• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 3, 2019

    I made a quick guide on how important choosing colors are!

    I made a quick guide on how important choosing colors are!


    I made a quick guide on how important choosing colors are!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    Hey, i could use some help. How do i make enemies paths straight? In what manner do i change VelocityX and VelocityY to make the path to the target one straight line, instead of this split line. thanks in advance.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 03:15 AM PDT

    Six platformer characters to use in your game (CC0, each character has 45 poses)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    Hey all, Kenney here! I'm back with some 2D sprites you can use in your game (personal, commercial, etc.) for free. This package includes 6 different characters each in 45 poses. Additionally includes separate limbs, vector source file(s) and easy to use spritesheets.

    Let me know if you've got any questions or requests for additional characters!

    License: CC0 (public domain), completely free to use in personal, educational and commercial projects (no permission/credit required). Download includes license file.




    If you can, consider getting one of my bundles or supporting on Patreon, those are greatly appreciated and ensure that there will be plenty of more assets in the future (almost 7 years and counting!)

    submitted by /u/KenNL
    [link] [comments]

    Ignorant question: how do you guys minimize the amount of bugs during development?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I'm working with three developers, great knowledgeable guys. I test the game on a regular basis and normally I get a few bugs and then they fix them and we keep going forward. The last time I tested was two weeks ago, but now while testing we have an unbelievable amount of bugs. Of course, we're tracking them and they're going to work on them, but i was surprised at the amount. Are there certain practices you guys go through while developing to minimize the number of bugs that come up? I'm not sure if im phrasing my question correctly, but again im just the marketing guy.

    submitted by /u/kingofthehill93
    [link] [comments]

    3D Build Selection UI Godot 3.1 Tutorial

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 11:42 PM PDT

    What is Game designing ?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Hi I am 14 and I am thinking about my future I wanna be in the gaming/movie industry

    can anyone pls explain to me what is game designing?

    I am good at drawing and imagining new stuff

    And can someone list out all the different varieties of jobs in the gaming industry and what they do?

    submitted by /u/AWK2545
    [link] [comments]

    FREE Sci Fi Soundtrack ready to be used in your game/project

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    Hi folks. Working on Sci fi/ Space game/projects and looking for free tracks?

    Cut the story short, FREE Sci Fi tracks released on unity store - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/ambient/sci-fi/scifi-music-pack-100906

    Enjoy.

    submitted by /u/adambielecki
    [link] [comments]

    Are the game made with godot open source as well?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    I'm planning on switching from GMS2 to Godot as it's UI, support and node based features seem too promising.

    I just have one silly concern: Are the games made with godot open source by default? Call me a hypocrite but as much as I enjoy open source environments, I prefer not publishing open source games.

    I know it may seem like a silly question, I know it is. But, the answer is exactly what lies between me and godot at the moment. Lol

    submitted by /u/thefallenangel4321
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know an engine that supports 2.5d graphics like doom,wolfenstein,and dagger fall and can be used for an rpg and is preferably free

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    I managed to get EGM to publish an article about the GMTK Game Jam. I'd love to give more exposure to the indie games community if possible.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    I know EGM isn't as big of a force as it used to be, but I'd been reading them since I was a kid and I'm excited that they wanted to publish what I'd written about the jam -- even if they didn't actually publish it until two months after it ended.

    They've said they're interested in me writing more stories for them, and I'd love the chance to share more about what's going on in the indie games community.

    I will of course be keeping an eye out on Reddit, twitter, and the regular slew of press releases that I get emailed in order to find good stories, but if anybody knows of something that might be worth a long-form feature article that might work for them, let me know!

    submitted by /u/SirSoliloquy
    [link] [comments]

    Level Of Detail Planets in Unity - Quadtrees and basics

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    3D Game Tutorial in C++ from scratch - Part 13: Creating Input System - Mouse - SourceCode on GitHub

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Trim Textures - What are they and how to make them - Polygon Academy

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Struggling to come up with marketing strategies? Here's 5 indie examples to learn from!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    Ahoy everybody, Skiz here from Enjin, our newest gamedev blog just dropped (like the hottest mixtape of '19). Another one focused on the marketing aspect of the game creation process. Marketing is quite a very broad concept, and often seen as not much more than a trailer, so it can be tricky to think about what to do, or what angle to take.

    Here's some examples, strategies, principles, and perspectives for you to think of your marketing from. Just be sure not to take the bonus strategy all too seriously though please ;)

    https://blog.enjin.io/5-examples-of-successful-indie-game-marketing-campaigns/

    submitted by /u/Skiznilly
    [link] [comments]

    Guides on Efficient Pixel Physics?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    Ever since messing around with the game Cortex Command, I've always enjoyed games where the pixels of the game world have physics. And with Noita in early access, I've been curious about it again. Are there any guides or resources out there for how these games efficiently manage all those pixel interactions?

    For the past few days, I've been messing around with pygame to prototype ideas in python. I took a single 512x512 image and had it bounce around the screen. Easy. Then I broke the image up into its individual pixels (filtering out the transparent ones) and had those bounce around the screen. The same path of 3 seconds of bouncing of the single image took around 8 minutes for the pixels (about 182ms per frame).

    Not surprising, as this was 141,767 pixels being moved and drawn in software. Part of it was in python, while pygame's backend for drawing was in C/C++. But it makes me wonder, what tricks do games like Cortex Command and Noita do to have TONS of individual pixels moving on screen and still maintain a stable FPS? For just 30fps, there's only about 33.3ms per frame to budget.

    Obviously, not EVERYTHING in these games are individual pixel objects like my image was. When you have stuff adjacent and not moving, they can clump together into a one object. But still, these games handle tons of pixels still with little drop in FPS.

    submitted by /u/kyred
    [link] [comments]

    I suck at texturing because I don't know what the workflow is

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    I want to make textures in the style of PS2 games, with minimal normal maps etc. So that means I have to draw them. But I have never made an organised set of textures before, how can you maintain colour consistency etc? What brushes do you use if its digital, how do people just 'add detail'?
    I think nowadays people usually construct a procedural generated material and have normal maps, effects, particles and parallax maps etc for detail, but what kind of detail do you do for something like a grass texture? Games like jak and daxter do it well but how do you create a texture like that? I've wondered this for ages and googling things doesn't help at all. I don't wanna just make loads of images with types of noise on and call it texturing, and even if I did I can't exactly have seamlessly tiling noise.

    submitted by /u/Diffuse100
    [link] [comments]

    Blender Speed Modeling: Jailhouse!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Finishing a Game - classic post by Derek Yu

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    Clockwork Games and Time Loops | Game Maker's Toolkit

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    Need advice on talking with a client about game design

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    I've been writing up detailed mechanics to address the issues the project has, which are from design that was in place before I joined. The issue is that the client is either being controlling or attempting to keep pressure on me while gathering my ideas, as every feature, no matter how varied it is, they will just say they already thought of it and asks for a fresh feature. To address this, I simply stated that I need their current and previous views/plans to avoid treading over the same waters they've been through, but they insist I come up with ideas as that is what I was hired for.

    I'm concerned that they may be exploiting me or trying to find fault in my work to break the contract early, but I'm not very sure of how to approach this delicately, please help

    submitted by /u/SpecialCuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Math for Game Programmers: The Math of Deep Learning

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    UMI, action multiplayer game fighting in inflatables over the sea.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    How to find a writer?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a weiter(probaly paid, because of quality needed) How do you find a good one, with similar interests and Style. And where?

    submitted by /u/Halfdan_88
    [link] [comments]

    How would you realize 2D character animations with interchangeable equipment?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment