• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Can someone critique my CV/Resume? web developers

    Can someone critique my CV/Resume? web developers


    Can someone critique my CV/Resume?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Rete: JavaScript framework for visual programming and creating node editor

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Reality has a surprising amount of detail

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:00 AM PST

    A collection of React hooks to speed up your development process

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    few days ago I've published a React hooks library on GitHub and NPM in the hope to possibly help other developers to speed-up their development process.The library provides easy-to-use pre-made business logics to use (therefore re-use) in your React components.

    Recently I've updated the documentation and fixed few bugs emerged from discussions on other topics and platform, here's the link:

    https://github.com/beautifulinteractions/beautiful-react-hooks/

    I'm sharing in the best possible open source spirit so feel free to comment, star, share, judge, whatever... everyone's welcome :)

    Cheers,

    A.

    submitted by /u/antonio_ru
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the best CMS for maintaining a simple blog, while also having the ability to add completely own pages (with own HTML, PHP, CSS & JS) and keeping the header, navigation, etc...?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    What would be the best CMS for maintaining a simple blog, while also having the ability to add completely own pages (with own HTML, PHP, CSS & JS) and keeping the header, navigation, etc...?

    As the title goes. I have a website that I currently use to host a few simple services I programmed (like a Reddit downloader, image modification, etc...) that use their own PHP and Javascript code, but I also wan't to host a simple blog about SDR.

    The idea is that a user visits the homepage and sees the blog part, but can also navigate to the services I made, and when they're done there, they can use the menu again to go back to the blog part and other services. Here comes my problem: I want to keep the header, menu, etc... parts on my custom pages, without having to code my own. And if I change something in the header (like the background color), it should also change the header color of the custom pages. I currently tried something like this with wordpress, but I just got some simple HTML options about a single page.

    I'm not an expert in web development, but I know my way around with HTML, CSS, JS and PHP. (I'm a technical computer science student, not a software engineer). Because of that I want more customizability in the CMS engine. (Not some drag and drop only thingy). Free is a must and open source would be appreciated.

    I added two images to (hopefully) describe it better:

    Blog part.

    Web program I made part.

    And what the code part would look like.

    So could any of you guys help me find the right CMS for this situation?

    submitted by /u/melvin2204
    [link] [comments]

    Best Headless CMS for Gatsby?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    I'm looking for a Headless CMS to use with Gatsby.

    I've heard that Prismic, Sanity, Forestry, Contentful, and Netlify CMS are pretty decent.

    I'm looking to use it for a hobby project, so limits and prices are not a concern for me right now. The criteria I'm looking at are:

    • Ease of set up
    • Ease of content entry (decent support for rich-text)
    • Integration with GatsbyJS

    I would love to hear your experience with any of these CMS platforms.

    submitted by /u/collinstommy
    [link] [comments]

    12+ Physical Shop locations?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I'm currently building a shopify website for a client who has 12 physical shops. These 12 shops will all be under one umbrella shopify store. Everything was going smooth and I was able to integrate a pick-up instore third party app into the website.

    But I have just realised that in order to track inventory in each store Shopify only supports up to 8 different locations. This client has 12 stores. The 8 location maximum is 300 dollars a month, and the plan below (5 shops) is 80 dollars.

    This has put a wrench in my entire development cycle because I need the ability to add up to 12 locations and from googling it does not seem possible with shopify. This seems very strange, why would they stop at 8 locations?

    Has anyone dealt with this before? Or does anyone know of a more powerful CMS similar to shopify that will support 12 locations and instore pickup/inventory management?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dazdd
    [link] [comments]

    Website with www. or no www. better?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:04 AM PST

    Hey guys, I am setting up a new website and now my Webhost is asking if I'd like to set www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com as my prioritised Domain. The only Information they provide is this:

    Wählen Sie die URL aus (entweder mit oder ohne Präfix "www."), an die Website-Besucher via SEO-sicherer HTTP-301-Weiterleitung weitergeleitet werden sollen.

    Translation: "Choose the URL (with or without the Prefix "www"), to which Website-Users should be redireted by SEO-save HTTP-301 Redirecting"

    And I can't find anything online which one is better / what the difference is.

    Thanks!

    Edit: I reacted bad in the comments. I am tired, I shouldn't be replying. Sorry!

    submitted by /u/ImAMovieMaker
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a blog website with contentful js as a cms

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:01 AM PST

    So i started building a blog website using gatsby where multiple users would sign up and make blog posts. I am using mongo as my database. I wanted to use contentful js as my cms but i cant figure it out how can a user that signs up at my website can use the contentful cms to add new posts. How can i achieve this?

    submitted by /u/PTBA1
    [link] [comments]

    How can I replicate this sidenav effect where I can slowly drag it back in on a smartphone? From https://web.dev

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:13 PM PST

    Open source web applications for reference?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Hey all, I manage several web development projects right now but I am always looking to learn new skills and hone in my existing ones. I've learned a lot studying the code from common open source web applications like the Kubernetes dashboard, Vault and Consul web uis etc. What other open-source projects have web applications that I can use to study new patterns and techniques?

    submitted by /u/sharddblade
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a handmadehero style videos available for web development?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:10 AM PST

    I need your help :)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Hi guys i am a front-end developer who would like to start working in the back-end field,but i need your help i don't know what is the best language to start with.Some people have told me that i should start with C# and .Net others have told me to start with PHP and Laravel others with Node.js.People have also told me that i sould never start learning PHP because it is a dying language.

    submitted by /u/yakismoki899
    [link] [comments]

    Programming podcast for learning practical computer science concepts in a brief and accessible way

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    If VW/VH is supposed to be a percent of the viewport, why are my images so tiny at 150%? I've got an image sized to 150vw and 150vh and it's only now about 15 percent of my viewport.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Changing Background Color

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:57 AM PST

    I'm posting here so it can get more attention r/Xcode was pretty dry (reposted from a friend)

    Hello everybody. I'm new in Xcode, and I've been working on the following app for the past 5 months: Shrek Time Converter

    Anyway, i have three view controllers, the Calculator, the Calendar, and the Options. In the Options View Controller, I have a UISwitch that basically determines if you use Dark Mode or Light Mode. However, i can't seem to control the background colors of the Calendar and Calculator from the Option View Controller. So I'm wondering if anybody will be able to help me out.

    Also, I can't get the UserDefaults to work either.

    If there is any advice for me as a new Swift programmer, please let me know

    submitted by /u/bigChungi69420
    [link] [comments]

    My first project that I made 100% by myself with no tutorials (It does function to, but I just wanted to show the layout). What could I improve?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Help with a two tier selection menu app

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Noob here trying to develop a selection app, where a user can select from primary and sub options.

    The options are in a JSON (below), and I've looped through it to create buttons for each primary option. On-click of hte primary, a pop up opens with more buttons for each of primary's subs. So you could choose a primary and no subs or a primary and one or more subs.I'm able to push the selected options to an array - in a weird format - but I'm not sure how to manage the array later, like if a button is clicked again to remove the option.

    Would anyone know of a code along or similar project I could use for guidance?

    Really not sure if i've gone about this in the right way at all. Thanks in advance

    [{ "PrimaryName" : "P1", "SubName" : "S1" },{ "PrimaryName" : "P1", "SubName" : "S2" },{ "PrimaryName" : "P2", "SubName" : "S1" }] 
    submitted by /u/enchantedkeyboard
    [link] [comments]

    Best URL format option

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:10 AM PST

    Hi All, I have a website/blog where I write posts about what I learn in terms of coding.

    So I have it structured for blocks of contents -> courses - > post

    Then for example, i have one block called programming inside this one a course called basic programming and then a post called whats an array; Its just an example, you get the idea.

    so, here is my question. Atm I have the blocks in the next url site.com/courses/programming which i think is grand. and each one of the courses in the following one .com/course/basic-programming

    note: s from courses got removed.

    But my concern came at the time to select the post. My current state is site.com/course/basic-programming/what-is-an-array which I was happy enough but, I was now doin some stuff and I not sure if instead of that long and "course-dependent" URL it should be something like site.com/Post/what-is-an-array

    Thinking that I'm not planing to move the posts arround courses, does that make any sense to change the url (will redirect from the old ones) or doesn't matter at all? IF it will be a new blog, will be better the first option or the second? I've been looking at newspapers/blogs/etc and seems like there is not a clear pattern.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CraZy_TiGreX
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Domains Package Deal

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:19 AM PST

    Anyone know of the best place to wrap .com/.org/etc. into a package? I'm looking to buy all the major ones for my new site but want to get the best deal. Appreciate the help ahead of time!

    submitted by /u/TrustyTy
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my email sign up form to work while hosting static webpage on S3 AWS?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:05 AM PST

    Like the title states - I'm trying to get my email collection form on my static webpage to work while hosting on AWS.

    The HTML is:

    <form id="email-submit" method="post"> <div class="container-fluid"> <div class="row justify-content-end"> <div class="col-lg-6"> <div class="call-action-content text-center"> <h2 class="call-title">Want early access?</h2> <p class="text">Enter your email below to gain priority access and to receive updates on the official release.</p> <div class="call-newsletter"> <i class="lni-envelope"></i> <input type="email" id="email-input" placeholder="Email address"> <button type="submit" onClick="submitToAPI2(event)">Stay informed</button> 

    And the jquery/ajax I found on Amazon's documentation I'm using is:

    function submitToAPI2(e) { e.preventDefault(); var URL = "the api gateway"; var reeamil = /^([a-zA-Z0-9_.+-])+\@(([a-zA-Z0-9-])+\.)+([a-zA-Z0-9]{2,4})+$/; if (!reeamil.test($("#email-input").val())) { alert ("Please enter a valid email address"); return; } var email = $("#email-input").val(); var data = { email : email }; $.ajax({ type: "POST", url : "api gateway", dataType: "json", crossDomain: "true", contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8", data: JSON.stringify(data), success: function () { // clear form and show a success message alert("Successfull"); document.getElementsById("email-submit").reset(); location.reload(); }, error: function () { // show an error message alert("Error. Please try again"); }}); } 

    Any ideas on why the function is returning an error?

    submitted by /u/marosenthal18
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on adjusting to a new codebase?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

    When you start a new job how do you approach learning a new codebase (which may include tools or technologies that you don't have experience in)? And how long does it take you to integrate and get up to speed?

    I just started my first professional job in software engineering / web development last week. I am the most junior employee at a relatively small company which doesn't have much material for onboarding or training new employees so I am working hard to get some understanding of their systems so I can start to contribute. There is a lot of complexity in their existing codebase though and I am having a bit of trouble picking it up. Even things I've used in the past like React-redux seem to be much more complicated and harder to understand the company's implementation than how I have used it in the past, and there are other parts of the stack that I have no experience in (mostly a complex backend written in Go). Any advice for a new engineer?

    submitted by /u/nate-developer
    [link] [comments]

    How to have a logo overhang the header border?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Hi, I'm using WP, with elementor and Ocean WP - Does anyone know how I can make my logo overhang/overlap the header border or make it appear that way? Cheers

    submitted by /u/Mr_Crick84
    [link] [comments]

    Can anybody help me with creating many to one relationship in hibernate using postgres

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    I am developing a project in spring boot using intellij which uses 3 tables i want to execute a query using crud repository to extract collective data from both tables

    submitted by /u/boi_normie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment