• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Should I be making my app in both Xcode and Android Studio, or some Universal platform like Xamarin Ask Programming

    Should I be making my app in both Xcode and Android Studio, or some Universal platform like Xamarin Ask Programming


    Should I be making my app in both Xcode and Android Studio, or some Universal platform like Xamarin

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 04:59 PM PST

    At my company I'm making a mobile app, currently I'm using Unity to make it since our connecting project is in Unity, and that's the only think I know how to use that can build to mobile.

    I've tried using Visual studio's Xamarin, but had a difficult time. I'm learning Xcode, because I have to use that to submit the app to the iOS store. I also just wanted to learn more how it works because I ran into some issues with our most recent push that would have been simple to fix if I knew the fundamentals of how XCode/iOS development works.

    I also want to switch away from Unity since the app I'm making isn't a game, and the things I am trying to do are much easier to accomplish in other languages (swift, android studio java) compared to unity.

    Is it common practice for companies to make separate projects (xcode and android studio) and work on them separately or use something universal, and if they do work on them separately is it one developer making both, or a dedicated iOS developer and a dedicated Android Developer

    submitted by /u/ImMilesAhead
    [link] [comments]

    Need help on text processing with bash script

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Hello people,I'm a bit of a total beginner when it comes to shell scripting so pardon me if I'm asking very simple thing.So, for a course of mine I need to write a shell script to get some informations from a file named log.txt

    the file contain an e-mail head and is presented like this

    From: Toto (toto@gmail.com) Subject: Apprendre à lire un en-tête de mail Date: February 26, 2020 11:27:58 AM PDT To: tata@sondomaine.cm Return-Path: <toto@gmail.com> Delivery-Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:28:01 -0700 Received: from po-out-1718.google.com ([72.14.252.155]:54907) by cl35.gs01.gridserver.com with esmtp (Exim 4.63) (envelope-from <toto@gmail.com>) id 1KDoNH-0000f0-RL for tata@sondomaine.cm; Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:28:01 -0700 Received: by po-out-1718.google.com with SMTP id y22so795146pof.4 for <tata@sondomaine.cm>; Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:27:58 -0700 (PDT) Received: by 10.141.116.17 with SMTP id t17mr3929916rvm.251.1214951458741; Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:28:01 -0700 (PDT) Received: by 10.140.188.3 with HTTP; Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:28:01 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <c8f49cec0807011530k11196ad4p7cb4b9420f2ae752@mail.gmail.com> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_3927_12044027.1214951458678" Message Body: Ce serait super d'apprendre à décoder l'en-tête des emails 

    What I need to do is to write a script which will extract relevant data from the file such as : expediter, destination, number of server crossed by the e-mail and the list of said servers with the time it was received by them. It it supposed to looks like this :

    Expediter is Toto (toto@gmail.com) Destination is tata@sondomaine.cm It crossed 4 server the path is : cl35.gs01.gridserver.com po-out-1718.google.com 10.141.116.17 10.140.188.3 The list of server is : 20200226112801:cl35.gs01.gridserver.com 20200226112801:po-out-1718.google.com 20200226112801:10.141.116.17 20200226112801:10.140.188.3 

    The script I started to write looks like this

    #!/bin/bash #reset rm rapport.txt #expeditor exp=$(grep "^From" log.txt| cut -d ":" -f2) echo "l' expediteur est $exp " >> rapport.txt #destinator dest=$(grep "^ To:" log.txt | cut -d " " -f3) echo "le destinataire du mail est $dest " >> rapport.txt #number of server crossed nb=$(grep "Received" log.txt | grep -c "Received" ) echo "il a traversé $nb serveur(s) " >> rapport.txt #path address=$(grep "Received" log.txt | grep "from" | cut -d " " -f7 ; grep "^ Received" log.txt | grep -v "from" | cut -d " " -f4) echo -e "le chemin est\n$address" >> rapport.txt cat rapport.txtSo, more precisely, what I need help with is to find a way to display date which is initially in this format "26 Feb 2020 11:28:01" as **20200226112801 ,**add the corresponding address with it and sort them chronologically (here since its an example all the date is the same but I really need to find a way to do it) 

    Thanks in advise, sorry if I misused some word, I'm not a native speaker.

    EDIT : Corrected code & log layout, thanks

    submitted by /u/ReallyNotAnExpert
    [link] [comments]

    If you had to build Pokemon Red (the original to keep things simple) without using OOP, how would you go about it?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:02 PM PST

    As the title says. I've always grown up on OOP, mostly from playing games - it seemed the most logical and I thought all games were made in OOP. But someone said to me the other day that pokemon was NOT made in oop and I was flabbergasted, how in the world would you build a game like that without OOP?

    submitted by /u/FakeNamek
    [link] [comments]

    Programming learning! Textbooks vs practical problems?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:14 PM PST

    I saw books at teachyouselfcs.com I found it very hard to understand where things are going with outdated language(lisp) and boring topics without going about practical problems. Like sorting data. Yeah its cool but how do you use it in real world i know big business have it but still sound boring and not much important. Why so much obessesion with algorithims&da when so much practical real appearance stuff you can do. Like video game, website devp etc. I know algorithims are important but they seem boring tools for doing boring business work. Unless there are algorithims which are fun ? How should i learn networking and programming what books or just videos?i am a high school graduate, know basic java, python,pygame, linux commands

    submitted by /u/Blackboxbrownstrip
    [link] [comments]

    Is it really possible to program TRUE randomness?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:50 PM PST

    Are things that are programed to be random really random? Since they inevitably follow some sort of algorithm can we truelly say that it is possible to program randomness? Since there is always a code behind every random output that we create, I'm thinking we can only create unpredictability but never REAL randomness. Am I right? Or is there a way we can create true randomness?

    submitted by /u/johnny5thethird
    [link] [comments]

    How do i go about learning to write scripts for botting?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:27 PM PST

    As the title says i want to learn how to bot using scripts. Im not even sure if using scrips is the right method or not. Any help would be appreciated. If you could point me in some direction and maybe resources? Thank you so much!!

    submitted by /u/utsubyosoi
    [link] [comments]

    Swift basics: Hello World with buttons and unresolved identifier?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:10 PM PST

    Hi I'm learning Swift for the first time and am trying to follow this tutorial but can't seem to get exercise 2. In the code below I'm trying to initialize meaning to the corresponding value in the emoji dictionary I made but I get an "Use of unresolved identifier 'meaning'" error under the alertController initialization. How would I do this with the skeleton code provided in the article I linked?

    // // ViewController.swift // HelloWorld2 // // Created by on 2/27/20. // Copyright © 2020 All rights reserved. //

    import UIKit

    class ViewController: UIViewController {

    override func viewDidLoad() { super.viewDidLoad() // Do any additional setup after loading the view. } @IBAction func showMessage(sender: UIButton) { let emojiDict: [String: String] = ["👾": "Alien", "👻": "Ghost", "🤓": "Nerd", "🤖": "Robot"] let selectedButton = sender if let wordToLookup = selectedButton.titleLabel?.text { var meaning = emojiDict[wordToLookup] } let alertController = UIAlertController(title: "Emoji", message: meaning, preferredStyle: UIAlertController.Style.alert) alertController.addAction(UIAlertAction(title: "OK", style: UIAlertAction.Style.default, handler: nil)) present(alertController, animated: true, completion: nil) } 

    }

    submitted by /u/ZhulanderHS
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, how would I create software for real use of the control f button?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:04 PM PST

    What are your Pega PRPC experiences from a Developer's Perspective?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:42 PM PST

    Background: I like my company and it's culture, but in Mid-2019 my direct management changed and i can no longer stand to remain under them. While looking at internal postings. Found a promising one and talked to the associated manager.

    They are having difficulty filling it as they get senior-level applicants, but they want a mid-level.

    I then found out the position would primarily focus on developing/maintaining applications on the PEGA platform, and could not promise work on anything outside of that. They don't expect experience with PEGA, and will train the individual hired. They just require some experience in software development and OOP concepts.

    I didn't really know much about Pega other than having heard the term occasionally in the office, and knew it was a platform, but assumed it was just the name of an internal application team or similar.

    After work today i then went and did a bit of searching and so far it seems questionable how much 'Software Development' would be involved. from what i've skimmed thus far, it sounds like it the majority of the work would be manipulating things inside the GUI of a platform to configure business rules and such, and very little 'Programming' (i.e. writing literal code).

    My personal history is that i've been in the official role as a software developer for about a year, having finally worked my way here after being a sysadmin for many years who did a great deal of scripting and automating.

    So i'm seeking to understand a bit more what a typical developer position is like when working on the PEGA Platform. Any information is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/WhimsicalKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Recursively reversing a string in javascript

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:44 AM PST

    I don't understand why my code doesn't work, it only returns an empty string.

    var reverse = function(string) { string = string.split(""); let newString = []; if(string.length === 0){ return newString.join(""); } newString.push(string[string.length-1]); return reverse(string.slice(0, -1).join("")); }; 

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

    submitted by /u/partyhatforpartytime
    [link] [comments]

    [Relational Algebra] string != number error...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:45 PM PST

    I have the following query to make:

    1. Select the make_name and model_name of all vehicles, regardless of whether they are on the lot or not, which have a first production year of 1987.

    I have the following error:

    https://imgur.com/a/O8BS9Ce

    Can anyone see what's going on? I'm unsure why there's even an error in the first place.

    submitted by /u/lotyei
    [link] [comments]

    I think that writing a status bar (like xmobar or i3bar or polybar) would be a fun project. What resources would be helpful in starting this project?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 12:43 PM PST

    [Databases] Functional dependencies: I don't see how any of these are transitive dependencies...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Identify which of the FDs are transitive from the given set of F: R(A,B,C,D,E,F,G) F: A->D C->B E->G AB->CEF Which of the following are transitive dependencies? Question options: A->D E->G C->B AB->E 

    For 1, 2, 3, these dependencies are directly dependent and you cannot take a longer route to get from LHS to RHS. So none of these are transitive.
    The same goes with 4 actually.
    I don't understand how any answer can be correct?

    submitted by /u/insanelylogical
    [link] [comments]

    Communication between servers

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:55 PM PST

    I have two servers with scripts and I need to send requests from both servers to get files and some variables but I'm not sure how to do it.

    submitted by /u/Thunderzone115
    [link] [comments]

    When is it necessary to use the constructor in object-oriented programming?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Hi,

    Sometimes I look in object language I have come across several times that the constructor will not be in a class but you still managed to access it. How could one invoke it?

    submitted by /u/camcode
    [link] [comments]

    Javascript - Looping over records returned in a JSON array and performing data operations

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:59 AM PST

    $(document).ready(function(){ loadData(); }); function loadData(){ $.getJSON("http://localhost/players/read.php", function(data) // loop through returned list of data $.each(data.records, function(key, val) { for (counter = 0; val.wage_eur >= 100000; counter++) { console.log(counter); } }); }); }; 

    The trouble I am having in my code is, instead of wanting to output the console.log(counter) every time I increment it, I want to take the final value of that counter and store it in a variable so I can use that variable in Apexcharts for visualisation and I am stuck.

    submitted by /u/powermadmatt
    [link] [comments]

    Data Visualization Dashboard

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 12:42 PM PST

    I am looking at visualizing live data streaming from a microcontroller.

    The way that I am currently thinking about implementing this is by running a few python scripts in parallel (1 for data IO, 1 or more for visualizations). I have my data IO scripts working in the way that I want (no bottleneck) and asynchronous data flow but I am struggling with the visualization aspects.

    The way that I have tested so far is that I have been using Dash (from plotly) and have been running into issues with the speed that the graphs are updating. I have data streaming in at 2kHz and the graph updating at around 10Hz on the website. This results in a datastream that seems "chunky" when in reality it's just because there is a ton of data that is coming in between frames. I am wanting to have data visualized at around 30Hz and up to fix that.

    So my question to reddit is: What frameworks/applications/packages are typically used for live data streaming?

    The system that I want this to run on is a macbook pro or a microsoft surface (needs to be platform independent) with interfaces to python or c++.

    submitted by /u/Almost_eng
    [link] [comments]

    When to use generic method vs an interface argument

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Quick question.

    Note I'm in C# but I'm sure this applies to other languages with same features.

    What is the preferred method or when would you use one over the other for the following cases.

    public void DoSomething<T>(T arg) where T : IsSomething 

    { // Do Stuff }

    VS

    public void DoSomething(ISomething arg) { // Do Stuff } 

    To me they feel very similar in this context all though one is less verbose and probably easier to read IMO.

    submitted by /u/Pleb_nz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a dedicated Browser for Development?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Hi, i've been doing alot of web development recently and as a student I generally program on my laptop, meaning that im pressed for space between an IDE, any resources i'm referencing, and my browser output. That being said I never really liked the dev tools for chrome/fire fox. having the window shrink so I can view a console has led to some problems in the past and I just imagine there's a browser out there with dev tools built in so I don't have to click around to view the JS Console, Elements and Network. I don't love that I have to view them in a small window, in addition to shrinking my existing output window. Has anyone come across these problems and found a better solution than just dealing with it?

    submitted by /u/captainnicmays
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for resources to edit music notation efficiently

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:21 PM PST

    Hello, I'm starting to work on my bachelor thesis and the theme I chose was AI music generation. I'll probably try to teach a neural network to write some simple tunes by feeding it some sample music using Java.

    Are there any good libraries or tools which could be used to convert music files (I guess MIDI) into text, so that a learning algorithm could manipulate with them easily?

    submitted by /u/ludibog
    [link] [comments]

    Is your company measuring your coding productivity via automated systems?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:40 AM PST

    So I read this interesting automation article. on the Verge., about automation systems and how they're being deployed and they mentioned tracking programmer productivity via clicks and scrolls and Git commits ..Does anyone have experience with that ? This is the first I heard of it for software development...

    https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21155254/automation-robots-unemployment-jobs-vs-human-google-amazon

    the specific software mentioned in the article.

    "WorkSmart..The software tracked his keystrokes, mouse clicks, and the applications he was running, all to rate his productivity. He was also required to give the program access to his webcam. Every 10 minutes, the program would take three photos at random to ensure he was at his desk. If Rony wasn't there when WorkSmart took a photo, or if it determined his work fell below a certain threshold of productivity, he wouldn't get paid for that 10-minute interval. "

    submitted by /u/abrandis
    [link] [comments]

    Is my use of Date() object correct?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    Hello!

    I have had problems with Date() for some time because it gave me greenwitch time always, so I made a script that shows the output of almost every Date() method in hopes to figure something out:

    https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GCBINXJWTU5M

    But I didn't. Until just now. It suddenly occurred to me that my highly customized privacy-freak browser might have something to do with it. And lo and behold, my other browser outputs the correct time just beautifully, without any need of conversion.

    So, since you said that I should store the unix time, I just want to double check whether this is correct:

    var dateForSaving = Date.now(); //returns miliseconds var getFormattedDate = new Date(dateForSaving); //date constructor can take a milisecond value 

    So yea:

    1. Is this how to do it?

    2. Can you point me to somewhere where I can read up on how to get week numbers?

    3. Why does Date.new() method not need the new keyword? Is it because it just returns a value, and doesn't create an actual object?

    Tnx!

    submitted by /u/awwwes
    [link] [comments]

    R Studio: failing to load package “maps”

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Hey all, just made a post on StackOverflow, but figured I would post it here anyway.

    I am trying to install a packaged called "maps" but for some reason it keeps failing. I can install other packages just fine, and a reinstall of R Studio did not help.

    You can view the code and output here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60438831/compilation-failed-for-package-maps

    I would really love any help you can give on the matter, as I need this package for my homework due soon.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TechKatana
    [link] [comments]

    Software licensing question; no distribution, modifications allowed, but have to be given back to the copyright holder

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm currently developing some software. I might soon be hired for exactly this software in a company. I will continue to work on the software while at the company and want to retain all the progress done at the company.
    My personal interest is a bit conflicting with the companies interest here. I want to work around it by giving them a license with the following features:

    • No distribution to 3rd parties allowed
    • Modifications are allowed
    • Modifications have to be given back to the copyright holder

    This way any modifications I or anyone else does within the company to my software have to be given back to me (as an instance outside of the company).

    I've been searching quite a bit for a license like this, but couldn't find any.

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/fatboYYY
    [link] [comments]

    What's your choice for a Javascript tree grid?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    So far I've played with DataTables with an extension and jQWidgets.

    submitted by /u/dacracot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment