• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 26, 2019

    I gamified sentiment analysis. Your positive input keeps the plant alive. Or you can hasten its decay with negative input. Keep it alive as long as possible or kill it as fast as you want. The thesis of this one is that your thoughts are what make you.

    I gamified sentiment analysis. Your positive input keeps the plant alive. Or you can hasten its decay with negative input. Keep it alive as long as possible or kill it as fast as you want. The thesis of this one is that your thoughts are what make you.


    I gamified sentiment analysis. Your positive input keeps the plant alive. Or you can hasten its decay with negative input. Keep it alive as long as possible or kill it as fast as you want. The thesis of this one is that your thoughts are what make you.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    Saw it on oddlysatisfying and went searching for the real video, might come in handy for anyone doing underwater related stuff.

    Posted: 25 May 2019 09:20 PM PDT

    Dust3D 1.0 Beta 17 Is Now Available

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    OpenGL Shaders | Game Engine series | TheCherno

    Posted: 26 May 2019 04:51 AM PDT

    Really loving the new UI design available in Unity3d version 2019.3.0a3 looks super cool.

    Posted: 25 May 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Is there any law regulations in countries which require interface localization in native language or some censorship before selling?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    I know that there is no strictly regulations but I am just curious about it. For example, Ukrainian parliament has passed a law which requires companies to implement interface version in Ukrainian or in one of the EU languages. Also I know that blood or strong violence is banned in some countries. And how it works with software like Steam, Origin, GOG etc?

    submitted by /u/kvi10
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone notice a sharp drop in Steam sales since the 17th of this month? (Or is it just me?)

    Posted: 26 May 2019 12:57 AM PDT

    The Steam sales of my recently released game suddenly fell off a cliff around the 17th May, and for the first time I have had days where I've made 0 sales. I asked one other dev and they have noticed a similar drop off (though they suspect it might just be a coincidence too)

    I didn't find anything about this through searching around on the internet (Twitter/ reddit) which is why I thought I'd ask if any of you guys noticed something similar, and if it's another algorithm tweak maybe.

    Or it may just be the fact that it's 4 months since my game's release (the drop off is still too dramatic for that)

    submitted by /u/CommanderShepard69
    [link] [comments]

    Introducing the RNJam!

    Posted: 26 May 2019 01:04 AM PDT

    As a result of finishing my RNG (Random Game Name Generator) I decided to make a jam where your game must be based on a random name. Join it here!

    https://itch.io/jam/rnjam

    submitted by /u/89odev
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Tax verification. How long does it take?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Actually, I've filled the tax form and send my ID document scan a month ago.

    And no response from Valve or their partner Lilaham (third-party tax provider).

    I wonder, why is it so long? Also, I am not a US citizen, I am from an Asian country without special tax regulation rules with US. Why is it so hard to look through my documents?

    submitted by /u/Grim_Ork
    [link] [comments]

    Hello GameDev! Sharing my updated audio library for free to use in your projects. Includes 7 Sound Effect Packs and 110+ individual music tracks (multiple genres). Hope these come in handy, Cheers!

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    List of excellent GDC talks

    Posted: 25 May 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    I want to make a list of amazing GdC talks that are worth sitting through. Even at 1.5 speed. There are lot of great titles and topics, but only few made me say "Damn that was a good talk." Please add yours below. I will update this list as I find better ones. Talks with good visuals and/or video examples of what they are talking about is always a win.

    So here is a list of talks that I personally think are a must see-

    1) Doom : Bringing Hell to life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lO1q8mQrrg&t=

    Great animation talk, gets a little technical but the speaker is great And has a lot of visual examples.

    2) Doom : Embrace push forward combat- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KQNpQD8Ayo

    The first half is a great design talk about Doom 2016's design philosophy. And the second half is a technical design talk , with lots of nice visuals and explanations for their combat system.

    3) Evolving combat in God of War-

    Another excellent technical design talk with great visuals on how god of war's combat system evolved because of the new 3rd person camera.

    submitted by /u/Alawliet
    [link] [comments]

    Creating and selling multiplayer online games

    Posted: 26 May 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    Made a test version of our exploration game Cosmosa for everyone to try out it's movement system. Feedback is very appreciated.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    Is it worth updating your old games?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    So I have few old games released all the way back in Unity 4. Of course opening them projects in Unity 2018 or 2019 will give tonnes of errors with outdated assets and scripts. Rather than fixing it slowly wouldn't it be easier to recreate the game in the newer version of Unity using the same bundle id and update the game like that?

    They don't make much money but looking back can be drastically improved essentially rebooted with a update. How often do you update your backlog of old games?

    submitted by /u/Ghulam_Jewel
    [link] [comments]

    Is it easy to add graphics later if you write the game logic / program it first?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Hi guys. I recently completed my degree program, and have fantasized for a long time about writing my own little games and projects I'm passionate about. Game development is new for me - since our course didn't touch front-end / GUI stuff. I've been looking at learning this myself using libgdx and teaching myself Kotlin or writing it directly in java.

    The thing is, the game (my first project) will be predominantly text based, but I'd like to have images/backgrounds/movies that appear when certain things are triggered etc. However, before adding visualisation, I'd love to write the actual game objects first. Is this a common approach, or is it better to develop visualisations alongside writing game logic?

    Sorry if this sounds like a very noob question - since it is.

    ** Edit: The graphics will be very basic - that's why I haven't really opted for using game engines like UE4 / Unity. My first project is mainly a learning experience, improving my programming ability but producing something fun at the end.

    submitted by /u/csDataScience
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone! Here’s an electronic video game music pack I’ve put on my bandcamp. I’m going to be making themed music packs for people to buy and use royalty free on their projects. I have one other pack on there plus a free 9 minute+ song. Thanks for listening! Cheers :) all feedback welcome!

    Posted: 26 May 2019 12:07 AM PDT

    Evol - Multiplayer Hero Defense (Unity) looking for feedback

    Posted: 26 May 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    Hello everyone !

    I've been developing Evol as a school project / for fun (one of my first game) with Unity for few months, could be nice to have a feedback :)

    Evol is a Hero Defense (inspired a bit by Warcraft III mods) and you can also win by killing the "World boss" (a big tree).

    There is multiple characters with abilities, you can improve the abilities by equipping runes on it (duplication, enlargement ...).

    When you start, a forest will start to grow from the boss to the player base, the tree can be killed and deal damage to players going nearby.

    There is also some monsters that come from the forest side to attack the players base.

    You need to defend the base (barriers can be destroyed and if the monsters destroy the castle or if all players die, you lose).

    Project link

    Play the game

    In game you have a button "help us ..." that will open a Google Form to give a feedback, if you could fill it, it would be nice !

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/louis030195
    [link] [comments]

    Iclone prop + avatar to unity

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    Hey guys I have question that is irrelevant to this sub but it's related and maybe someone can help me. How can I take my iclone avatar and prop together to unity? I tried to find solution but could find any. I have a character that is throwing a ball.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousPlantain
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I start in regards to making a “game”?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    I'm planning on trying to start making a game similar to Terraria and starbound. I have no clue where to start, though.

    submitted by /u/Thrillkilled
    [link] [comments]

    Galactico: Alpha tesers needed! (RTS)

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    My game Galactico is now going into Alpha, I'm in need of some testers to come and play it with me to make sure all features are working.

    Will give out steam cd keys to anyone interested!

    https://i.redd.it/lfzgtoutal031.png

    submitted by /u/SpartanDevStudios
    [link] [comments]

    Free Low Poly House for Games and Animations | Fbx(Google Drive): http://bit.ly/lowPolyhouseFbx

    Posted: 25 May 2019 10:24 PM PDT

    When to reduce the price of your title

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    Hi Gamedev,

    Wondering what other companies experiences have been in lowering the price of their titles after release.

    How long did you wait and what % did you reduce the price?

    I am sure this has a lot to do with actual sales numbers but what are best practices?

    submitted by /u/MonsterToothStudios
    [link] [comments]

    Books on Data oriented design pattern / ECS

    Posted: 26 May 2019 09:42 AM PDT

    I chose the 'Entity component system' programming pattern for my diploma thesis, more specifically using it in conjunction with Unity3D, which added this feature recently and now found out that there are very few books (e-books) on this topic.

    I did find a book from Richard Fabian: Data-Oriented Design, which was about a year ago released but am not sure if it's worth buying since I couldn't find any explicit references about ECS on the book's webpage. Does anyone have this book and can please confirm if it's usable for this topic?

    Any other suggestions for books or good articles on this topic are highly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/11tomi12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment