• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    My undergrad CS and math notes with an emphasis on the foundational math Computer Science

    My undergrad CS and math notes with an emphasis on the foundational math Computer Science


    My undergrad CS and math notes with an emphasis on the foundational math

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:54 PM PST

    https://github.com/alptheexplorer/epflLectureNotes

    enjoy. Im posting this again cuz the moderator removed it for no apparent reason and never replied to my message asking him why....

    submitted by /u/ALPDOESIB
    [link] [comments]

    Petition demanding that the ACM immediately withdraw its signature from the letter opposing a US government policy to require the free distribution of all federally funded research.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:35 PM PST

    How can I prepare myself mathematically for a machine learning course?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:18 AM PST

    So, I am taking a machine learning course at a local university after work later this month. I already took all the required math courses in undergrad and I have an MS in CS.

    The problem is, I never had a math or CS course that allowed me to apply mathematical concepts from all over the years and I feel like all my mathematical knowledge is the result of me learning each topic discretely and not how they relate.

    How can I prepare myself for the math if I already have the background knowledge?

    submitted by /u/Manspider10
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Science Master's Thesis with a Game Development topic?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Do any of you guys have ideas for theses in this field?

    I did a Bachelors thesis on simulating "realistic" erosion for randomly generated terrain which was a really fun and practical project.

    But I'm thinking about doing my masters and would appreciate any ideas you guys might have.

    These "broad" topics regarding game development would interest me the most:

    Any and all random generation (music, game worlds, etc.), game AI, machine learning, and game engines.

    submitted by /u/SphericalDonut
    [link] [comments]

    101+ Coding Interview Problems with Detailed Solutions, Test Cases, and Program Analysis

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:31 PM PST

    Hi friends,

    4 months ago, I made a reddit post on creating a newsletter that sends out 3-6 coding interview problems with details solutions every week. To my surprise, the post received a lot of attention and positive feedbacks from the community.

    Since the total number of problems and solutions has just passed 101, I would like to say another big thank you all again for all the support. It really helps me keep going.

    Moving on, I am hoping to add more questions and then finally condense them into a list of most frequently appeared coding interview problems that I think are the most valuable and productive to spend time on. Again, my goal has always been to help you get good at algorithms and data structures so that you can prepare better for your next coding interviews.

    For those who don't know, here is the link to all 101+ questions and solutions, sorted by resources →

    If you're interested in getting updates for this, feel free to check out my blog and join my mail list here.

    Best,

    Hoanh

    submitted by /u/hoanhan101
    [link] [comments]

    Time, clocks, and order.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Top 10 Machine Learning Methods Explained in Layman Terms

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    25 Best Online Python Courses to Learn in 2020

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    Microsoft & Peking University FaceShifter: High Fidelity, Occlusion Aware Face Swapping

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    Facebook AI | Text-Based Generation of Interactive Worlds

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    ELI5: When to Scale-out vs Scale-up?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I know in computing, scalability is the ability of a a system to deal with bigger problems

    I know there are two scaling strategies, scaling-out and scaling-up

    I know scale up extends the existing system so that it can carry more load(if you out more RAM Into your server)

    I know that scale out means increasing the number of system components and dividing the workload such that the load on any component stays bounded over time despite the overall increase in workload.

    Can someone give an ELI5 explanation of when you want to use one scaling strategy vs the other and the tradeoffs of each?

    submitted by /u/Truetree9999
    [link] [comments]

    AutoAI: Automatic ML Tasks Like Model/Parameter Selection and Feat Eng

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:31 AM PST

    Remote employers that offer tuition reimbursement?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Does anyone know of any good employers that hire remote employees and provide tuition reimbursement? Preferred roles are software engineer and data scientist, both entry level. I've heard that federal government jobs are great for tuition reimbursement, but I can't seem to find any remote ones. (I'm looking to earn a math degree, which is best done on campus, not online, and classes fall during standard work hours.) Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EmBenji
    [link] [comments]

    Introduction to Asynchronous Programming: an Async Programming 101, a top-down introduction to Async Programming, complete with a review of compsci fundamentals and a demo program

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:16 AM PST

    I created the Introduction to Async Programming that I had hoped to find and published it on my website at https://deeptanshumalik.com/2019/07/03/async-programming-demo/ I first show what async programming is so that you can become interested in the how and why of it.


    It's a top-down introduction to asynchronous programming complete with a review of computer science fundamentals related to concurrent programming and asynchronous programming, a detailed explanation of how they differ and a demo program to show why asynchronous programming can be useful and how you can write async programs effectively. Async Programming 101

    submitted by /u/curiouslearner937
    [link] [comments]

    University App Legalities?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:26 AM PST

    I'm a college student thinking about making an app that would be related to my University (something along the lines of dining hall menus or the like). Before I get started, I was wondering if there are any legal repercussions associated with trying to do this? I'm not looking to make any sort of profit, just to have a fun side project!

    submitted by /u/throwaway294858292
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment