applying for my first job?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I've been self studying web development for about 6 months now. I mainly focus on the front end stack (html, css, javascript, and react). Recently, I taught myself about the backend stuff and was able to create a clone mern application with many features in it. The application is inspired by hackr.io and gitconnected. You can check the website out at https://webresources.herokuapp.com/

    Anyway, you can review the source code by clicking on the github link in the website. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Let me know if you think I am ready to apply for my first job! Thanks.

    UPDATE: Image uploading and upvotes ordering isn't working properly on heroku (will try to debug it soon)

    submitted by /u/suonx002
    [link] [comments]

    I'm stuck trying to deploy my react app to netlify

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    So I've created a react app and am trying to deploy it to netlify. Everything's working great locally with this project structure. As far as I understand, in order to deploy something like this with 2 package.json files, one in the image you can see and then one in the client folder, I need a monorepo. So, I made one with lerna, pushed it to github here, and tried to deploy it with netlify. The build failed and you can see the full details here but basically I'm missing the build script and have no idea what that would even look like with this kind of project or what file to include it in. Can someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/annoying-fish
    [link] [comments]

    How does your company track your development productivity?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Just wanted to get an idea on how everyone's companies track their development work. I work as mainly a support developer, so just fixing bugs all day, and we use a spreadsheet to track our time. It seems a bit silly because things never take the same amount of time and we constantly have to explain that every situation is different depending on the site. It's kind of dumb in my opinion but that's how the justify paying us, I guess. It's a marketing agency, so.

    Share your company's methods?

    submitted by /u/Laneljh
    [link] [comments]

    How many toilet papers?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Made this for a bit of fun https://howmanytoiletpapers.com/ have you got enough?

    submitted by /u/CoinLiker
    [link] [comments]

    How does fullscreen on YouTube work?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    I really wonder how you would create something like the YouTube fullscreen yourself. The browsers recognize the as fullscreen, yet you can scroll to the comments and interact with it - this is the only platform where I've seen something like that. How does it work? Are there other websites that do something similar?

    submitted by /u/FunnyPocketBook
    [link] [comments]

    Toolset for creating your own COVID-19 timeline visualization dashboards

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment