• Breaking News

    Friday, August 30, 2019

    Just released a tool that makes tilesets for you (Download in comments)

    Just released a tool that makes tilesets for you (Download in comments)


    Just released a tool that makes tilesets for you (Download in comments)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    FREE Stylized Beer Icons! :)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 12:39 AM PDT

    Set of 10 hand drawn fantasy beer icons.
    Each icon is 512x512 pixel size (PNG).

    You can download them here:

    Unity Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/gui/icons/fantasy-medieval-beer-icons-147955

    Our website: https://pulsarxstudio.com/fantasy-medieval-beer-icons/

    https://i.redd.it/x793gq09hjj31.jpg

    submitted by /u/jovanadamcevska
    [link] [comments]

    Blender 2 8 New Night Sky Eevee Renderer Complete Guide Node Based made easy

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    Just found this guys tutorials... They are super fun! Lazy tutorials

    Posted: 29 Aug 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    What free program to make 2D videogames do you recommend?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, first post and that is why I have a question about what program for creating 2D video games for free would you recommend?

    with some programming language without being drag n drop and export even to windows

    I tried a 30-day free trial game maker studio 2 and I want to buy it in the future but before I want to even have a simple game made free
    and what I want to start with is a plataformer game to search for treasures to order or something like that with a free camera, in case this helps
    I don't think unity is my best option ):

    submitted by /u/Poketto7
    [link] [comments]

    3D game devs, Do you erase the nipples on your base model textures before you release your games?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    Like they have clothing of course but do you go so far as to like put underwear textures over them or barbie-doll them into smoothness or just leave it or...?

    If a bug was to show a nipple, would that hurt my ESRB rating?

    submitted by /u/danokablamo
    [link] [comments]

    Blender 2.8 Retopology with Polybuild Tool

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    'Why you may be underpricing your video game' Article by Simon Carless

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Indie dev storyboarding question...

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Hi, new around here. I just had a question about indie games and storyboarding. Is this something that happens much? Or is there just not that much budget/need at this scale. Reason I ask, is I've been a storyboard artist in the live-action/animation industry a while, but would like to try and focus more on games, and just wondered whether its would be worth finder smaller companies to work with, or if its only the 'big guys' who need this skill.

    Cheers all!

    submitted by /u/beth_weg
    [link] [comments]

    Horse Riding Physics

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I want to add a horse to my game and I was wondering if anyone has any good resources on adding physics to horse riding?

    Currently I just added a character controller and it has worked well, except for the fact that the size of the capsule is too big and when trying to pass narrow passages I get stuck, or if I hit a wall the horse will slide instead of just standing still (to make it more realistic I would have to turn the horse to go towards a free space).

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/skyisfire
    [link] [comments]

    Can a game that requires a dual joystick bluetooth controller be released for AndroidTV / iOSTV?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    Hey friends,

    I have a question about building a mobile game that is compatible with AndroidTV and iOSTV. I built a game that has full controller support, but it requires a traditional controller (dual joysticks), as it is a shooter. My understanding is that it would be compatible with AndroidTV and iOSTV if the user specifically has a bluetooth controller. The game would not function with the standard AndroidTV / iOSTV remote however.

    Is there a way to build and market a game that has controller support, but clearly convey to the customer that the typical remote control that ships with those units isn't supported (sort of like VR games where controller is required)? Does anyone have experience doing this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eboxrocks
    [link] [comments]

    Update game behavior without deploying with Firebase Remote Config

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Creating a simple multiplayer game, currently working on mitigating latency, does this sound right?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm essentially making this game multiplayer: http://jsfiddle.net/PxpVr/16/embedded/result/

    You can check it out at apollius.com

    To mitigate latency, I'm sending out the game state every time a player turns. Should I be updating the state periodically instead? I've gotten a lot of advice that is all over the place. Please help -- thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Mjjjokes
    [link] [comments]

    Devlog about a Survival game on floating islands!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Where to start?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Hi, so to start, I don't know any programming, but I've been interested in learning how to make a game, I used unreal engine a little bit just to see how it works, got lots of assets from the store for free, what I'm mostly interested in making is a VR game. Maybe I should start with a 2D game?

    So what should I start learning, and where do I continue?

    submitted by /u/Clit0ria
    [link] [comments]

    How to do Simple vector art?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    Ok I'm making game 2D game using godot game engine and I want to use simple vector art I want to use triangles squares and something like that and most people say inkscape is good with this type of art but I don't find a tutorial for what I want to do!

    submitted by /u/realallihyani
    [link] [comments]

    Making a game based on + utilizing a musical album?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    1st, I'd like to say I'm not asking for legal advice, and I'm fully aware I'll probably get a cease and desist no matter what steps I take.

    I'd like to try making a game based on an album, in the same way fans sometimes make animations for music they like. The game wouldn't be commercial, and would only be playable in a browser. I'm planning to try some method of encrypting the music, in addition to slicing up the tracks into smaller chunks.

    Does anyone have any advice on additional steps I could try in order to make accessing the game music files fairly difficult? I'd be using the Godot engine, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/ExpensivePickle
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question based on the legality of “copying” others work.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    I'm making an open source game where players can use resourcepacks (like Minecraft). If I want to create my own open source tools (even though there are others that are paid on the market) to make it easier for players to make their own tile sets and ship it with my game, would I be in any legal trouble?

    Thanks, Kyle

    submitted by /u/kyle-james21
    [link] [comments]

    Why you may be underpricing your video game

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    When is the right time to show off your game?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    My friends and I are working on a game together. After 4 months of VERY part time work, our 2D RTS-lite (best way to describe it I guess) game is starting to come together, at least programmatically. We have no artist currently, so we have just been using squares as placeholders until we find someone. This puts the game in an interesting position when it comes to showing it off. Would it be better to wait for an artist to start showing it off, or maybe do short videos of the game in it's current state just so people can see how the game works? Also, how worried do you have to be of someone stealing your game idea?

    TL;DR Our game is starting to feel like a game, but has no art yet, just squares. Is it worth showing yet or wait for art? What are the odds of showing to early and having someone steal the idea?

    This is my first time posting on this subreddit, and wont be the last, I have lots of questions :) Thank you in advance and stay motivated!

    submitted by /u/richardsureman
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback Friday #355 - Fine-Tuned Gameplay

    Posted: 29 Aug 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    FEEDBACK FRIDAY #355

    Well it's Friday here so lets play each others games, be nice and constructive and have fun! keep up with devs on twitter and get involved!

    Post your games/demos/builds and give each other feedback!

    Feedback Friday Rules:

    Suggestion: As a generally courtesy, you should try to check out a person's game if they have left feedback on your game. If you are leaving feedback on another person's game, it may be helpful to leave a link to your post (if you have posted your game for feedback) at the end of your comment so they can easily find your game.

    -Post a link to a playable version of your game or demo

    -Do NOT link to screenshots or videos! The emphasis of FF is on testing and feedback, not on graphics! Screenshot Saturday is the better choice for your awesome screenshots and videos!

    -Promote good feedback! Try to avoid posting one line responses like "I liked it!" because that is NOT feedback!

    -Upvote those who provide good feedback!

    -Comments using URL shorteners may get auto-removed by reddit, so we recommend not using them.

    Previous Weeks: All

    Testing services: Roast My Game (Web and Computer Games, feedback from developers and players)

    iBetaTest (iOS)

    Promotional services: Alpha Beta Gamer (All platforms)

    submitted by /u/Sexual_Lettuce
    [link] [comments]

    How does a game like Skyrim handle questing? How does a non-quest oriented game do it?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    I have been trying to figure out how to make a light quest system for a game in Unity, and I thought about using asset store stuff but figure I will learn more by doing it myself. Anyway, I was wondering how games tend to structure their quest systems.

    submitted by /u/Ttaywsenrak
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop choice

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Does anyone use a laptop for coding on? I'm using an old Dell Optiplex desktop at the moment, and I'm thinking of replacing it with a laptop instead. If i get the right one i can use it on my desk hooked up to my monitors, wireless mouse and keyboard, and also in the garden etc.

    I'm just not quite sure what to get. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/biffbaff64
    [link] [comments]

    Twinmotion 2019 First steps tutorial amazing real-time rendering

    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment