• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    An Honest Criticism of Smart Contract Platforms: We Wanted Decentralized Cars but All We Got Is Speculation Computer Science

    An Honest Criticism of Smart Contract Platforms: We Wanted Decentralized Cars but All We Got Is Speculation Computer Science


    An Honest Criticism of Smart Contract Platforms: We Wanted Decentralized Cars but All We Got Is Speculation

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:16 AM PST

    Online Degrees for Comp Sci?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:52 PM PST

    Hi, everyone. So I'm a college dropout. I went to school for about 3 years. I pretty much failed classes, withdrew from classes. Obviously, I lasted 3 years so I did pass some of my classes and do I have credits already. I really never had an idea of what I wanted to do. I honestly hated my major now that I look back at it, and I just hated school.

    I recently start looking into Web Development after talking to my best friend who is almost done in getting his degree. I started off by coding online, and have been working my way through freecodecamp.

    I see people do get jobs without a degree, but I feel like I would have about 2 years left (I hope) if went back to school and just got my degree. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on what would be good schools to do that online? I also do work full time as well.

    submitted by /u/prk695
    [link] [comments]

    Intro to generative art in python

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    When does a table’s data become too large? Does it it ever?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:37 AM PST

    Suppose there's is a regular SQL table that add a new entry row every time a user does some action. This table can fill up with million entries very fast. How will that affect (or scale) in terms on retrieving data?

    Bonus question: what methods databases use to find data fast? Eg hashing data.

    submitted by /u/Mortum1
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to start building resume?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:56 AM PST

    How do I get started? Do I just start making some big projects in my free time?

    submitted by /u/Fireblade944
    [link] [comments]

    How could I turn on my PC remotely?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:19 AM PST

    Is there some reliable way to be able to turn on your computer wirelessly while not being in the same room? Has this project ever been done because I was unable to find any sources online

    EDIT: I am a student living in student accommodation. Is there a way to do it without having access to my router?

    submitted by /u/Falgasi
    [link] [comments]

    A server dedicated to intellect and theory: Sciences (Math, physics, programming), Philosophy, Psychology, & more including MBTI, Enneagram, Cognitive Functions. Political discussions and debates are also welcomed. Come engage in mind-stimulating discussion.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Feb. 26, Free Talk on Fairness in Machine Learning with Tulsee Doshi, Product Lead for Google's ML Fairness Effort

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:22 PM PST

    February 26 at 12 pm EST, join Tulsee Doshi for the free ACM TechTalk "Fairness in Machine Learning."

    As we build machine learning models intended for a global and diverse user base, it is also important to ensure that the outcome is inclusive of that user base. In this talk, Doshi present a few lessons Google has learned through our products and research, and share some of the approaches developers can take to evaluate and improve fairness concerns.

    Register free to attend live or on demand.

    submitted by /u/ACMLearning
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best pathfinding algorithm available right now?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:36 AM PST

    ELI5: What is a virtual IP address?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:34 AM PST

    I understand that an IP address is an address on the Internet like 1.2.1.2.

    I recently learned about the concept of a virtual IP address. This is the definition of virtual IP address from Wikipedia

    'A virtual IP address (VIP or VIPA) is an IP address that doesn't correspond to an actual physical network interface'

    Can someone give an ELI5 explanation for the difference between an IP address and a virtual IP address? Does a virtual IP address have something to do with load balancers?

    I read too that a virtual IP address can be assigned to multiple servers so that made me think of a load balancer.

    submitted by /u/Truetree9999
    [link] [comments]

    What makes Python be such a powerful language to use

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:50 PM PST

    Can someone tell me the output for this? I started Comp Sci 2 this year and I don’t remember anything

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:26 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment