• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    I've made 100+ free Low-poly Textured Buildings you can use in any game!

    I've made 100+ free Low-poly Textured Buildings you can use in any game!


    I've made 100+ free Low-poly Textured Buildings you can use in any game!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:18 AM PST

    Hey! As always, the packs are posted first on my twitter.

    Hope you like them and use them in any project! (If you use them send me screenshots! i'd love to see that)


    If you want all the packs in one file or specific models for your game i've made a Patreon!, and i would love if you could support me with a dollar there, it would mean a lot!

    Here's my website if you want to check it out, the packs are there too


    Preview


    Includes:

    • 100+ Models(Base versions of each building, and separate windows, door,etc also included. FBX, OBJ and Blend formats)

    Download


    Past Weeks:


    50+ Character pack

    Ultimate Food Pack

    RPG Items and Icons

    Ultimate Nature

    Animated Tanks

    Modular Dungeon

    Modular Trains

    Animated Alien

    Furniture

    Animated Women

    Animated Men

    Easy Enemies

    Buildings

    Animated Dinosaurs

    Car Pack

    Platformer Pack

    Animated Robot

    Farm Buildings

    Medieval Weapons

    Animated Monsters

    Posed Humans

    Animated Knight

    Farm Animals

    Sci fi guns

    Civilization Buildings

    Animated Fish

    Modular Street

    Ships

    Modular Dungeon

    Spaceships

    Animated Zombie

    Animated Woman

    Animated Man

    Furniture vol.2

    Animated Animals


    License: CC0: Public domain, completely free to use in both personal and commercial projects (no credit required but appreciated).


    If you have any questions or problems tell me, i also have my Twitter DMs open! I'll gladly help as soon as i can. If you want you can follow me on Twitter.

    submitted by /u/QuaterniusDev
    [link] [comments]

    User test/benchmark to find their ideal FPS game sensitivity

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:20 AM PST

    I've had this idea for a while but don't know how best to implement it. Could a user test to find the ideal sensitivity for each person work?

    Like not a basic target range as I find they're not very helpful. But what I was thinking is challenge the user to trace objects like a circle with their analogue sticks with different sensitivity levels. Whichever is the most accurate and looking like the actual object is the ideal setting. Then maybe deadzone tests where the user has to thread a 2D string into a needle.

    Has any developer added such a thing to a game before? Does anyone think this sounds like a good idea?

    submitted by /u/MetalingusMike
    [link] [comments]

    Basic texture set question

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:53 AM PST

    So I'm creating a game ready asset. I'm trying to make it optimized as possible, so I am using one texture set. It is a rifle weapon - I'll just be rendering it in Marmoset and getting some rendered shots to post on my ArtStation and website.

    So general question: how many texture sets do gaming companies like Epic Games and so on use for each weapon that's in their games? Is it just one for optimization purposes? Or 2-3 texture sets? I'm using one right now but feel like a lot of detail is being lost. There's some metal, and glass textures.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kevinconrad2888
    [link] [comments]

    How do i find out how many copies a game sold on steam?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:50 AM PST

    i think steamdb used to tell you but it can't anymore or something. is there any other way? also is there a way to find out numbers sold on all platforms?

    submitted by /u/newdayagain07
    [link] [comments]

    An awesome person put together a shorter, better, Unity manual - get started today

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Reselling 3D model I ordered?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Hi, I am planning to hire a 3D artist to model and texture the characters I have designed for my game. I have contacted the artist by phone and we have agreed on the price. But I want to make sure legally I am allowed to resell the 3D models (on unity asset store etc.), since our team have very limited budget and we want to make every penny worth it.

    So my question is how do I make sure that I own the 3D model and am able to sell it when needed? Do i need to use a third party site to legally prove that I have purchased all rights of the models?

    submitted by /u/kursadacar
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Game Design degree from a University like USC or DigiPen worth going for?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    TL;DR Want to specifically go for designing game mechanics, levels and UX. Interested in coding, but not hardcore. Wouldn't want to go for a CS degree. Is it worth it?

    So, I'm currently planning for an undergraduate degree at university. I really enjoy games, of all kinds, and really want to get into the industry. I understand that playing and making games are two completely separate things, and I really enjoy the process that goes into making, implementing and designing a game.

    I enjoy designing levels and mechanics. I've been working with pen&paper as well as tabletop games, and have recently started playing around with Unity. As such, I want to get to a position where I can effectively design games. I'm very interested in being a part of the design process, figuring out level design and player interaction with the same.

    I've been researching, and the general sentiment seems to be that a degree in Game Design aren't very highly recommended. The reasons for this are often stated as the degree programmes not being good enough in most schools and that the degrees themselves come second to portfolios.

    Are there Universities worth going to for a game design degree? I've heard the names USC and DigiPen mentioned frequently and their programmes seem really cool. Are there any others I should be looking into? If I don't want to go down the programming route, are there any other degrees I should be looking at?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/standardbearer2255
    [link] [comments]

    Helium Balloon Gun Tutorial UE4 (link inside)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:30 AM PST

    When did you start marketing your game?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    What point did you start marketing your game, and would you have changed it? Did you show off placeholder assets? Did you show off theoretical characters in the game that might be removed? Or did you wait until it was ready to go into a beta test?

    Curious to see what this communities experience has been!

    submitted by /u/PlanarGates
    [link] [comments]

    really need you advice guys :)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:23 AM PST

    hi guys, I've been learning game development in unity for a while and my problem is..i need a fast solution how to make my learning more effectively applicable to my games, because i already knew few of the basic

    I follow brackeys channel in youtube and subscribe udemy course gamedevtv and i thing that rick and ben's course are too complicated to follow

    what are you guys thought? should i just follow brackeys tutorial or enjoy the proccess in learning with udemy course?

    i really need you guys help xoxo, because i have a target to master or at least know how to use unity for my first game bacis publishing. thankyouu

    submitted by /u/Guievere42
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial to learn unity for senior developers

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:21 AM PST

    I want a tutorial that does not teach me basic programming and does not ignore the scripting part of unity and is not slow paced. Thanks

    submitted by /u/redon321
    [link] [comments]

    Win Samsung Note, Microsoft Pro 6, iPhone 11, OnePlus 6T and more for completing developer survey

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Best thing to go to school for if I want to be a game dev?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:32 AM PST

    There are two programs at my school.

    Computer programming and media design.

    Computer programming teaches you a few languages and databases and math.

    Media design is this.

    List from media program: dynamic media development web design and programming photography videography motion graphics project management UX design graphic design content managdement

    Which is best if I want a future in game design?

    submitted by /u/KushGuru
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing the right sdk ?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:29 AM PST

    My friend wanted to create a 2d game and at first I recommended him to use unity. I decided that we should work on the game together just for fun as a hobby and I thought about using corona sdk. I used corona sdk a long tile ago like when it first came out and I enjoyed it since it seemed relatively easy to get started. Is it worth learning lua for corona sdk or should we just stick to unity?

    submitted by /u/YourBlanket
    [link] [comments]

    Open list of libgdx games/apps

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    Hello fellow game developers,

    We create an open list of libgdx games and apps on github Please feel free to send a PR to include your games and apps https://github.com/vminc/made-with-robovm-libgdx

    The benefits of inlcuding your apps here are two-fold. It improves the credentials of libGDX/RoboVM as a technology stack as new users can discover how they have been succesfully applied. It improves the visibility of your apps and you get a link back to your apps for free.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/vemotim2
    [link] [comments]

    Which character modeling workflow is better for beginners? Poly modeling or sculpting?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:51 AM PST

    I've been working with Maya for a while. Despite wanting to work my way into becoming a 3-D character artist, I never fully made a character model before until about now. I'm currently working on the Joan of Arc tutorial, but I kept getting frustrated with the tutorial. I just saw Flipped Normal's video about sculpting vs poly modeling which starting making me realize that poly modeling may not be a good method for modeling characters in the future, especially for a beginner.

    I'm wondering which work flow works better in your experience. In your opinion, should I start modeling characters through poly modeling or just stick to sculpting instead?

    submitted by /u/Tekki777
    [link] [comments]

    PlayStation API

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    Hi,

    Websites such as psnprofiles.com and playstationtrophies.org use some sort of API. They get data such as users, games and trophies. I know for sure that Sony hasn't any public API. Now I did some research and found an PHP API which can get information for one user. You have to log in via two step verification, get the user_id token and tada. This however doesn't work for me anymore since Sony change the way there authorization is handled from time to time.

    So I really wanna know how I can access all of these data like the websites mentioned above do. They can even do it without the PSN login criteria from a user.

    Is there someone in this sub with a little bit more inside information about this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Capitvno
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a light image sequence viewing program to preview animations as I work on them.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Is there any small program (less than 9mb) that simply previews seperate images of a sprite animation?

    submitted by /u/numgun
    [link] [comments]

    LOVE2D vs Godot vs Defold?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:43 AM PST

    Hi!

    I'm a newbie in game development, and I just want to know where to start? A framework is enough to make a complex game, or this is for just prototyping?

    I have a good understanding in Python, which is similar to GDScript, but Lua(for LOVE2D) seems simpler than GDScript. I guess in LOVE2D the game development is faster, but in Godot I could make more quality games. Or am I wrong?

    I believe, the LOVE2D framework is harder to get into, and I don't think it is the best choice for difficult/complex game mechanics.

    And there is Defold, which also uses Lua, and has some really great tutorials! So the engine seems very promising.

    So LOVE2d is the perfect choice if I want to learn Lua, and do everything in a text editor. But this is best choice for a beginner?

    Godot is a really great 2D/3D game engine, where you can make complex game mechanics, and since it is a game engine, it has animation editor, tilemap editor and many things, that LOVE2D doesn't have.

    And Defold is a 2D game engine, with many tools to make professional 2D games. And has very interactive tutorials!

    I want to make 2D games first, but later I want to try out the 3D game development as well. For now I just want to make a simple game, for example Pong.

    So my question is: Where to start?

    Oh, and please don't tell me to try Unity, or Unreal, or Cocos2d-x, and things like that, thanks :) (I tried them, but these engines are harder to learn than these, that I am asking about)

    submitted by /u/Domy918
    [link] [comments]

    What are some examples of multiple games made from the same "base" game?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:50 PM PST

    For example, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings. This is a massive over-statement, but they're basically the same "base" game, with different mechanics for their different focuses. But it uses the same underlying game structure. What are some other games like this, and what do you think they did good/bad with it?

    submitted by /u/Tristan401
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for reference of fun/cool looking horde of agents

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Hello guys,

    I am looking for reference of cool looking hordes of multiple agents in video games

    From 1-10 agents to 10-50 agents.

    I am planning on creating a group of NPC that are running together as a horde and the player can interact with them by giving them more energy/excitement. I'm just not sure how to approach how to make this pack of NPC look cool fun realistic and dynamic. Each NPC is a block with a few animation and the camera is side view in my game.

    I would still be interested in any reference that might help me see what a cool looking pack of monsters is looking like.

    Thanks, P.

    submitted by /u/pafdanstagueule
    [link] [comments]

    aa ab ac currency system

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:04 AM PST

    Unity C#

    Some like tycoon games use aa ab ac etc for money like first you have 1k>1M>1B>1T>1aa>1ab etc after az it will go like ba and bb...

    Does someone know how i can make this? Or what the system is called

    submitted by /u/SiddhartSsg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment