• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 16, 2020

    10 tips for using diagrams to ace the system design interview Computer Science

    10 tips for using diagrams to ace the system design interview Computer Science


    10 tips for using diagrams to ace the system design interview

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Determining weight of a cow in O(log W) time

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:08 PM PST

    I remember that there was a fable story in my country.

    Long long time ago, there was a village was trying to weight a cow - but this cow was big and no scale could handle him. A young prodigy came up with this idea. First, he told the village to put the cow on a boat, then mark the water level that the boat was at (with the cow on the boat). Next, he told the village to put bricks on the boat, until the boat reached the mark (that the village previously mark with the cow on the boat). He told the village to weight every single brick to get the weight of the cow.

    I just suddenly thought about this and wanted to try an algorithm on it. Supposed the weight of the cow is W (and unknown) and the weight of each brick is 1 pounds, is there a way to weight the cow in O(log W) complexity using the bricks? The weight could be +/- 1 pound in terms of number errors (for example - it can be anywhere between 199 and 201).

    I was thinking about binary search but unsure if that will work.

    Thank you folks!

    submitted by /u/kienguyen3110
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to know about computer architecture to be a systems programmer?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:31 AM PST

    What topics from computer architecture are most important for a systems programmer, e.g. kernel development or low level embedded systems development?

    Links to resources are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dojza
    [link] [comments]

    25 Best Online Python Courses to Learn

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:44 AM PST

    Coder Cup Problem 9: How many 20 digit numbers n exist such that no three consecutive digits of n have a sum greater than 9?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:51 PM PST

    Question about Blockchain/Smart Contracts my professor asked me

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:55 PM PST

    Hi,

    when I held a college presentation lately about DAML a smart contract language, I came up with the following example of a smart contract:

    An investor lends a buisenessman 50 Bitcoin. If the buisness man earns 100 Bitcoin he automatically pays the investor 80 Bitcoin and if he doesn't earn enough in six months, he automatically pays the investor 60 Bitcoin.

    Now my professor asked, how is it ensured, that we don't program Smart Contracts that kick us into infinite debt? How is credit handeled generally on crypto currencies? Didn't find any answers on the web yet. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/d3nnix
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between "return address" and "program counter" when a stack grows?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:41 PM PST

    What is the difference between "return address" and "program counter" when a stack grows? I'm don't really know how a stack grows when you call a function.

    submitted by /u/yoloblazeit123
    [link] [comments]

    Experiencing some burnout

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    This is partly a rant partly a seeking advice from others who may have experienced what I'm going through. I left a business analyst role to pursue a masters in computer science and 2 years in to my program. I work part-time and had my hours cut unexpectedly and some surprise expenses pop up. Life happens and I'm old enough to understand that it is important to be financially prepared. However the burden of working to get back ahead of my expenses while balancing my CS / Math coursework has been killing me inside. Both topics are subjects I love but I am missing the joy that I experienced in the past.

    I know this is burnout. It has happened before with work and know the signs. I'm thinking about taking a step back withdrawing from the quarter and resume again in the Spring. Take 6 weeks to work, enjoy some outdoors, and attempt to re-balance my life. Spoke with a professor I'm close with who seems to be in support of where my head is at. Interested in hearing other peoples' thoughts on the matter and personal anecdotes cause it is an incredibly isolating feeling so overwhelmed by life.

    submitted by /u/SmartSpinach7
    [link] [comments]

    C++ Job Requirements (Junior & Intermediate)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Since C++ is a complex programming language, what are the requirements for a Junior, and an intermediate programmer?

    submitted by /u/Soulblitz
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Sort implemented in Javascript (Video)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Hey guys, so I've been looking at a couple videos on quick sort, and I feel that, while they may have a bit more efficient solution, the way many people solved the quick sort is not really intuitive, especially for newcomers. I came up with my own solution, which you can find here: https://youtu.be/P6XGSKO2RzI

    Let me know what you guys think!

    submitted by /u/justinkim943
    [link] [comments]

    C vs Java vs Python for A & DS / interview questions?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Besides the obvious choice of use the one your are most comfortable with or the one the company is lookig for, what in your opinion is the best for this?

    I currently am doing them in java but at times am feeling like the less code and less chance of syntax error of python would be helpful to me. A lot has to do with learning resources as well but I have an algo book on each language so it's really just about picking one.

    All opinions welcome and appreciated, Thanks

    submitted by /u/girvain
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment