• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 25, 2019

    Noita pixel simulation. Any tip about how is it done?

    Noita pixel simulation. Any tip about how is it done?


    Noita pixel simulation. Any tip about how is it done?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm playing Noita and I think it is awesome how they simulate every pixel on screen. Any tip about how they have managed to accomplish this?

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/881100/Noita/

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/wacomlover
    [link] [comments]

    I have a few questions on Game Dev as a career?​

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 05:35 AM PDT

    Am 21 now started to develop games when I was 19. Making my first commercial now (a hyper casual game accepted by a publisher , retention testing rite now). Here is the thing I live in India the gaming industry is completely situated in mobile game dev and there are not a lot of super hits/new innovation happening here, most of them are making mobile games.

    To my understanding I know we don't require a degree / masters in game development but I want to get into pc game development work in team and make AAA / small team made games and I want to get into it for full time. Currently am in my final year of engineering and I have offer letters from average/above average software companies in India, decent salary from my point of view.

    Now my question to you people is should I get a maters in game dev from UK/Canada (USA is too expensive) or what are my options and I want to know the reality of the industry and any information about the above topic will be helpful.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Lochan7000
    [link] [comments]

    Running GameMaker in Linux is now possible

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    I just found this. People may care, people may not. For me GameMaker was one of the few programs keeping me tied to Windows (I know I could change, but I already know this). However, I stumbled onto this thread over at YoYoGames and it is possible to get it working with WINE now. Been doing it for the last couple days without major issues. Thought it might be worth sharing to anyone who uses it and was curious about switching to Linux in the future.

    submitted by /u/Spectre216
    [link] [comments]

    Can I put vehicles and Gun in my game with out getting into legal trouble by real world company's?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Obviously I'm not putting in there name or using there brand.

    I'm in the process of making a game. That's reason I'm asking this question.

    submitted by /u/imanfakhargomi
    [link] [comments]

    My procedural generation for terrain is very inconsistent - how do I make it better?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    I'm creating a tile-based strategy game, and I'm having problems with keeping terrain generation consistent.

    The project is in C#, and I'm using LibNoise to create the noise. I use multiple types of modules throughout multiple maps for separate map features. In other words, I generate separate for the land type (water or land), height type (flat/hill/mountain), etc.

    Take the land generation for example:

    "Noise": Simplex, "Land": 1, "Module": "HeterogeneousMultiFractal", "OctaveCount": 2, "Frequency": .5, "Gain": 0.5, "Lacunarity": 4 

    If the value on the point is greater than Land it will be a land; if not, it is water. I've tried many different values and modules, but the results are always inconsistent; one map will look great, and the next will have all or no water.

    These settings create acceptable maps, but it also creates maps with maybe three cells with water.

    Are there any 'modules' or tips to make things more consistent? Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Asusralis
    [link] [comments]

    Age Verification for testers

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    How do you deal with age verification for testers?

    Let's say you have a game that is not suited for all ages. E.g. with violence, or gore. If you want to give out some -steam- test keys via a discord server or other means, how do you go about doing this? Is there a service I can use?

    submitted by /u/AutoRotate180
    [link] [comments]

    Work on Unity to show capabilities or learn C++ engine?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    Hi,

    So I'm a 4th year CS student in the Nordics and I've recently gotten interested in game development. Throughout my studies I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety about my future and a huge amount of imposter syndrome, though I'm still not sure if I've dealt with that. I've recently started taking some Interactive storytelling and Game development courses and it feels like everything's clicked. Things like JS frameworks, Linux kernels, assembly and shit like that have never captured my interests instead they've only made me stressed about a future job.

    I've played games for the last 20 years but I've never thought about creating them. I'm halfway through "Fundamentals of game design" and I own "Spelunky" and "The art of game design", and I'm having a lot of fun. Never had this much fun learning, especially Unity. But I'm aware that getting a job as a game designer isn't a very realistic option, at least in Europe, so I'm trying to focus more on the programming side of things. A lot of jobs at companies I'd ideally work at in the future are jobs that require C++. We've been taught Python, Java and C# with a focus on the last two and my C is terrible.

    Do you think it's possible to get interviews for C++ positions if all games you've done are in Unity? Basically is it a good idea to focus on creating a lot of good games in Unity so as to show what I'm capable of design-wise or would it be more beneficial to focus on learning C++ with CryEngine/Lumberyard/Unreal engine?

    submitted by /u/RelativeRoad
    [link] [comments]

    How do you approach market research for your projects?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 01:33 AM PDT

    Which tools you use to do market research ?

    submitted by /u/AndreaValtriani
    [link] [comments]

    How to debug my app from Play Store, if I have source code?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    My app crashes after the splash screen, when downloaded from Play Store.

    It works, when side loading.

    I know I can debug an app by adb, if I side load it, but I don't know if it works for Play Store app.

    I have an idea to mark the app as Build App Bundle (Google Play) and Development Build both in one.

    Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/ZiyaJafarov
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Steam indie scene this dead or does my game just suck

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 01:10 AM PDT

    Hi all, i released my game yesterday which i think is of standard quality and in the first day its sold 2 copies. Do Steam stats take a while to come in properly or is this the truth? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/YZeeGames
    [link] [comments]

    I'm finally able to create scenes w/ my modeling and texturing skills!

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    Question about Developing Game using Revit model

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    Hi all. To start: I have absolutely zero knowledge of game development.

    I have a Revit model a of a hospital that my company is currently physically building. How hard is it to create a simple zombie killing game using the hospital's Revit model as the environment? Wanna use it for marketing and not commercial purposes (Not selling the game). What steps, resources, professional talent is required?

    submitted by /u/bl4ckH4wk38
    [link] [comments]

    Can I setup custom analytics on a Steam game page ?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    Hi !

    My friend will soon publish a game on Steam, and I'd like to help him sell and market it.

    I'd like to know what's possible on Steam, but I can't figure that on my own since the game is not on Steam yet.

    I know we can use Google Analytics on a game page. They say we can edit the game page and enter our "Google Analytics code". But is that just the Analytics ID ? Or is it a form where we paste the Analytics <script> tag ?

    Ideally, I'd love to enter my own Javascript on the page, so that I trigger Zapier events via webhooks. Is that possible ?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/aussimandias
    [link] [comments]

    WIP Wednesday #127

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 05:04 AM PDT

    What is WIP Wednesday?

    Share your work-in-progress (WIP) prototype, feature, art, model or work-in-progress game here and get early feedback from, and give early feedback to, other game developers.

    RULES

    • Do promote good feedback and interesting posts, and upvote those who posted it! Also, don't forget to thank the people who took some of their time to write some feedback or encouraging words for you, even if you don't agree with what they said.
    • Do state what kind of feedback you want. We realise this may be hard, but please be as specific as possible so we can help each other best.
    • Do leave feedback to at least 2 other posts. It should be common courtesy, but just for the record: If you post your work and want feedback, give feedback to other people as well.
    • Do NOT post your completed work. This is for work-in-progress only, we want to support each other in early phases (It doesn't have to be pretty!).
    • Do NOT try to promote your game to game devs here, we are not your audience. You may include links to your game's website, social media or devblog for those who are interested, but don't push it; this is not for marketing purposes.

    Remember to use #WIPWednesday on social media for additional feedback and exposure!

    Note: Using url shorteners is discouraged as it may get you caught by Reddit's spam filter.

    All Previous WIP Wednesdays

    submitted by /u/SHlNOBU
    [link] [comments]

    A non-exhaustive list of game-making resources (courses, assets, books, etc.)

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    Our game with scandal ...

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    In a few weeks our new interesting game about LGBT community will be released. Now you can play the demo game by downloading it from the link .The first week you will find a 40 percent discount. Now you can add it to your wish list and wait for a letter about the release of the game https://store.steampowered.com/app/1159950/Hi_Gay/

    https://i.redd.it/84kxeie4dso31.jpg

    submitted by /u/langoniertwo
    [link] [comments]

    Humble Unity Bundle - Worthwhile?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2019 02:24 PM PDT

    Humble bundle just posted a new Unity bundle - https://www.humblebundle.com/software/unity-2019-bundle

    Does anyone have experience with any of these tools/resources? Is this worth picking up?

    submitted by /u/DarthFisticuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Another marketing question: how to figure out who to contact (youtubers, streamers, etc.)?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Say you've got.. oh, I don't know, a free puzzle game that's in EA but set to release soon. What are some good ways to actually find relevant youtubers, curators, sites, people, twitter users, etc.? There's got to be something other than searching for, say, "gamer youtube" or "puzzle gamer youtube" or "puzzle games" on Twitter or the authors behind some "Top 10 Free Puzzle Games" articles, no?

    I don't mean in terms of benchmarking quality, I mean in terms of finding those people at all in the first place.

    submitted by /u/umcle_hisses
    [link] [comments]

    Basics of function overloading in C# [6:51]

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    HDR not needed with HDR?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    I'm guessing with HDR (video standard), post-processing HDR in-game isn't needed right? As the dynamic range is so high already that the eye does its adjusting rather than needing the games image to adjust?

    submitted by /u/MetalingusMike
    [link] [comments]

    2d animation and action timing?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    I'm wanting to do a metroidvania style game, but before I get much into the actual building of the game, I want to learn good practices and workflows. One thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is the animations. They don't seem to time correctly with my actions. For example, if I hit the dash button, it seems to take a fraction of a second before the animation starts, even though he's moving already, then when he stops, he's still in the dash stance for a fraction of a second before return to idle. I've made sure Has Exit Time is not ticked and I've played around with the transition duration, but nothing I seem to do with those entirely fixes the problem. I'm using some free sprites and animations from the asset store, and I've done some adjusting to them as far as how many frames till they display the next sprite. Is this just something that has to be fine tuned until you match the animation timing to your actions, or am I overthinking this or missing something? If anyone has any good resources that explain in depth how to make a very solid feeling player character like in Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Blasphemous, etc, I'd love to know as I'm having a difficult time finding info on how to move past just the basic movements.

    submitted by /u/ethancodes1989
    [link] [comments]

    Unity: Is it possible to reduce transparency by vertex alpha without changing material?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    I have a Mesh Renderer.

    Mesh Renderer has a non transparent material.

    I want to reduce transparency of Mesh Renderer without modifying the material.

    Basically I want to modify alpha value of Mesh Renderer no matter what material is applied, but I am worried if material will still be visible without changes.

    submitted by /u/ZiyaJafarov
    [link] [comments]

    Studio Ghibli-esque/adventure music which I composed.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment