• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 21, 2019

    C++: Does array dereference pointers? Ask Programming

    C++: Does array dereference pointers? Ask Programming


    C++: Does array dereference pointers?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    If I have a 2d array, by using subscript it automatically dereference the pointers right?

    submitted by /u/MuskIsAlien
    [link] [comments]

    Filepaths in python shell Windows

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    I am completely new to running Python from the command prompt in Windows

    I am trying to load a python script and import information from it, like classes and functions (as opposed to just running the script, I'm not sure the technical term for what I'm trying to do).

    The file is called group.py at 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Code\'.

    Any help is appreciated. I did this before with help from a friend but I'm not sure how we went about it.

    Thanks a ton.

    submitted by /u/JShrub
    [link] [comments]

    I love electronic music (techno/house) and programming. How do I intersect them?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    Currently a CS student.

    All I could think of is being a software engineer that works on DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) programs or other music apps.

    What else is there? I do code and study to a lot of techno music lol.

    I also have a DJ hobby (making soundcloud mixes) that I do at home occasionally.

    submitted by /u/eisfina
    [link] [comments]

    what concepts do I need to understand to create a bare-bones social media platform?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    my current knowledge comes almost exclusively from LPTHW. what concepts should I study if I want to make a very simple yet functional social media website?

    submitted by /u/alrightfrankie
    [link] [comments]

    Using python to replicate putty receive/transfer tasks

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I'm currently working on a project and need a little direction. The project is essentially controlling a bot from a "command center". The bot is really low level and I'm sending all sorts of information through UART communication & its wifi card.

    Originally, I was using putty for sending and receiving information. It was simple, put 192.168.1.1 for the host, drop the port number, baud rate, and another thing or two and it could communicate efficiently and accurately. The sensor data would come in and display line by line, and I could send characters back to the bot like I needed just by inputting.

    The thing is, I need to build a proper command center now though, and that involves live data visualization, ect... Charts for object detection, color underneath me, ect... Thus, instead of just seeing those numbers transmitted back to putty, I need to be able to manipulate/graph them live.

    I'm trying to do the visualization in python (already wrote stuff that can do it live), and figured I could easily send and receive the data with some python libraries too. The thing is, I've never worked with networking stuff before, and I'm learning python as I go.

    I have no ideas what tools or libraries would potentially abstract the most of this for me. Originally, I was really, really hoping to just be able to use pyserial. It links up with the baud rate super well, the data comes in live, I don't have to worry about losing stuff. Then I realized yea I need to do this over a TCP connection, which I know nothing about haha. Now, I'm giving it a go with sockets, but I have no idea whats going on, cause I didn't know what a socket was until today. I was able to receive a packet, but I need everything to be transferred effectively and fluidly, which doesn't seem very easy if I'm involving tons more packets.

    Thoughts? I was told to give socket.makefile().readline() or something of the like, which I'll be trying soon after this.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tyrannosaurus-Rekt
    [link] [comments]

    How can I create my own CMS?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    Hi. I'll make some website and want to have one CMS for manage all of them (add content, make SEO, see analytics etc). How many peope I need for this and which developers. Thakns

    submitted by /u/ChristopherMarsh1
    [link] [comments]

    What sorting algorithm did I make? How would you optimize it? (hopefully easy question :)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    I tried to make a mergesort algorithm just based off of the gif animation on wikipedia. My sorting algorithm works, but I get the feeling it's not exactly a mergesort algorithm.

    Here's a link to it on github. (Don't worry, there's comments :)

    It recursively calls itself by splitting the array in half and calling itself on both halves, but then it still has to compare the two sorted arrays. I found a way to do this without comparing every single element, since they're both already sorted, but I get the feeling it's still not very optimized.

    Is this really a mergesort algorithm? Or did I make something else?

    And, how do I optimize it for speed? I feel like it's kinda wasteful.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/hanjol
    [link] [comments]

    Asked this around half a year ago, any ideas?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    how do I make a loop out of this code?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    if (mouseX > 50 && mouseX < 100 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 150 && mouseX < 200 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 250 && mouseX < 300 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 350 && mouseX < 400 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("doel gehaald!", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 450 && mouseX < 500 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 550 && mouseX < 600 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    if (mouseX > 650 && mouseX < 700 && mouseY < 700 && mouseY > 300) {

    if (totaalStappen < doelen) {

    fill(0);

    textSize(20);

    text("niet gehaald", width / 2, 220);

    }

    }

    submitted by /u/nowa99
    [link] [comments]

    How would you solve this problem?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    You are given a total dollar amount and a number of bills, and asked to calculate all the possible combinations of exactly that number of bills that add up to that total dollar amount.

    Assortment values are 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2, 1.

    Any suggestion?

    submitted by /u/alalalal12345
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to read an expression into a vector. Need some help c++

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    I have a vector which I'm reading a user created expression into. My code works great for any expression that has numbers 1-9. Once I get into double digit numbers it doesn't read the number as a single number but two separate numbers. Take 10+10 for example it reads in 1,0+,1,0. I was wondering if anyone knows a good way I can fix this.

    my code:

    vector<char> IN; void Input() { string temp; cout << "Enter An Expression: "; cin >> temp; for (int i = 0; i < temp.size(); i++) { IN.push_back(temp[i]); } } 
    submitted by /u/Amxela
    [link] [comments]

    C++ Autoclicker, toggleable. How would I go about doing this?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    How would I be able to do this? I am brand new to codding and as my second project I want to try and make a autoclicker that can be toggled on and off with the click of a button. When enabled, holding the left click button would emulate human clicks.

    submitted by /u/PeanutSyrup
    [link] [comments]

    Javascript - enable the user to light up the boxes/items on the page using a specified key on the keyboard

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    I want to create a web page that would enable a user to light up the boxes/items on the page using a specified key on the keyboard. For example, below, using 'M' to light up the middle item on the interface - Or 'F' to light up the top item. I would like the functionality to be able light up multiple boxes at the same time whilst pressing multiple buttons.

    I've been advised to use event decorators, but I'm not entirely sure where to start.

    document.addEventListener('keydown', function(event) { if(event.keyCode == 37) { alert('Left was pressed'); } else if(event.keyCode == 39) { alert('Right was pressed'); } });

    submitted by /u/treesofthemind
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing Option Arguments

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    If I use parser.add_option and then store it using this:

    options, args = parser.parse_args(sys.argv[1:])

    How do I loop through and access each option?

    submitted by /u/salt_schedule
    [link] [comments]

    Need a website/program to auto send emails

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    I need a program or a website that when clicked on by link it will automatically message someone via email or Facebook.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Mrafki1
    [link] [comments]

    What is wrong with this method of mine?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    It is supposed to create a string with a randomname that is a number between MAX and MIN but all it does is return 01 everytime, dont know whats wrong with it

    public static String random()

    {

    return (int)Math.random() * MAX + MIN + ".jpg";

    }

    submitted by /u/ALostPaperBag
    [link] [comments]

    [C#] Questions about architectural patterns and best practices.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    I'm familiarizing with the MVVM pattern and, in general, the best practices when it comes to separation of code. There's one doubt I have though and it's how to split my code and where to put each method.

    Let's say I have a SQL database with a single table modelled around a class Customer. Where should I put the code that manages the connection to the database? In it's own class I'd say but I'm not really sure. Same with the code to interact with the database: adding and removing rows should be part of the Customer class file? What about the code that takes the data from the database and displays it in the GUI?

    submitted by /u/nicktheone
    [link] [comments]

    Active Directory and Group Policy APIs

    Posted: 20 Apr 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    I'm looking to create some monitoring tools for my active directory install. Are there any APIs I can use to crawl the forest and the GPOs so I can watch for changes?

    submitted by /u/dancorbe
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to read a file and organize the numbers into ascending order with the output being placed in rows of 10 by 10

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main () { ifstream inFile("project.txt", ios::in); int the_input; int the_array [100]; int i{0}; int n = 100, temp, t, j; if (!inFile) {cerr << "File could not be opened" << endl; exit(EXIT_FAILURE);} {while (inFile >> the_input ) { for( i = 0;i<100 ;i++) { for (j = 0 ; j < n - i - 1; j++) { if (the_array[j] > the_array[j+1]) { temp = the_array[j]; the_array[j] = the_array[j+1]; the_array[j+1] = temp; } } } for (int i = 0; i<9; i++) { if (i < 5) { the_array[i] = i * i; } if ((i + 1) % 5 == 0) { {the_array [i] = the_input;} cout <<the_input<<" "; } } } } return 0; 

    }

    edit:

    I cant seem to figure out how to organize my array by tens and I cant figure out how to work in the sorting algorithm into the_input

    submitted by /u/SpeedWagon2
    [link] [comments]

    how to import django oscar catalogue with child categories?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    hello people and happy easter,

    I use the oscar_import_catalogue command to import products into my shop. At this moment, I already modified the partner/importer.py and now I can add some attributes into the csv, here is my snipped:

    def _create_item(self, product_class, category_str, upc, title, description, co2, is_public, stats): # .... item.upc = upc item.title = title item.description = description item.product_class = product_class item.co2 = co2 item.is_public = is_public item.save() 

    have a lot of products and it would be much easier to add the subcategories to the csv as well. Simple example: product_class: electronics. categories: mobile phones (1) > android phones (2) > samsung phones (3).

    Does somebody has any idea?

    Greetings

    submitted by /u/discorogo
    [link] [comments]

    Website , HTML, Bootstrap and React

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    I've been tasked with making the frontend of a website using html, bootstrap and React for a university group project I understand html and bootstrap well enough but I don't know where to start with React

    How should I start this project and start learning React? What will React allow me to do oppose to not having it?

    Any help would be great, Thanks

    submitted by /u/ewansolo
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on datastore for processing millions of text pages

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    I'm building a system to process 100k+ PDFs where the data could be be text, tables, or both.

    Background

    There will be a relational database (Postgres) to handle the web app portion of the app-

    • Users
    • Docs uploaded by the account

    Data Processing

    The goal of the app is to extract valuable information from the PDFs. The steps of this process -

    • Parse the raw data out of the PDF
    • Clean the data
    • Classify it
    • Extract key data values

    Problem

    Every time I process a PDF, I want to save the results at each step to ensure my algorithms are improving.

    Question

    Should I store the results at each step in the same Postgres db or in some other datastore?

    My gut feeling is there is a better solution than having tables for each step.

    submitted by /u/emilepetrone
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Developers - what technical aspect of the mobile development cycle is the hardest?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    How to Input Name, Gender, etc. in a form and Output a Text Paragraph?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    This is extremely basic, but I have to start somewhere and I can't find the answer online after a lot of tinkering. I make a lot of feedback paragraphs that have the same basic format and frequently repeated phrases. I'd like to make a form of some sort with input fields, checkboxes, etc. to quickly spit out these text paragraphs.

    The question is, despite all of my googling so far, I lack the vocabulary to know what I'm looking for or what language I should even use. My programming is limited to very basic C++, HTML and TI-Basic. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

    Input example:

    • Name: John
    • Gender: (X) M ( ) F
    • Performance: ( ) okay (X) well ( ) excellent
    • Common phrases: blah blah blah
    • Ending: (X) It was great to see (name) again today and I hope to see (pronoun) again soon! ( ) Keep up the good work! (X) Thank you and have a great day!

    Output example:

    "(John) did (well) in class today. ......It was great to see (John) again today and I hope to see (him) again soon! Thank you and have a great day!"

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kanzaman
    [link] [comments]

    [Lisp] line:column of a token

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 06:39 AM PDT

    I am using/writing lisp to create a bit more sophisticated diagrams which are automatically converted to SVG. As a next step I like to write an editor and like to find the respective tokens line:column in the source file. The editor then automatically can update the positions/colors/... directly in the source. I can use an additional lisp parser (from a library) for this but I'm pretty sure there is more appropriate way to do this?

    submitted by /u/galeactena
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment