• Breaking News

    Monday, April 8, 2019

    What is the ethical thing to do if I've found a vulnerability in a website? Ask Programming

    What is the ethical thing to do if I've found a vulnerability in a website? Ask Programming


    What is the ethical thing to do if I've found a vulnerability in a website?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    Recently, I've been looking at different moving companies as I'm going to be renting one to help me move in a month. However, upon filling out one of the forms to get a quote, I got suspicious and checked the source for the website. Inside the source was a link to a CSV file titled "CustFile". A little horrified, I downloaded it and saw my information -- my phone number, current address, email, new address -- inside this CSV with a few others.

    The application was developed by a third party (not the moving company itself). What should I do with this information? Should I report it to the company that developed it? There are comments in the code from 2010, so I'm not sure if it's still maintained. Should I report it to the moving company? Just trying to figure out what the right thing to do in this situation would be.

    E: Don't insult me by PMing me asking what the site is. Looking at you u/BinarySo10.

    submitted by /u/Kyudojin
    [link] [comments]

    What math is needed for compiler theory?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    Can a shared library reference something in another shared library?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    [Game Modding] Reading hex values to find the information I'm looking for

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Okay, so long story short, I have a specific .bin file that I want to get specific information from, and my head is spinning as to how to go about doing that.

    Long story long, I want to be able to read the value for kills from here. The game is Wolfenstein: The New Order, and it's run with the idTech5 engine, which stores a lot of local data like this in a file called profile.bin. After fucking around with various software, I was able to get at least a representation of what the data in here is with HxD.

    So here is the point where I am stuck. I have confirmed that the data I'm looking for is in this file, but I definitely never took any courses on hex editing when I was an undergrad. Does anyone have any tips? Anything is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PHNX_Arcanus
    [link] [comments]

    I used to use a program to make games written in c++ (i think) all the graphics woukd be ASCII characters. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the software.. any help here?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    I think it may be "ZZ.." something

    submitted by /u/jakestucker
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best zero-loss compression algorithm for images?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    I know PNG is a format with no loss but is there a better way to store images with no loss of information? I'm talking pictures so not really anything vector-based

    submitted by /u/IMB_10111
    [link] [comments]

    Making a Program Run in The Background

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    For my computer science A level I need to make a program run in the background until a hotkey is pressed. (Kind of like lightshot). Which programming language is the easiest to do this in? I'd prefer to do it in Java but I don't know if it's possible in that language.

    submitted by /u/EthanSwag
    [link] [comments]

    Test Environment for P2P Protocol Development?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    I would like to test a P2P protocol in a realistic consumer network environment, e.g. some clients located in different geographic areas, on different types of consumer internet connections and hardware. Is there any service that offers this kind of test environment?

    e.g. Allow me to spin up 10,000 nodes on varying hardware configurations, varying internet connections, where the distribution would mimic the current state of the internet.

    submitted by /u/stingrayer
    [link] [comments]

    python range step for most unique numbers

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I'm unit testing a function which takes an input in the range 0 to 86400000 and returns a value > 0.

    I dont want to test every number in that range as it takes too long, so Id like to form a list of representative numbers to sufficiently test this function. I was thinking about using the range function to form the list. Something like range(0, 86400000, X). How can I choose X (the step) such that my list covers a wide range of different types of numbers? For instance I wouldnt want to pick X=an even number, because then I'd never test an odd number. I randomly choose X=1233, but cant justify my choice. I'd like to know what some good options would be and why. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/Rachmaninovf
    [link] [comments]

    How do you review/maintain documents on your project?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I am working on a continuously growing big project (currently ~200 ppl) and we are still writing and reviewing documents in word docs and pdfs which makes it really hard to keep them up to date and it is also hard to synchronize who is allowed to work on the document, because later on it makes it hard to merge the versions together.

    Do you use special tools on your project for this purpose?

    I am hoping maybe some of you can suggest me something to make our life easier and I can suggest to my management to consider it. Security and licensing fee is a very important aspect here.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Amaracs
    [link] [comments]

    What OS do you use for develop?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    What OS do you use for develop? vote here

    If the OS that you're using isn't in the list, it's because it's not widely used compared with the OSs in the list.

    submitted by /u/Abakim
    [link] [comments]

    Are these features possible?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Hi, I was wondering if it was technically possible to create a website with customisable components? If one component is not desired to be closed out and another one takes its place or the rest of the components rescale to fit in a nicer way? If this is possible, are there any websites that portray these features?

    Hi, I have two questions regarding their feasibility.

    1. Is it possible to create a website with customisable components? If one component is not desired to be closed out and another one takes its place or the rest of the components rescale to fit in a nicer way?

    1. Creating a component that will allow you to login to another website (example: facebook or twitter), and it portrays the component window as a smaller page for the website they login to.

    Are these features possible to make?

    If so, are there any websites that portray these features. Appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Andreas-From
    [link] [comments]

    How would I change the time format of a website via a userscript

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    Kind of unfamiliar with this kind of thing.

    submitted by /u/notactuallyjoe
    [link] [comments]

    Rerun docker container on SSH through IDE(Eclipse)

    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 12:43 AM PDT

    I was wondering, if it's possible to rerun a docker container that has a Spring Boot application through Eclipse (or even IntelliJ) which container is on a SSH server.

    What I am doing now is :

    • Produce the jar for the Spring Boot application
    • Uploading the jar through SFTP client on SSH server
    • Connecting to SSH client to run "docker-compose build;" and "docker-compose up -d"

    Is there a maven plugin that would automate this procedure?

    submitted by /u/valkon_gr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment