• Breaking News

    Friday, June 28, 2019

    Programming an iOS app without a Mac Ask Programming

    Programming an iOS app without a Mac Ask Programming


    Programming an iOS app without a Mac

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    I know you need Xcode and it only runs on a Mac, but has anyone here had experience just using a virtual machine with a Mac VHD? I've set one up before and I'm familiar with the process, but I'm curious if they will check the appleID you use with Xcode and to publish the app against purchased and legal copies of Mac OSX tied to that appleID and remove my app from the store/ press charges for using an illegal copy. Basically, will I get in trouble developing and publishing an app from an illegal copy of Mac OSX/ Xcode. I'm starting with the app on android anyway to see if the app is at all good and then I'll rewrite it in swift depending on how things go with android.

    submitted by /u/TheHopskotchChalupa
    [link] [comments]

    Need help re imaging raspberry pi sd card

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    I need help trying to re image a pi sd card with retro pi. Its my first time doing this and I couldn't find anything online that made sense. The pi was being used as an arcade emulator under retro pi. If anyone can help me that would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/t0rjss0046
    [link] [comments]

    inheritance

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    https://github.com/jsquared21/Intro-to-Java-Programming/blob/master/Exercise_11/Exercise_11_02/Person.java

    https://github.com/jsquared21/Intro-to-Java-Programming/blob/master/Exercise_11/Exercise_11_02/Student.java

    so I've been looking at this person's code to try to make sense of it. is that super() constructor needed for every subclass? Whats the point and what does it do? I can't really figure it out

    submitted by /u/Eternal-Isolation
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help to stop me from either having a heart attack or getting scammed

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    So i logged into an old ass email today, going thru random stuff.

    Decided to check junk and had 8 emails saying they got me wanking off and i need to send 800 dollars of bitcoin. The old ass password i used gave me a mini heart attack, but after thinking about it realized i dont use that pass anymore.

    So i'm quite sure this is scam. But with 1 day left till my pervness leaks i wana ask...

    This dude said i was inflected with a RAT while browsing the web where he apparently placed his iframe, in the background i got redirected to an exploitpack and since my browser wasnt patched i got infected... is this possible.

    Thanks, much love to u all. Maybe you'll see me nude soon ;)

    submitted by /u/frigazord
    [link] [comments]

    Only allow S3 downloads/getObject from my website

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I've been having a really tough time trying to figure this out and I just don't see why this has to be this difficult. I've followed [this article](https://medium.com/@Keithweaver_/only-allowing-access-to-your-s3-bucket-via-your-website-5ca5c8546152) but I believe it is outdated.

    Does anyone know how this is done?

    submitted by /u/FlandersFlannigan
    [link] [comments]

    Question about LeetCode Binary Search Problem - "Longest Prefix"

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I recently started doing LeetCode this summer to prepare for Interviews next year, and the way I go about it is I try to do the problem myself first and make a naive solution first, and if I can then I try to come up with something better. One of the things I see I struggle with is that I can usually find a solution but it tends to be with like nested loops and what not making the solution quite in-efficient. Do you guys/girls have any ideas about what kind of solution you can use to remedy the code when you tend to have nested loops, as far as I have looked up, just always whenever you can use a hashMap. Also I have only been approaching problems in Python and have started by just doing "Easy" problems, but eventually will get around to trying some more difficult ones when I feel more comfortable. Do you think there is anything wrong with my approach of just starting with easy, and primarily doing the problems in python? I have been saving all my solutions in a folder so later I can just access them easier in case I need them.

    Anyways my actual question here is about the Longest Prefix Problem:

    the optimal solution that I found was using a binary search, but one thing I didn't understand is how were starting the "low" value at 1 vs. 0 and I wan't to know about if it is a safe way to do this problem, because I changed it from 1 to 0 and it made my code significantly slower.

    Here is a sample input:

    ["flowers","flower","flow"]

    and this is the code:

    class Solution:

    def longestCommonPrefix(self, strs: List[str]) -> str:

    def isCommonPrefix(strs, length) -> bool:

    strl = strs[0][0:length]

    for i in range(1,len(strs)):

    if not (strs[i].startswith(strl)):

    return False

    return True

    if not strs: return ""

    minLen = len(min(strs,key=len))

    #Why does low start at 1????

    low,high = 1, minLen

    #Binary Search Below

    while(low<=high):

    mid = (low + high) // 2

    if(isCommonPrefix(strs,mid)):

    low = mid + 1

    else:

    high = mid -1

    return strs[0][0:high]

    submitted by /u/AirPadz
    [link] [comments]

    Write a regular expression that matches all lines that begin and end with the same character

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Im supposed to use \1 to match all the first capture group. I came up with ".(.*?)\1$" but its wrong (of course ._.). What's wrong with it?

    Typing it in visual studio code as a perl file, the syntax coloring even ends the string at the $ (even though there's a " to close it, the rest of the script is interpreted as a string after the $). Why is that? Did the $ somehow escape the quotation mark?

    submitted by /u/squirreljetpack
    [link] [comments]

    [SWIFT] -How do you use RSKImageCropper to produce a standard round image for all users?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    So I have an image picker but it doesn't force images to be cut in a circle so that they are uniform.

    @IBAction func press(_ sender: Any) { imagePicker = UIImagePickerController() imagePicker.delegate = self if UIImagePickerController.isSourceTypeAvailable(.camera){ imagePicker.sourceType = UIImagePickerControllerSourceType.photoLibrary imagePicker.cameraCaptureMode = .photo } else { imagePicker.sourceType = .photoLibrary } self.present(imagePicker, animated: true, completion: nil) self.imagePicker.allowsEditing = true } 

    ////then down further

    func cropViewController(_ cropViewController: TOCropViewController?, didCropToCircularImage image: UIImage?, with cropRect: CGRect, angle: Int) { // 'image' is the newly cropped, circular version of the original image } 

    UIImagePickerControllerDelegate Methods

    extension FeedVC : UIImagePickerControllerDelegate, UINavigationControllerDelegate { func imagePickerController(_ picker: UIImagePickerController, didFinishPickingMediaWithInfo info: [String : Any]) { let image = info[UIImagePickerControllerOriginalImage] as! UIImage self.takenImage = image self.UIImageView.image = self.takenImage self.dismiss(animated: true, completion: nil) if UIImageView.image == nil { } } func imagePickerControllerDidCancel(_ picker: UIImagePickerController) { self.dismiss(animated: true, completion: nil) } } 

    /// ViewControllerTableViewCell

    class ViewControllerTableViewCell: UITableViewCell { let profileImageView: UIImageView = { let imageView = UIImageView() return imageView } () @IBOutlet weak var immy: UIImageView! @IBOutlet weak var lblName: UILabel! @IBOutlet weak var lblgenre: UILabel! override func awakeFromNib() { super.awakeFromNib() // Initialization code } override func setSelected(_ selected: Bool, animated: Bool) { super.setSelected(selected, animated: animated) } } 

    At the end of it all, what I need is for the image picker to crop the images in a circle so that it is uniform.

    submitted by /u/bee4534
    [link] [comments]

    Which course is better to choose?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    I am a student in the college and I am about to choose from 2 courses I have been offered in my school. The first one is Python Programming and the second one is IOS Programming (using Swift). So long I have programmed on Java, so I am good familiar with it. Besides those courses I have chosen .NET and Angular. Which one of those two (Python and IOS) courses should I choose? What will be the best combination? What is more demanded in real life jobs?

    submitted by /u/The_h0ly_0ne
    [link] [comments]

    In what ways could a device (laptop or phone) detect where thick walls are?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    How do delivery drones (such as Amazon's) work, from a software perspective?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    The flying engine part, I get how it can work. But how does it work at the software level?

    1. How is the destination given? The shopper gives an address, but it could be a big appartment building.
    2. What information is used to decide the final destination? Something like "address to GPS coordinate" converter, or do they need something else?
    3. How do they plot a path? Is it just a free drone using a camera feed to go in a general direction while avoiding obstacles, or does Amazon study the buildings of every supported city then prepare paths like how airplanes have approach flight maps for every airport?
    4. How do they detect obstacles? Do they have a camera and do image recognition like in Tesla cars? Or something like lidar?

    I tried googling before asking here, all the results are fluff talking from a shopping perspective, none are technical explanations.

    submitted by /u/ohnoyoudidnt41
    [link] [comments]

    getting started with user logins?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 09:41 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am learning how to program (current CS student), and while I feel like I'm getting a lot of theory (which is expected), I'd like to get a little more "real world" programming experience before I go out into the workforce. Actually building things and working with languages that I might need in a job setting.

    I started with html/css, and at this point I feel like I can build a pretty good static website. I can also somewhat hook up a database and manipulate that pretty well. The next thing I'd like to do is to learn how to do simple user/login stuff, but I can't really find much on the "how" to go about doing this, and a lot of this is because I'm just not familiar enough to even know what to google to find this information.

    I'd ideally like to just start with some basic project that lets different users log in and have different information. I've been going through react tutorials and have done, like, the to-do list stuff, and even something like that where different users can have different lists would be amazing. But, I'm not really set on any particular language or project... I'd just like some ideas of how to even get started with allowing for different users. Like, before you know anything about react, you'd never know to google "react to-do list" in order to get the most basic tutorial, because how would you know that a to-do list is the quintessential beginner project? I just have no idea what the "multiple users login" beginner project is, and I'd like to learn how to get started on those types of projects if I can.

    I've worked with react and javascript, but if these aren't the languages that one should use to get started on this kind of thing, I'll happily look into another language.

    Thank you for any insights on getting started with this!

    submitted by /u/missyducktruck
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on how to implement a stack-like workflow in emacs?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    How to make sure that no person other than the buyer can use your sold software?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    I want to know what logic is used by programmers who sell their softwares online that their software is not used by people other than the buyers.

    Like one person who buys the software can send it to his friend. How to make sure that that friend cannot use that software.

    submitted by /u/pleasePMmeUrBigtits
    [link] [comments]

    Me and another programmer had a discussion about what "defines" a language, wanted to hear your opinions.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    Basically, I was talking to a friend of mine saying that someone told me that they know both c# and c++, but don't really say that they know both since they are "the same", I said that it make me realize that person doesn't understand those languages enough to know that there is a massive difference, one of the biggest things being memory management.

    That invoked a discussion, where he basically said that just programming language is simply its syntax, and that just because the compilers I know for c++ don't have memory management, doesn't mean that the language is not memory managed, he proceeded to explain that you can make a compiler for c# that has no memory management, and that c++ has some compilers with memory management such as Unreal Engine, etc. The discussion went on to similar things such as Object Oriented languages, me saying that the logic applies to that, since you can make a compiler that is not object oriented for something like java, etc, and vice versa. Basically it boiled down to him arguing that a language doesn't have "set rules", since you can have compilers to run through those rules, and you can have compilers to run through a different set of rules, while I argued that there are accepted rules for each language, such as C# being Object oriented, and the fact that you can add libraries/compile it differently doesn't make it so the language has no rules, similar to how you cant add salt to watermelon and say that some watermelons have salt in it.

    So, I was kinda bugged about it since, wondering who was right, if I am right thinking about languages that way, or if I should think about a language as simply a syntax, that has no rules, and my compiler is the one with the "rules", and wanted to hear your opinions.

    submitted by /u/dannyjayes1
    [link] [comments]

    How to fake lag website?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    How to fake "lag" website to make delay like using slow vpn/proxy?
    Network throttling won't work becosue it delay just website loading, it won't delay all website's objects, items, javascripts etc.

    submitted by /u/specuuuuu
    [link] [comments]

    Regular updating with angular 6

    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    What is the easiest and typical way to set a timer that updates data regularly with a call to backend? I've googled several different things but can't find anything that seems totally relevant.

    submitted by /u/NinRejper
    [link] [comments]

    What is the longest or most complicated type definition you've seen in the real world?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment