• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 25, 2019

    The demand for qualified cybersecurity practitioners has quickly outpaced the supply, with three million unfilled cybersecurity posts worldwide. Computer Science

    The demand for qualified cybersecurity practitioners has quickly outpaced the supply, with three million unfilled cybersecurity posts worldwide. Computer Science


    The demand for qualified cybersecurity practitioners has quickly outpaced the supply, with three million unfilled cybersecurity posts worldwide.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Continuing CS education with setbacks?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    I'm 22 and thinking about continue my CS education, but there are some setbacks that discourage me:

    1. I dropped out two years ago with a 1.9 GPA due to financial struggles (and likely depression).
    2. I work full-time and am living with my mom who expects me to move out again within the next year.
    3. Finances are better, as I can afford transportation, food, clothes, etc., but it's still tight.
    4. The nearest college with CS and math courses (though very few) is 40 miles away and I don't have a car.

    As much as I want to continue my CS education, I feel like I'm still not ready mostly due to the finances and how much I struggled when I first started.

    But I cannot be at my current job forever, and I'm pretty sure my poor education background is keeping me from advancing even a little bit.

    What can I do with all of this in mind? Is there any legit online resource that offers a CS degree, or at least courses with transferable college credit?

    I'm not sure how to proceed from where I am. All I know is I'm at a standstill and I'm tired of being inadequate. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/techorrekt
    [link] [comments]

    CMU & Google XLNet Tops BERT; Achieves SOTA Results on 18 NLP Tasks - Medium

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    Poly-time Algorithm for Sudoku Latin Squares turns out to be O(n^2) time instead of O(n^3), so my question is... Is this a form of matrice multiplication???

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    I'm quoting a comment from another sub-reddit(when I asked for "review" into time-complexity of the algorithm)

    After you read the screenshot I'll share the link to the algorithm.

    You may need to zoom in!!

    https://github.com/tbw1995/Sudoku-Solver-Constrained

    Link below is working code. Instructions must be read. READMEs are instructions All Readmes

    https://repl.it/repls/TubbyPrestigiousFirm

    Is this a form of matrice multiplication???

    submitted by /u/Hope1995x
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too late for me to learn/go to school for computer science? Do I have to be a genius to do it?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    I just turned 23 and I've decided that maybe this is what I would like to do. I'm not sure in which area yet, but I'd like to give it a try. I've done a few readings here and there and tried to teach myself programming languages, but that's about it. I want to go to school for computer science, but I feel very intimidated by others who may have done it a lot longer than me and I won't be able to compete. I guess with this mentality I won't, but aagghh I don't know. Any advice? What do y'all think? Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/smackitysmacksmack
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Python Course – Master Python 3 from Scratch

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment