• Breaking News

    Friday, June 1, 2018

    This is my favorite piece of advice to read when I feel overwhelmed by how many languages, frameworks, and tools are out there learn programming

    This is my favorite piece of advice to read when I feel overwhelmed by how many languages, frameworks, and tools are out there learn programming


    This is my favorite piece of advice to read when I feel overwhelmed by how many languages, frameworks, and tools are out there

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    It comes from a comment made by Addy Osmani, Senior Staff Engineer at Google. He was writing it in response to a jokey article called How it feels to learn JavaScript in 2016 by Jose Aguinaga (which itself was a JavaScript spin on It's the Future by Paul Biggar).

    I was reading /u/ZHDINC's comment in the recent thread about why people give up on programming and it reminded me of Osmani's words. ZHDINC mentions how we all hit "the wall" which is this metaphorical construct embodying the seemingly endless amount of sheer stuff that we have to learn before we become competent programmers. To many it seems insurmountable and after struggling for a bit they end up quitting.

    It happens so easily in our field because as ZHDINC mentions, there is so much material for people starting out and it builds this amazing sense of false-confidence. When new programmers finish Codecademy and need to figure out what to do next without a tutorial to guide them, they're absolutely crushed by how much material they think they need to learn. Once we make it past the basic tutorials, we realize just how deep the valley of despair actually is.

    I started my first professional programming job 8 months ago. I deal with stuff I don't know on a daily basis and I often feel imposter syndrome and want to quit. Whenever I feel like giving up, I come back to Osmani's comment. Here it is:

    Totally get your frustration 🙂

    I encourage folks to adopt this approach to keeping up with the JavaScript ecosystem: first do it, then do it right, then do it better.

    First do it: Take a breath and acknowledge that you're totally new to a space. It's okay not to use everything. In fact, it's better if you don't. Get a simple prototype built that does the trick. Nothing wrong with straight-up using HTML/CSS/JS.

    We don't acknowledge enough that it takes time, experimentation and skill to master the fundamentals of any new topic. Beginners shouldn't feel like they're failing if they're not using the library-du-jour or reactive-pattern of the week. It took me weeks to get Babel and React right. Longer to get Isomorphic JS, WebPack and all of the other libraries around it right. Start simple and build on that base.

    Then do it right: Iterate. Improve on what you've got. See a problem that you keep having to solve? Maybe layer in a small library/module to help with it. There is zero reason to be worrying about rewriting your project in another language or framework nor adopting any more tooling unless it helps you move the needle forward on your project. Everything you add to your project should really be offering value. If it's complicating things or making it harder for you or your team to get a job done, get rid of it.

    Then do it better: master your craft. Once you're comfortable navigating the waters of the tools and libraries you know for sure add value to your workflow, you'll find that including them as a default "just make sense". I'm heavily using 9–10 different tools in my project these days but I've learned enough about how to avoid their rough edges that they save me time. I would never suggest a beginner use most of the things in this post right off the bat. It's a recipe for pain. Instead, get the basics right. Slowly become familiar with tools that add value and then use what helps you get and stay effective.

    It's also worth noting: everyone — even the people writing the tools and libraries mentioned in this post — go through the same feelings of fatigue and frustration learning, debugging and staying up to date with modern JavaScript. I'd encourage folks to remember we're all in the same boat and our tools are here to help us. If they're not doing that, we should get them out of the way 🙂

    submitted by /u/samort7
    [link] [comments]

    Why'd you give up teaching yourself programming?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 06:30 AM PDT

    We always hear stories about people who successfully teached themselves programming. Those are great but I think there are lessons to be learned from the people who wanted to start a career and teach themselves but stopped doing it for some reason.

    submitted by /u/victorycasket
    [link] [comments]

    What is an API anyway? A simple explanation

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 01:19 AM PDT

    Came across this pretty simple and solid video explanation to teach beginners what APIs are, how they work, why they matter and how you can experiment with them.

    What is an API anyway? A simple explanation

    submitted by /u/adserena
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking did it.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 09:35 PM PDT

    After a few days of banging my head at some leetcode problems I finally figured my problem set out. Everyone told me leetcode was too hard for a beginner and I should spend my time on something more basic, but through grit and grind I did this shit. Obviously learning how to traverse trees isn't impressive but just knowing that I was able to break down a problem I didn't know how to solve and see it work is a feeling I'm not used to and it's totally awesome.

    More than anything I learned how bad my problem learning skills were. I fucking love coding, thank you /r/learnprogramming for being a thing

    (also I'm kind of high so I might take this down later)

    submitted by /u/KingShindo
    [link] [comments]

    Im 14 and want to learn python how should I do it.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 10:47 PM PDT

    Idk why but I feel like if I dont learn before I go to College than I'm going to fail so I'm starting early. So my question is where should I start Online course self taught any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/XteamPanda
    [link] [comments]

    What after C?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 07:00 PM PDT

    Hi , I know This topics in C: - Basics - Pointers - Dealing with files - Structures - Queue , linked list , stack. And i read that C is old language and i want to move to C++ where should i study it ? I also know the basics of C++ and stl.

    submitted by /u/Abdullatif01
    [link] [comments]

    What are prerequistes to learn before learning about algorithms and data structures?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 10:31 PM PDT

    I would probably use something like this book: https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Algorithms-3rd-Thomas-Cormen/dp/0262033844/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=clrs&qid=1432914019&sr=8-1

    In particular I'm worried about the math I will need to know, since my math knowledge isn't very advanced.

    submitted by /u/treebeard555
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know how to use eclipse.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 08:02 PM PDT

    Hey, so I've been practicing with java using codeacademy for awhile and I downloaded eclipse. Problem is I don't know how to use it. Like I'm actually stuck. Is there any tutorials that show you how to use it?

    Edit: Probably just figured out the problem. I should've downloaded the EE version. I'm going to try that now and see what happens.

    submitted by /u/riotingmashedpotato
    [link] [comments]

    Huge problem

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 05:57 PM PDT

    I am working on a project for school in Dr. Java. I am on a Mac. Whenever I try to download it, it doesn't let me open the app OR the drjava.jar file. I have looked all around the internet, and nothing is working. Please help ASAP!

    submitted by /u/GiratinaLAkings
    [link] [comments]

    After 4 years of studying Computer science i still can't code.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    I still can't code well or code an algorithm alone , i give up easily and someone can tell me what to do over and over again and i still can't understand what he wants in the code. And my mates are better than me , i dont wwnt to be them but i want to be good at something, anything. What can i do?

    submitted by /u/shaymaaqenawy
    [link] [comments]

    Will someone tell me what happened here?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    I downloaded the Java EE version of eclipse and installed it, and this is how it appears:

    https://imgur.com/a/Vi8lwng

    I am honestly frustrated right now and have no idea what I did wrong. Can someone PLEASE help me?

    submitted by /u/riotingmashedpotato
    [link] [comments]

    [Android, Java] Issue with communication between bluetooth class and activity.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 05:15 PM PDT

    Hello people,

    I am fairly new to android and currently not sure wat to do.

    I follow Mindorks mvvm example to build my own application, this means i am using both dagger for data injection and lifeCycle, both of these are compleetly new to me, and even though i read up on them not sure if i can apply any of them in my case.

    On startup of my application in my flashscreen i create a new instance of my Bluetooth class

    @Override public void startBluetoothService() { BluetoothAdapter bluetoothAdapter = BluetoothAdapter.getDefaultAdapter(); Set<BluetoothDevice> pairedDevices = bluetoothAdapter.getBondedDevices(); for (BluetoothDevice device : pairedDevices) { if(device.getName().contains("Compufeeder")) { BluetoothService bluetoothService = new BluetoothService(this, getViewModel().getDataManager()); bluetoothService.connect(device); } } } 

    This class communicates with an Bluetooth 3.0 rfid reader, since it is 3.0 and has no auto reconnect the class basically loops for ever (probably bad design, but doesn't seem to effect the battery to much), where it will or listen for incoming data, or try to connect with the reader.

    Once i received data i need to call an api to see if this is an existing item, or a new item (is that scanned number available in the database), now since these calls are made in the data portion of the application all i can do is returns, since i can't (aren't allowed) to reference my ui in the data layer.

    @Override public void getAnimalByTransponder(String transponder) { Rx2AndroidNetworking.get(ApiEndPoint.ENDPOINT_GETBYTRANSPONDER) .addPathParameter("transponder", transponder) .build() .getObjectSingle(AnimalResponse.class) .subscribeOn(Schedulers.io()) .observeOn(AndroidSchedulers.mainThread()) .subscribe(new SingleObserver<AnimalResponse>() { @Override public void onSubscribe(Disposable d) { //ToDo nothing } @Override public void onSuccess(AnimalResponse animalResponse) { //ToDo Return data even when null } @Override public void onError(Throwable e) { //ToDo throw error } }); } 

    For me to solve this issue is to somehow pass that number on to whatever activity is alive(active) at the time. and then let the activity make the call to my data layer and accept the return and do wat ever it needs to with this.

    But the issue i got now is that i have no idea how to pass that number onto my active activity. I tried a few things, one was using an interface, i set the value, and this triggers a method that implemented by any activity, but this seems to defeat the purpose of having data injection and lifecycles.

    Next i tried with Injecting my mainActivity its constructor and passing it to my bluetooth class, but for some reason i feel like this is not the way to do it.

    Lastly i tried using MutableLiveData, i though this could be used to listen to a variable in my data manager, and trigger or get the value when it changes(being set by my bluetooth class), but or i completely screwed it up, or i do not understand how this works but it got me nowhere.

    So this leaves me with the question, how am i suppose to get the number from my Bluetooth class to wat ever activity is open? Can i use injections? Is MutableLiveData actually a way to do it but did i just mess it up? Or is my approach just completely wrong?

    I would like to see how you guys would handle this!

    Thanks in advance,

    Lotus~

    TLDR: I got a bluetooth class that receives numbers, i need to send these to my activity, can i inject the activity and provide it to the bluetooth class? can i use MutableLiveData in some way? Or maybe an interface? Wat is the approach i am supposed to take?

    submitted by /u/-BlackLotus-
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain to me how the WordPress hook priority order works?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 11:44 PM PDT

    I am using two different plugins: Pods and Algolia.

    Each of those plugins has a filter hook I can use to modify the post.

    The problem I am having is I can't make the Algolia filter run AFTER the Pods filter.

    Put simply; when I save a post I want to do some stuff with the Pods filter, and then afterwards do some more stuff with the Algolia filter.

    My understanding was that the priority order of the filters allows me to choose which one is executed first. For example, I can give the Algolia filter a much later run priority (e.g. 999) than the pods filer.

    But no matter how much later I tell the Algolia filter to run, it still gets executed first.

    This is how I am testing it...

    ALGOLIA FILTER FUNCTION

    add_filter( 'algolia_post_shared_attributes', 'my_post_attributes', 999, 2 ); add_filter( 'algolia_searchable_post_shared_attributes', 'my_post_attributes', 999, 2 ); function my_post_attributes( array $attributes, WP_Post $post ) { $a_test = 'algolia runs first'; var_dump($a_test); wp_die(); } 

    PODS FILTER FUNCTION

    add_filter( 'pods_api_pre_save_pod_item_vpn', 'bg_calculation_save', 11, 2); function bg_calculation_save ( $pieces, $is_new_item) { $p_test = 'pods'; var_dump($p_test); wp_die(); } 

    No matter what priority I give the Algolia filter, it always runs first and outputs the var_dump 'algolia runs first' text.

    I thought the priority order of 999 would make the Algolia filter execute after the Pods filter, and therefore the var_dump 'pods runs first' should be displayed. But that is not happening.

    What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/AbstractAdvancement
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with React and Node.js

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 11:30 PM PDT

    So, here's the thing -I have to make a web app using React and node only that can let user register, login and perform some operations like add or remove items and mark them as complete. I am completely new to React and Node.js. I don't know where should I start from. So, could you guys suggest me from where should I start or some good sources where I can learn both of these and make an app within 3 days? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/AssassinJK46
    [link] [comments]

    [HTML-CSS] class & id selection doubt!

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 11:22 PM PDT

     <div class="item clearfix" id="expense-0"> <div class="item__description">Apartment rent</div> <div class="right clearfix"> <div class="item__value">- 900.00</div> <div class="item__percentage">21%</div> <div class="item__delete"> <button class="item__delete--btn"> <i class="ion-ios-close-outline">x</i> </button> </div> </div> </div> 

    how do i select class : ".item__percentage" in div with id : "#expense-0"

    i need to select this in javascript, what i am doing is :

    console.log(DOMstrings.expenseId + obj.id + ">" + DOMstrings.itemPercentage);

    where :

    var DOMstrings = { type: ".add__type", description: ".add__description", value: ".add__value", add_btn: ".add__btn", incomeList: ".income__list", expenseList: ".expenses__list", totalIncome: ".budget__income--value", totalExpenses: ".budget__expenses--value", totalExpensesPercent: ".budget__expenses--percentage", totalBudget: ".budget__value", expenseId: "#expense-", itemPercentage: ".item__percentage", } 
    submitted by /u/prashantkr314
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a write access violation

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 11:17 PM PDT

    I have been following along with the Handmade Hero tutorial as kind of a way to get into programming but I'm getting an error that I genuinely have no idea how to fix as it occurs on one line no matter what is there.

    On line 62 it says "Unhandled exception thrown: write access violation. Pixel was 0x374A000. occurred" and I am genuinely lost as to how I can fix it.

    #include <windows.h> #include <stdint.h> #define internal static #define local_persist static #define global_variable static typedef int8_t int8; typedef int16_t int16; typedef int32_t int32; typedef int64_t int64; typedef uint8_t uint8; typedef uint16_t uint16; typedef uint32_t uint32; typedef uint64_t uint64; global_variable bool Running; global_variable BITMAPINFO BitmapInfo; global_variable void *BitmapMemory; global_variable int BitmapWidth; global_variable int BitmapHeight; global_variable int BytesPerPixel = 4; internal void RenderWeirdGradient(int XOffset, int YOffset) { int Width = BitmapWidth; int Height = BitmapHeight; int Pitch = Width * BytesPerPixel; uint8 *Row = (uint8 *)BitmapMemory; for (int Y = 0; Y < BitmapHeight; ++Y) { uint32 *Pixel = (uint32 *)Row; for (int X = 0; X < BitmapWidth; ++X) { uint8 Blue = (X + XOffset); uint8 Green = (Y + YOffset); *Pixel++ = ((Green << 8 | Blue)); } Row += Pitch; } } internal void Win32ResizeDIBSection(int Width, int Height) { if(BitmapMemory) { VirtualFree(BitmapMemory, 0, MEM_RELEASE); } BitmapWidth = Width; BitmapHeight = Height; BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biSize = sizeof(BitmapInfo.bmiHeader); BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biWidth = BitmapWidth; BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biHeight = -BitmapHeight; BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biPlanes = 1; BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biBitCount = 32; BitmapInfo.bmiHeader.biCompression = BI_RGB; int BitmapMemorySize = (BitmapWidth*BitmapHeight)*BytesPerPixel; BitmapMemory = VirtualAlloc(0, BitmapMemorySize, MEM_COMMIT, PAGE_READWRITE); } internal void Win32UpdateWindow(HDC DeviceContext, RECT *ClientRect, int X, int Y, int Width, int Height) { int WindowWidth = ClientRect->right - ClientRect->left; int WindowHeight = ClientRect->bottom - ClientRect->top; StretchDIBits(DeviceContext, /* X, Y, Width, Height, X, Y, Width, Height, */ 0, 0, BitmapWidth, BitmapHeight, 0, 0, WindowWidth, WindowHeight, BitmapMemory, &BitmapInfo, DIB_RGB_COLORS, SRCCOPY ) ; } ; LRESULT CALLBACK WIN32MainWindowCallback(HWND Window, UINT Message, WPARAM WParam, LPARAM LParam) { LRESULT Result = 0; switch (Message) { case WM_SIZE: { RECT ClientRect; GetClientRect(Window, &ClientRect); int Width = ClientRect.right - ClientRect.left; int Height = ClientRect.bottom - ClientRect.top; Win32ResizeDIBSection(Width, Height); } break; case WM_CLOSE: { Running = false; } break; case WM_ACTIVATEAPP: { OutputDebugStringA("WM_ACTIVATEAPP\n"); } break; case WM_DESTROY: { Running = false; } break; case WM_PAINT: { PAINTSTRUCT Paint; HDC DeviceContext = BeginPaint(Window, &Paint); int X = Paint.rcPaint.left; int Y = Paint.rcPaint.top; int Width = Paint.rcPaint.right - Paint.rcPaint.left; int Height = Paint.rcPaint.bottom - Paint.rcPaint.top; RECT ClientRect; GetClientRect(Window, &ClientRect); Win32UpdateWindow(DeviceContext, &ClientRect, X, Y, Width, Height); EndPaint(Window, &Paint); } break; default: { // OutputDebugStringA("default\n"); Result = DefWindowProc(Window, Message, WParam, LParam); } break; } return(Result); } int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE PrevInstance, LPSTR CommandLine, int ShowCode) { WNDCLASS WindowClass = {}; WindowClass.style = CS_OWNDC | CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; WindowClass.lpfnWndProc = WIN32MainWindowCallback; WindowClass.hInstance = hInstance; // WindowClass.hIcon; WindowClass.lpszClassName = "HandmadeHeroWindowClass"; if (RegisterClass(&WindowClass)); { HWND Window = CreateWindowEx( 0, WindowClass.lpszClassName, "Handmade Hero", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_VISIBLE, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, 0, 0, hInstance, 0); if (Window) { int XOffset = 0; int YOffset = 0; Running = true; while (Running) { MSG Message; while (PeekMessage(&Message, 0, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) { if (Message.message == WM_QUIT) { Running = false; } TranslateMessage(&Message); DispatchMessage(&Message); } RenderWeirdGradient(XOffset, YOffset); HDC DeviceContext = GetDC(Window); RECT ClientRect; GetClientRect(Window, &ClientRect); int WindowWidth = ClientRect.right - ClientRect.left; int WindowHeight = ClientRect.bottom - ClientRect.top; Win32UpdateWindow(DeviceContext, &ClientRect, 0, 0, WindowWidth, WindowHeight); ReleaseDC(Window, DeviceContext); ++XOffset; } } else { // TODO(dylan): log } } { } return(0); 

    }

    submitted by /u/Skoepa
    [link] [comments]

    How do I set-up SSL for my subdomain??

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 10:35 PM PDT

    Hey everyone I just started teaching myself PHP, already know a few other languages but figured it was time to get into server-side stuff. I'm now realizing I don't like server-side programming... Anyways, I'm trying to set-up an SSL certificate for one of my subdomains (api.mydomain.com) but cannot seem to get it working.

    I went ahead and installed my SSL certificate on CPanel and I think that went correctly/without problems. I then went to my apache2 config file (webserver is Ubuntu) and added the VirtualHost like so:

    <VirtualHost *:80>

    `ServerName` [`www.`](https://www.mydomain.com)[`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)[`.com`](https://www.mydomain.com) `Redirect /` [`https://www.`](https://www.mydomain.com/)[`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)[`.com/`](https://www.mydomain.com/) 

    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *:443>

    `ServerName` [`www.mydomain.com`](https://www.mydomain.com) `ServerAlias` [`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)[`.com`](https://mydomain.com) `ServerAdmin` [`admin@`](mailto:admin@mydomain.com)[`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)[`.com`](mailto:admin@mydomain.com) `DocumentRoot /var/www/rgnk/public_html` `SSLEngine on` `SSLCertificateFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL/`[`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)`_com.crt` `SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL/nc_module_key_xxxxxxx.key` `SSLCertificateChainFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL`[`mydomain`](https://www.mydomain.com)`_com.ca-bundle` `ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log` `CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined` 

    </VirtualHost>

    # VirtualHost for subdomain

    <VirtualHost *:443>

    ServerName www.api.mydomain.com

    ServerAlias api.mydomain.com

    SSLEngine on

    SSLCertificateFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL/mydomainapi_com.ca

    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL/nc_module_key_xxxxxxy.key

    SSLCertificateChainFile /var/www/rgnk/SSL/mydomainapi_com.ca-bundle

    </VirtualHost>

    This configuration file with JUST the first VirtualHost works fine for securing the root portion of my site. However, when I add the second VirtualHost configuration Apache2 tells me the service cannot restart for some reason. As far as I know all my syntax/configuration is correct and everything is set-up correctly. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

    EDIT: Sorry for the terrible formatting, I did my best to fix it but idk what's wrong with Reddit's inline code function...

    submitted by /u/BakedPecans
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some advice

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 10:22 PM PDT

    Hi, I was wondering if someone would be open to answering some questions I have mostly about what educational route I should take, and how to structure my education, preferably through PM. I have been self teaching myself web development for the past couple of months and have built projects in Angular and Node but I have been taking a break in teaching myself to focus on some personal stuff while also thinking about maybe changing up what I am learning.

    submitted by /u/ItsnotBadr_
    [link] [comments]

    Bases to cover that school doesn't?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 09:34 PM PDT

    I'm currently in my senior year of college majoring as a Software Engineer. I've come a long way from where I was 4 years ago, but I feel I could do better.

    So far I've learned mainly C/C++ and Java, as well as learning how to create embedded systems using QNX, bash, and Integrated testing. This upcoming semester I'll be learning Assembly.

    This summer I took it upon myself to fully learn git/github which I'm now comfortable with and I'm currently halfway done with "Practical Javascript" on watchandcode.com.

    I was wondering if there are any other bases I should be covering. School hasn't really taught me anything to do with web development or server/network stuff. Should I focus on this? Or should I keep expanding the number of languages and begin learning Python/Other stuff? Or should I start building projects using the knowledge I already have?

    I should add that I don't have a specific field I wanna jump into. I like coding in general so whether I end up in game development or simply some random tech company is fine by me. I'm mostly looking for stuff that will make me more desirable to employers as currently my GPA is not very good.

    submitted by /u/DazedFury
    [link] [comments]

    Learning to code by creating arcade games

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 05:47 PM PDT

    Hello /learnprogramming friends,

    We've been teaching kids to code python for the last few years and have wrote an instructional platform that helps teach coding concepts in the context of arcade games. The platform has been open sourced in March and we're working on new game, "Piggy's Revenge", based on our spring classes that will be released in a few weeks.

    Predigame is based on python and pygame works on Windows, Mac, and Raspberry Pi.

    Give it a shot! It's an easy way to start learning the basics of writing code and how to debug errors.

    http://predigame.io

    Always happy to hear any feedback or suggestions on ways to improve the platform!

    submitted by /u/predicatemike
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner programmer, want to start learning by making a simple game but I have no idea where to start

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 05:34 PM PDT

    So I don't know if this would be too much of an undertaking, but I wanted to make a game that resembles the first "Dragon Quest" game, just for fun and to learn more about programming. I don't have any idea where to start, what language to use, how to plan out tasks, etc. Are there any resources that someone could recommend that would help me figure out a way to get started with this project?

    submitted by /u/erocc123
    [link] [comments]

    My car has one “one click up” window, and the others are just regular automatic, is there a way to hack into this and change it?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 08:52 PM PDT

    It's a 2018 suburu outback and I know this is a long shot but I wonder if people with crazy programming skills have the ability to change everyday stuff like this?

    submitted by /u/beezuzzles
    [link] [comments]

    Trello API help - specifically regarding actions

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 08:45 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out the Trello API, specifically with regards to actions. I'm trying to do some reporting, and need to figure out how many cards were duplicated, but cannot seem to figure out what action is created when that duplication occurs. Would it be copyCard? if so, wouldn't there be a copyList action for when a list is copied? I also need to figure out how many cards were archived and cannot seem to find anything related to archive anywhere in the action list.

    The full list of items that I'm trying to report on, but can't find the actions for are:

    Cards duplicated, Cards archived, Lists duplicated, Lists archived, Lists deleted

    Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction. I've looked through the API documentation, and can only find the list of actions, but they don't go into detail regarding which actions happen when.

    submitted by /u/coloradoninja
    [link] [comments]

    What does your development environment look like?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 06:19 AM PDT

    I'm trying to set up a more flexible development environment at home but I am feeling a little indecisive and looking for some ideas and advice.

    Currently, I have a desktop computer with Windows on it (it is my gaming PC) and I have Virtual Box on it running an Ubuntu VM that I develop in. That way I can keep gaining experience with Linux but I still have the comfort of Windows as it is the system I know best.

    What does everyone else's setup look like and what are the advantages/disadvantages that you've noticed?

    submitted by /u/acrazydutch
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment