• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 23, 2019

    Added a basic enemy

    Added a basic enemy


    Added a basic enemy

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    "Super Cable Boy" now has mini game cartridges to collect and play!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    Had this funny idea to color my game UI depending on which biome the player is in

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    i think this guy needs more love, he makes really cool and chill devlogs on his game

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    Adding some juice in Refoil! In particular bloom, particles, cam shakes, time freezes...

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    Problem with collision detection - Kasper Fauerby algorithm

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Hey, as in topic, I need help with collision detection algorithm from this paper: http://www.peroxide.dk/papers/collision/collision.pdf

    I assume I am colliding with sphere of radius 1, just to make everything not important easier...I am concerned with formula, which finds intersection point with plane (page 14):

    planeIntersectionPoint = basePoint - planeNormal + t0 * velocity

    where:
    basePoint = center of Sphere

    planeNormal = normalized normal vector to colliding plane

    t0 = number from [0,1] interval, first moment from this interval during which collision happens, assuming we are moving with velocity vector

    velocity = velocity vector

    I think that this formula doesn't work... Assuming that I am already intersecting with plane at t0 = 0, I just get:

    planeIntersectionPoint = basePoint - planeNormal

    What gives me point which doesn't even belong to plane, what fails further parts of the algorithm, when I check if intersection point is in triangle...

    I will be grateful for every answer... Is the algorithm wrong, or that's me misunderstanding something?...I posted this here, because here I found recommendation of this algorithm, so maybe someone knows it and implemented it, so he will know what's going on...

    submitted by /u/Mentos1105
    [link] [comments]

    The eg programming language

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 05:03 AM PDT

    I would like to announce an initial release of the eg programming language.

    eg is a c++ extension language aimed at creative programming and gameplay prototyping.

    eg presents an easy way to start prototyping an effect, gameplay idea or interactive experiment without losing the power and efficiency of C++. eg currently comes with a cinder host and in the future will hopefully support all major game engines and creative frameworks.

    I am very interested to hear what you think of eg good or bad and hope you have time to try out the demo.

    eg is now in its incubation phase. I really believe a great language is within.

    The project currently only supports windows but it is planned to support all major platforms.

    documentation: https://eddeighton.github.io/eg/

    forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/egprogramming/

    source code: https://github.com/eddeighton/eg

    demo installer: https://github.com/eddeighton/eg/releases/tag/release_1_0

    submitted by /u/ed_209_
    [link] [comments]

    isometric 2D game (help)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    Hi 👋 guys I'm planning to make 2D isometric hack'n slash game and I want to know how collision, hitbox works

    submitted by /u/realallihyani
    [link] [comments]

    How to split game development among a team in Unity ?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    Me and My Friends have decided to start game development in Unity 2d. Inspired by games like Katana Zero and Hotline Miami. We have decided to make a game like that. But in our team of five , three of us have decided to study Udemy Tutorial and while other two are going to create the art for the game. So they are trying to study animation in unity.

    So my question is how will i efficiently split the work. we all want to work on the same game without conflict. would the artist be required to learn coding ? .Should they also study the udemy course ?.

    Should the art team create animations in unity itself or create it from an alternate software like spine or sprite pro ?.

    submitted by /u/TheRoofyDude
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing the contents of a sprite (.spr) file to extract as a png or bmp?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    The internet is like a black hole on this stuff. Where I have found some info the utilities just give errors when opening the sprite. I'm creating a mod and I've pulled the sprite I need from Fallout Tactics, I just need the image file(s) it holds. I've asked on multiple forums and haven't heard anything. Anyone here?

    submitted by /u/Gh0stwheeI
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with naming my game

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    I am developing a roguelike deckbuilding game like slay the spire. I was going to name it 'game of heroes' but I got some negative feedback. Same happened for 'Rogue Deck'. I got suggestions that I should think about a story, theme or any kind of flavor. There are two options I came across:

    • A wizard is captured player in its dream and player must clear the dungeon and defeat the wizard to return real life.
    • Your soul is captured into a stone, artifact or gem. You must try to find that artifact to get your soul back.

    I think both are viable for roguelike games where you die and start again. (In both option you can try infinite times)

    Here are names I think I will use in order.

    1. Soulstone (Easy to remember, spell and pronounciate. It's used in marvel universe and wow/diablo lore. It's not easy to be top on google but still the best option imo.)
    2. Dungeon of Lost Souls (Easy to be top on google but not short)
    3. Dream dungeon (Good name for the first story but there is a game called Dungeon Dreams)
    4. Soulbound (Alternative if first 3 names not selected)
    5. Soul Shifter (Alternative if first 3 names not selected)

    https://forms.gle/b8Co75Xme9SbLzm39 (You can vote here)

    Here are some screens so you can have an idea about the game:

    https://i.redd.it/8q4c4qd0s4631.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/ws2obuv0s4631.jpg

    What are your opinions is any of them viable to use for a roguelike deckbuilding game? Do you have any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MadRobotGames
    [link] [comments]

    Unity Simple Customizable Player Controller | Keyboard / Mouse and Controllers

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Updated my IK blocking system to look more natural and support more weapon types.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    How important is customizability in hyper-casual games?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    I am interested in making and designing hypercasual games so i was examining what makes them fun.

    Most of the top games in the play store are hypercasuals. Stuff like helix jump, dunk shot, stack, etc. Ive been wondering if customizability is a part of what makes those kind of games successful or fun to play, but most of them dont really have many if any customizability. Dunk shot gives you different ball types if you complete achievements and thats it. Helix jump straight up doesnt have any customizability and this trend continues in most ketchapp style hypercasual games.

    So ive started to think that most people dont care about skins and stuff but just want to keep playing the game. What do you guys think about this?

    submitted by /u/SerdarCS
    [link] [comments]

    How should I get paid by itch.io?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    I'm setting up a payment mode on itch.io(how I'll be paid for my games), and I have to chose between direct to me and collected by them, then I request it. Anyone have any input? I'm new to this, and would appreciate more experienced opinions.

    submitted by /u/ImperialLizardman
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on my First ever "blendersculpt" that I actually spend alot of time on? The middle "statue" you see is supposed to be a Tiki totem that will probablytake place in my "mainhub" island which will be in space, the totem statues will light up when its night time.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    How would you attach an AI to something?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    To me it makes sense that an enemy HAS a behavior. So maybe it contains an behavior that inherits a generic AI. But it starts getting ugly if the object needs to pass in its position vector and whatever else the AI needs.

    UE has a controller that possesses a pawn. How does that work? Is the controller the parent? Does that pawn give a reference of something to that controller?

    submitted by /u/100721
    [link] [comments]

    Dreams: Under the Hood with Alex Evans

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    How does armor/weapon swaps work in RPG games?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    What the engine does when you swap a weapon or armor? Do people create models for every armor or just they put it on naked one somehow? Can you give me some insight on this? I would appriciate detailed info :) Thanks

    submitted by /u/anilisfaitnesto
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to set up class structure with player that turns into an enemy.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    So in this game a player can effectively take over all the controls of an enemy. I have all the different types of creatures inherit Playable which has things like handle_input, action, etc. Should I just have a bool is_player that turns off AI and lets player control it? Should I change my inheritance to some other structure?

    submitted by /u/100721
    [link] [comments]

    What made Banjo-Kazooie collectables so satisfying?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    I've thought about it a lot over the years, this being my favourite all time game. I've always wondered, more specifically about the notes. Why are they so satisfying?

    There's lots of games that have similar collectables but don't even come close to hitting the same satisfaction Banjo did.

    To me I think there are 3 main reasons:

    • The sound

    • The fact that notes are grouped in bunches, so if you find 1; you've actually found a bunch. So really instead of finding 100 notes, you are finding around 20-30 groups.

    • The worlds are compact/dense meaning exploring every corner of the map is able to reward the player. It's a similar satisfaction as clearing the fog-of-war in an RTS.

    Since Banjo, there hasn't really been a game to capture the essence of the "Banjo-esc Design". What do you think is missing from those games? And what do you think made Banjo collectables so satisfying?

    submitted by /u/starblinky
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback for our Press Kit page

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    A while ago, I did rebuild my games website again using Word Press.

    Today I have been working on making the Press Kit page better.

    I would love to hear feedback from you guys on it, I'm not sure where else I could ask about it.

    https://www.skydome.fi/press/

    All feedback is valuable and appreciated!

    Thank you again ~Sauli

    submitted by /u/Mephasto
    [link] [comments]

    Before YouTube I was developing mobile games, in this video I explain some causes for bad mobile games.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Introducing the International Silly Awards, designed to help struggling indie developers gain momentum

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 11:26 PM PDT

    Gamedev and making youtube videos and streaming

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    What are most interesting parts of gamedev for people to watch?

    submitted by /u/yoathel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment