• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 23, 2019

    [WIP] I made an Uno browser game with HTML, CSS, and Javascript. web developers

    [WIP] I made an Uno browser game with HTML, CSS, and Javascript. web developers


    [WIP] I made an Uno browser game with HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    [WIP] i made a URL shortener without any trackers, not even your IP is saved!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Roast my portfolio.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    ReidHansell.com

    Constructive criticism appreciated but not required.

    submitted by /u/reidski182
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Chrome Extension to view Saved Posts from Reddit

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Page Building using Micro-frontends

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Any good guide about a complete web project

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    I would like to know if there is any guide that contains the whole process of developing a webpage.

    From the idea, the UI design, doing the documentation, development and deployment.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/diogofalken
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to come up with front-end project ideas

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    I want to stand out and so building a calculator or a to-do app for my portfolio isn't really an option (plus it's super boring). Could someone point me in the direction of a website/github repo with some cool ideas that I could build upon? I am not trying to build the next big thing, just something that not every bootcamper/college grad out there has. I would love to do something sports-related. Also if anyone got any ideas themselves, I would love to hear them :) Thanks!

    submitted by /u/future_web_dev
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Making a Wordpress.org site editable by other people easily?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    All my files are locally hosted on my laptop. I barely know about web dev or Wordpress to be quite honest, but I won a competition with a little site I made and the educational program I'm in requested that it just be made easier for other people to edit it. I could give them all the files right? But would that preserve the layout and colors? I'm not sure.

    I'm a little lost and would appreciate help: I have never done server side things so I'm confused by everything a little.

    submitted by /u/platinumdolphins
    [link] [comments]

    How have you created income with web dev( not freelancing )?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    I'm currently a student and I work a full time job but I want to find ways to make money online without doing freelance work( because I have limited time to work with people ) . I also need money for school in general so my funds would fund my education. Does anyone truly make "passive" income online? How did you do it? (General information only. No super secret methods and no MLMs) Thanks to all that respond!

    submitted by /u/splattered_ram
    [link] [comments]

    JQuery or not ?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    I'm currently learning web development and I'm loving it so far . I know so much about the web that I didn't know beforehand . So on my journey I'm currently stuck between learning JQuery or skipping it to learn a library like React ? Should I skip JQuery or should I learn it and then learn React ? I'm not sure if companies still use JQuery or not

    submitted by /u/Re7oadz
    [link] [comments]

    Why did you decide to work in webdev?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:01 PM PDT

    What brought you to webdev? Is it a passion, something you're good at?

    submitted by /u/agent_wolfe
    [link] [comments]

    Why does no Angular Static Site Generator exist?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    I want features like prefetching, lazyloading, etc for my website, but i detest reacts way of dealing with views(html)

    submitted by /u/Comyu
    [link] [comments]

    Starting into web development again, what should I tackle first

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I took a job last year that for the most part only had me use basic HTML and CSS. I was simply grateful to have a job at such a large and respect company. Since then my contract ended in that position and I was made a full-time employee doing a task that doesn't even touch code. The pay went up so I was fine with it but I'm starting to desire to get back into what I love, web development. I don't plan on leaving my company, just maybe transition into a job more suited for my skills or if it came to it, accept an offer with more pay in my career choice.

    So what that being said I pretty much fell off with my programming. What are the recommended skills for being a front-end developer now? I know the basics of HTML and CSS, Javascript and JQuery. As well as some web design. What else can I add to this to get a well paying web developer job?

    submitted by /u/Normini
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to develop website functions after the Mac's Finer -- Help!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    Hi! My name is Maxwell and I'm a 19-year-old artist. In the process of making my website, I thought that It would be interesting creating a small minigame to find files of my work on my website. This is how I became intrigued by the Finder window design. I am wondering if it's possible (rhetorically) and who can do it (non-rhetorically). I want the window to act as if you could click through it while still displaying the desktop behind you. I've prepared a demonstration, linked below:

    https://gyazo.com/c0860f168f995de1ace20b43835f70a2

    I'm a little lost as someone who has never touched web design/development, except for once with Visual Basic! Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/bbqsauce666
    [link] [comments]

    Questions AWS S3 & Lambda

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    I'm looking into using AWS S3 and Lambda to host some web sites. I was hoping someone here has some experience with this and could answer any of these questions:

    1. How do you handle security with this setup? Since it's serverless, I'm guessing you can't configure cipher suites and encryption protocols, etc? If you scan such a website with Mozilla Observatory, what kind of result do you get?
    2. I want the web app to connect to a SQL Server database that we have in house. But I want to limit access to this database to a whitelist of IP addresses. Is this possible from S3 / Lambda? Since it's serverless, I'm guessing there isn't going to be a static IP?
    3. From what I've read it seems like PHP isn't supported out of the box but I have seen a page on getting PHP set up. Can anyone who has experience with this comment on how easy/difficult it was to set up PHP and use it in general?

    Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/galahadredgrave
    [link] [comments]

    Web Development Professional Organizations/Conferences

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    I come from a background as an educator where there are all kinds of conferences and professional organizations for the various ages and subject matters.

    Are any of you members of a professional organization?

    How do you learn about relevant conferences?

    submitted by /u/theblumkin
    [link] [comments]

    Page in development on live server/live site and seo impact.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    I am currently working on a couple of pages for my website. I have looked online and I can't seem to find a straight answer.

    To cut a long story short when I'm working on new pages that don't have great content yet is it better to simply leave them unlinked (which is what they are now), Noindex or Disallow in Robots.txt or a simple meta tag. Or! Leave it as it is.

    I don't intend on leaving it like this forever and I don't want to affect the future ranking of them pages. Which leads the next question, will using any of the above affect future ranking once the directives are removed? What I don't want is them crawled and classified as thin content.

    submitted by /u/qwertyrhys
    [link] [comments]

    How does SoundCloud make their music player work across site navigation?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    One of the basic rules of browsers is that media stops working as soon as you leave a webpage.

    But somehow, SoundCloud breaks from this rule. If you move to another page on their site by following a link, the audio play remains on the bottom of the browser and the music keeps playing. The URL shows you've really navigated to another page, it's not the typical single page application trick of just changing the part after the "#".

    Can someone clue me on how this basically works?

    submitted by /u/bart2019
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have an experience using LuxSci

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    I'm working on a form, and just need to create the template that would be emailed when the form is completed.

    Is the only way to do this manually changing the input tags to {{ and }}? Doesn't seem like search and replace would work, becuase it replaced a lot of things that didn't need replaced.

    submitted by /u/SC2__IS__SHIT
    [link] [comments]

    Gradient CSS - Create CSS Gradients & Explore Hex Colors

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    Is there a difference between...?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    Just a quick questions.

    Is there difference between:

    <ul>

    <li>Item 1 <ul> <li>Sub-item 1</li> </ul> </li> 

    </ul>

    and

    <ul>

    <li>Item 1</li> <ul> <li>Sub-item 1</li> </ul> 

    I've just started to learn about HTML and during one of the project assignment was told to create a certain html page. I originally wrote my code as the second option, but when reviewing the answers video, the instructor wrote it as the first option. However, I still ended up getting the same result. Is there a functional difference, or is it just for code readability?

    submitted by /u/Hav0c000006A
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on building a front end portfolio?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Sorry if this has been posted before and if it has you can direct me to the answer and I'll delete this. Basically I'm looking into building a portfolio with real live sites, real world projects that I can show to employers. I can build random sites and apps but most employers want professional or real working web sites.

    Any where in particular I can go to work on real projects or should I try to find freelance work and use that in my resume?

    submitted by /u/SpaceHallow
    [link] [comments]

    Existing Table Rows Being Overwritten (RDS, MySQL)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    We are experiencing a strange issue where our existing table rows (RDS MySQL) are being overwritten. Running a serverless SPA (Vuetify). When a user POSTs data, it overwrites an existing table row, rather than creating a new row.

    The weird thing is it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it will function correctly, other times it overwrites existing data - seemingly at random. We cannot link anything in the logs to these events, nor connect it to a specific error. We've audited the source code and can't find any issues that might be causing it.

    There are two DATETIME fields that give incorrect timestamps when this error occurs. Sometimes they are 2-3 days in the past, other times the timestamp comes in blank 0000-00-00 00:00:00. Its possible this is unrelated, but something to note.

    Around the time this started, we had a dev working on our front end staging env. who mistakenly connected the staging front end to the live production api (where we are experiencing an issue). Possibly has no impact, but something to note, as the errors started around this time.

    We are having a very hard time getting to the root of this, but it is a critical issue. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it possible something broke that we could fix by simply re-deploying the back end?

    CREATE TABLE media
    ( id
    int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, content_id
    int(11) DEFAULT NULL, type
    enum('image','video','pdf','link') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, title
    varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, url
    varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, created_at
    datetime NOT NULL, updated_at
    datetime NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id
    ) ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=132 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

    submitted by /u/XtianS
    [link] [comments]

    I've made a MVC project creator, please let me know. (github shorten link)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment