• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 28, 2019

    Created my first texture from scratch!

    Created my first texture from scratch!


    Created my first texture from scratch!

    Posted: 27 May 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    "Gaming Disorder" Now A Recognized Illness According To World Health Organization

    Posted: 28 May 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    Have any of you published games using the Godot engine?

    Posted: 28 May 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    And what was your experience with that engine? And can we play your game?

    submitted by /u/beer118
    [link] [comments]

    Wrote this cell shader for a game ill be working on and just to learn a little about unity shaders. A few patches of hair disappeared from my head, but it works.

    Posted: 28 May 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    Epic Games has posted nearly 50 videos of presentations from last month’s Unreal Fest Europe.

    Posted: 28 May 2019 01:14 AM PDT

    "Fix Your (Unity) Timestep!" - Everything you need to know about timesteps in Unity.

    Posted: 28 May 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    Making Games for a Living: 11 tips from Richard "The Levelord" Gray

    Posted: 28 May 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    Where to start (you may have a deja-vu here)

    Posted: 28 May 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    So, I am trying to learn game development and i searched the internet for the courses online to learn game development

    but i was hoping to learn more about the development process involved in the actual development than to programming in but i found all the courses saying learn unity and bla bla , can anyone help me with this issue, I am kinda more involved

    in narration of a game and building the structure of the game.

    submitted by /u/krithickwastaken
    [link] [comments]

    Electronic Music Producer Here- I'm looking for game developers that want original music in their games. Here's my first Album comprised of the best tracks I've put out over the last year. Let's start talking and collaborating!

    Posted: 28 May 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Fighting Game Camera

    Posted: 28 May 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    I need help programming a 2.5D fighting game camera on Unity. I've looked everywhere online, but there's barely any tutorials for even making a fighting game, nonetheless fighting game cameras. I'm making a 1v1 fighting game, so the camera should be able to track both players equally as they move around the screen, by moving with them and zooming in or out when needed, pretty much like Street Fighter. If anyone can help please comment.

    submitted by /u/Harmones81
    [link] [comments]

    Working at AAA studio as my first major job

    Posted: 27 May 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    After a long process and lots of interviews and tests, I will be working at AAA studio. I know it might be nothing special to the lots of you after reading a lot of negative posts about big studios, but it means a lot to me. Lol.

    I am extremely nervous that I would do something stupid and mess up this amazing opportunity. I came from a very small studio and this is a very big upgrade. Also, I have just barely over 1 year experience within the industry. Any tips and advices are greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/rubibodadeo
    [link] [comments]

    Published My First Space Shooter Game On Google Play Store!

    Posted: 28 May 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Ideas for melee units abilities

    Posted: 28 May 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    As i am building a RTS / shooter hybrid game and i am at the point of creating abilities for melee units i wanted to see if anyone still has some cool ideas about abilities that have not yet done in games or that are just so awesome i should also do them. The game is created in a fantasy setting so nearly anything is possible. The general ideas is that both team have the same units but you can buy special "heaven" and "Hell" units at mid map points.

    Currently the main melee unit already has 1 ability to shrink to 1/20 of normal size while the speed remains the same. this give some nice sneak attack ability's. I cant remember this has ever been done in a online shooter RTS game.

    So do you have any cool ideas to add to these melee units for special abilities .

    If you want to know / see more about the game you can check out the site for details:

    https://saranity.nl

    submitted by /u/Martijn_van_Geffen
    [link] [comments]

    Godot, gamemaker studio or RPG maker?

    Posted: 28 May 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    Hello. I would like to try making a game. what I wanna make is something like horror adventure kind like Ib, undertale etc. based on 2D but I would like to add those standing character when they talk like in visual novels. I will use live 2D or similar program for that if its possible to add. and for music, I wanna use both chiptune based and epic kind of music for climax part with final boss.
    i wanna also add relation meter system thing....like some dialogue or action the player use, it affects to the ally character which is only one. and it also affects for ending.
    I have thought till now, but problem is I have 0 knowledge of programming nor game developping;;
    As my research RPG maker seems very good for beginner since it doesnt have to type all the programming codes?? but I dont know if you can add everything I said.
    Godot or Game maker studio seem require programming. and not sure if its possible to add all the feature I listed..>.<
    Does anyone recommend me which game engine would suit me?
    and if you know any good tutorial video for what I would like to, could you tell me? i'd be greatly appreciated ;w;
    I did search how to make 2d games in godot, I found mostly platform games at the moment;;

    submitted by /u/nekofluffy
    [link] [comments]

    Want to make a life sim game- Need advice on engine for prototype

    Posted: 28 May 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    I am primarily trained as an artist, including 2D computer graphics, and have experience writing. I understand the writing structure for games, and I am a good alpha and beta tester, but I am not a coder in any relevant languages.

    My game concept: a resource-management and narrative game about a player character who is living with a major chronic illness. I am aware this is niche and somewhat dark, but the goal is to have it be a worthwhile game that also helps people gain a concept of what such a life is like. Note the "worthwhile game" part- this won't achieve jack if it sucks as a game, and I get that.

    Basic visual presentation of the game will be essentially 2D point-and click, possibly into visual novel style when conversing with other characters. Main gameplay is deciding what to do and how to go about it so as to manage various factors affecting quality of life- standard resource management mechanics, just with different resources. Some inventory, but not the usual adventure game "use chicken with pulley in it on rope" type puzzles, more about getting objects from point A to point B or having them handy on your person rather than left in another room.

    I am trying to determine what would be a good engine to use for a prototype, so that I can demonstrate the planned structure of the game to potential team members and/or funding sources. Here are the traits of the game as I am currently thinking of it:

    • Character movement can be free or hotspot based.
    • There are a few locations, mostly rooms in a house.
    • Actions needed are move, examine, pick up, and interact, with interaction with people broken into a few options, possibly in a secondary action set.
    • Most in-world objects will have their own zoomed-in screen for detailed interactions unless they only serve one function.
    • NPC attitudes and PC dialogue choices vary depending on variables and previous choices
    • Changes to environment occur depending on variables and choices, but don't need to be specifically tied to PC animations in the prototype- cleaning a room just changes it to clean, I don't need an animation of the PC cleaning it.
    • Changes to PC avatar occur depending on variables and choices.
    • Time, energy, and other variables are tracked and affect available actions, environment, etc. Some are visible to the player, some are not.
    • Variables and information directly available to players have their own screen- they aren't visible in the main play screen.

    What engine would be a good choice for something like this? I am thinking the final game will be in something like Unity, but I am not sure that it is worth learning that myself in order to prototype it, as I don't expect to act as a coder in the final game. I am therefore not worried about being able to build directly on from the prototype to the final game- it is more to show the concept to people more skilled at coding resource management than myself.

    I get that there will be learning curve to any engine, and I am fine with that, I just don't want to get halfway through setting everything up to discover that the engine I am using can't carry some aspect of the planned gameplay.

    submitted by /u/NocturneBlock
    [link] [comments]

    Yahtzee’s Dev Diary EP 2: Belts, Backrests and Bubbles

    Posted: 28 May 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    Is game delta time a reciprocal of FPS?

    Posted: 28 May 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    I made a post aboutVisual Scripting a while ago. This review sums up my views on Construct 3.

    Posted: 28 May 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    I made this post a little while ago.

    Link

    After some thought and experimentation, I am starting to love Construct 3. This review sums up my views accurately.
    Link

    In fact, Construct 3 is now adding in JavaScript to their engine which should pretty much seal the deal when it comes to closing an engine. I just wish Construct 3 could make 3D games.

    What are your thoughts on Construct 3?

    submitted by /u/Coffee4thewin
    [link] [comments]

    How long would it take to make something as polished as Super Mario Bros using SDL?

    Posted: 28 May 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    How long would it take to make something as high quality as the first super mario bros game, using only sdl and c/c++, by yourself? I'm really interested in lower level gamedev, but if it would take like a whole year to make a fairly basic game, then I'm not sure it's for me.

    submitted by /u/Its_Blazertron
    [link] [comments]

    New HorrorDev Community

    Posted: 28 May 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Sorry if this is against the rules, so feel free to remove if this is a bad post.

    I'm an active horror dev, and I've been looking for a community to fit my niche. I found r/horrorgamedev but unfortunately the community has long since died.

    With that in mind, I thought I'd start my own subreddit to share ideas, techniques, references, showcases, etc. in relation to horror dev.

    I'm inviting whoever's interested in that area to come join r/HorrorDev as I'll be posting there with my progress on my current projects, plus anything that inspires or interests me in the world of creating the ideal horror feel.

    It's currently pretty bare, but when I get back from work tonight, I'll be making a start on populating it.

    Hope to see some like-minded folks there!

    Once again, if this against any rules, please delete.

    submitted by /u/synysterdemon
    [link] [comments]

    I made a new version of Tic Tac Toe (Android Game)

    Posted: 28 May 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    With a group of friends, we made a new extended version of the Tic Tac Toe game called Stack It (only for Android users) where you play with a bigger grid, it involves a lot of strategic thinking.

    You can play it with a friend on the same device. Also, it's free and has no ads.
    What do you think about this game?

    submitted by /u/diongeorge97
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone please help me understand these Steam page visit analytics ? My wishlist count is way low if I take into account the visits.

    Posted: 27 May 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    How to keep track of players on an open source game?

    Posted: 28 May 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    I am writing an open source game and I would like to give the server admins a fighting chance to maintain order. I am thinking about a banning feature. Does anyone have ideas on how I can uniquely identify a player with something that is a bit harder to spoof than an IP address? Is there some kind of unique ID service already available?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/deaf_fish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment