• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 3, 2018

    Why was the dotted decimal format chosen for representing IPv4 addresses? Computer Science

    Why was the dotted decimal format chosen for representing IPv4 addresses? Computer Science


    Why was the dotted decimal format chosen for representing IPv4 addresses?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 07:21 AM PDT

    I'm wondering why dotted decimal was chosen rather than, for example, hexadecimal which I think would make subnetting easier and in some cases condense the length of addresses.

    I'm looking around online for an answer for this. I'm sure it was a reasonable design decision, I'm just curious why.

    submitted by /u/bungslinger
    [link] [comments]

    Binary Code Hypothesis

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:30 AM PDT

    OK, so I was writing in maths today. And I was writing in my Notepad this Hypothesis, similar to the Infinite Monkey Typewriter Theorem. Basically, here we go.

    Say we have 5,000 Children in a School, whose only task is to write Binary Code. Or 10,000, 20,000 or hypothetically even 1 Million.

    The rules of the Hypothesis is

    1. The Binary must be Hand Written.
    2. Everyone must be willing to do it.
    3. Everyone is marked as a Transistor.

    So could this experiment work? If we had these people who were willing to do it. Could they run a PC? The only problem is is finding something for them to run a PC With. Any Ideas?

    submitted by /u/mdscarfaceone
    [link] [comments]

    What would you think of a website that discussed the theory behind machine learning and how it could be used to inform decisions in real world machine learning applications?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:22 AM PDT

    I'm considering starting this up, but only if there's interest from the community.

    submitted by /u/espergrafs
    [link] [comments]

    Network Protocol Book Suggestions?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 01:29 PM PDT

    Hello all, I am a Computer Science teacher in the UK. I'm recently graduated and I have a lot of good subject knowledge that I'm happy to spread to my students. My Achilles heal at the moment is Network Protocols, I can teach it if I have some notes with me but it is not as ingrained into my brain yet, as apposed to algorithms, system software and system architecture.

    Can anyone recommenced any good reading material about the subject? Something that has a history of Network Protocols or a good explanation of why they are the way they are that I can read in my spare time?

    submitted by /u/FoundationFiasco
    [link] [comments]

    How Can Application Developers Build Secure and Reliable Code

    Posted: 02 May 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    Is there anything I am missing in this degree?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 10:30 AM PDT

    https://www.franklin.edu/degrees/bachelors/computer-science This is the degree I am currently in, and I am interested to know if there are any subjects outside of practice and projects that I should be working on on my own to round out my knowledge base. I am interested in OS and security programming long term. For the electives I have taken MIS310, I am taking ISEC 300 this term and I am leaning towards COMP 461 for my 3rd. I have been working on learning python in my own time, and will eventually focus on c and c++. I appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/ogre14t
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Architecture

    Posted: 02 May 2018 10:23 AM PDT

    I would like to build a strong background in computer architecture during the summer and would appreciate pointers on the better books/sites/online courses etc that I should consider.

    submitted by /u/Jenna1_
    [link] [comments]

    If the universe is a simulation, and you had to implement the placebo effect, how would you choose to go about it?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 11:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment