• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 31, 2018

    Top 5 .NET questions you would ask in an interview Ask Programming

    Top 5 .NET questions you would ask in an interview Ask Programming


    Top 5 .NET questions you would ask in an interview

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:21 PM PDT

    I got my 1st interview since changing careers from warehouse managment to computer programming. The career change was the hardest and most terrifying thing I had done.

    Starting Computer programming has turned out to be the best decision I've ever made. I love it and I'm one of the first in my class to get an interview so far.

    I have an interview on Monday and I'm so excited just to experience it.

    It is a student summer co op position mostly involving C # and .NET development. It is a very big topic but please give me your top 5 questions you would ask in an interview if you were interviewing someone for a position.

    Thanks for reading!!

    submitted by /u/riceNoooooodle
    [link] [comments]

    Need some pointers on making accounts systems

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 08:25 PM PDT

    Hello, i have a little experience (super n00b) with react and node, a friend of mine asked for an app that needs an account system and i realized i have no idea where to begin with, can anyone share some tips on what to learn?

    submitted by /u/ze_buchao
    [link] [comments]

    Programming version of cloud gaming?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    Principle of cloud gaming is to delegate the computing power (GPU/CPU/RAM/...) of video games to remote super-powerful machines and have the user pay only to the access to these and only stream the graphics to his PC thus allowing him to keep the hardware cost low etc,....

    Is there anything such for developers? I mean, I develop Java daily, my working PC is a decently string machine, but I have access to a remote VM that has many more times more computing power, so whenever I need to, for example, fully compile my project run it with all tests etc,... I do it on there.

    Now sure good dev practice include running quick tests often, rarely run a full compile etc,... However, who would ever complain if the code/compile/test loop were getting any shorter?

    My use case is fine as I use the said remote VM only for my extreme cases, so I can commit on my working station / pull on the VM / run etc...

    But does the concept exist, where the user actually only connects to a remote environment where he has his IDE, benefits from massive hardware setups and have the dev/build/test loop as short as possible without ever bothering about his own hardware?

    submitted by /u/FiveIsEnough
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with installing cocoapod modules? I can't get this to work.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 07:02 PM PDT

    Hopefully this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't please let me know where to post.

    I simply installed a project from github here

    I installed the cocoapods module

    After opening the newly created .xcworkspace, my project is riddled with errors. Cleaning doesn't do anything, and xcode can't find the cocoapods module.

    If anyone has any experience with this, or can test this out on their machine I would be grateful for some help.

    submitted by /u/jackinmybigoldickoff
    [link] [comments]

    301 redirect from non-www to www, and subdomain to www

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 04:01 PM PDT

    I am trying to create two redirects:

    I have searched and managed to pull together the below, but it doesn't quite redirect the subdomain as hoped on all pages:

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on # rule for forcing www on main domain RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example\.com$ [NC] RewriteRule ^ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L] # rule for removing www on sub domains RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.([^.]+\.example\.com)$ [NC] RewriteRule ^ http://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L] </IfModule> 

    It is similar to the question asked here if it helps: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21985138/how-to-redirect-www-subdomain-to-non-www-when-domain-is-redirected-to-www

    submitted by /u/OnlyConstruction
    [link] [comments]

    [Java]Suggestions for my academic project.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 01:06 PM PDT

    I have this project which I'm developing with my classmate but we are looking for suggestions in the Web for a better improvement. It's a project for our programming class, we're learning Java and we use Netbeans as IDE.

    Our project is about a Kindergarten which is divided in a Administration section, in which all the employees need to be registered with an ID, name etc.

    Another section is the "Registration". This section needs to register all the information about the kids as the name, alergies, name's father etc.

    "Check" section. Here the user has to registered the hour and date when the kid arrive to the kindergarten and the person who is given the kid to the building.

    "Cares". If the kid have any special condition or if the kid need to eat only what the father give it to him etc. "Group registration". Each group is defined for the age of the kid, also must register if the kid ate or if he made activities during the day.

    "Teachers". Here the teacher of each group must write observations about the kid, for example if the kid learned to go to the bathroom, had a strange behaviour etc. It must shown first a list with the names of the group the teacher is taking care.

    "Reports". Only the administrator can enter here. This have two options, a complete list with all the information from the kids whom are in the kindergarten. The other option is attendance list.

    The requirements for this project are the use of databases, inheritance, polimorfism, arrays, interfaces. We both know the concepts about these terms, but we are not sure when implements an interface, or where to use inheritance in this project in specific, if any of you have a suggestion we would be very grateful.

    submitted by /u/manolo1510
    [link] [comments]

    DOM content different

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 09:12 PM PDT

    JavaScript gives me window is undefined error

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    I've been building a Gameboy emulator in JavaScript for fun, but it has been a while since I've used the language, and I've never done much with external files which I think is part of the problem. Basically, whenever I use the debugger both in Chrome and Firefox, it tells me that 'window is undefined' in the window.onload function. As I said earlier, I think the issue has to do with having the program read the rom files themselves. I might have set up the HTML page wrong too. There's also the possibility that this is because of my inexperience, and what I have could just be total nonsense, but I'm stuck, and any help here would be amazing. This is what I have so far:

    jsGB = { res: function() { GPU.res(); MMU.res(); z80.res(); MMU.load(); }, fram: function() { var fclk = Z80._clock.t + 70224; do { Z80._map[MMU.rb(Z80._r.pc++)](); Z80._r.pc &= 65535; Z80._clock.m += Z80._r.m; Z80._clock.t += Z80._r.t; GPU.step(); } while(Z80._clock.t < fclk); }, _interval: null, run: function() { if(!jsGB._interval) { jsGB._interval = setTimeout(jsGB.fram, 1); document.getElementById('run').innerHTML = 'Pause'; } else { clearInterval(jsGB._interval); jsGB._interval = null; document.getElementById('run').innerHTML = 'Run'; } } }; window.onload = function() { document.getElementById('reset').onclick = jsGB.res(); document.getElementById('run').onclick = jsGB.run(); jsGB.res(); }; MMU.load: function() { var file = document.getElementById('files').files[0]; var arrayBuffer; var fileReader = new FileReader(); fileReader.onload = function() { arrayBuffer = this.result; }; fileReader.readAsArrayBuffer(file);}, 

    Every other relevant function is just basic math, and works fine. I've asked in several places to no avail, and maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm completely stumped.

    submitted by /u/ghosteagle
    [link] [comments]

    Better implementation of bounds checking a bijected difference

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 04:31 PM PDT

    I'm working on something where I'm using differential coding on a prediction to obtain the final value. Because a non-wrapping difference is signed, I'm bijecting the values before entropy-coding:

    ... -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 ... v ... 8 6 4 2 0 1 3 5 7 ... 

    The bounds issue pops up when the prediction is not perfectly centered, because some correction values would exceed the lower/upper range. So what I came up with was:


    Say a given prediction is 3. Then the possible encoded values are:

     + Bijection cutoff point (at 2*Pred) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6|7 8 9 10 11... v | 6 4 2 0 1 3 5|7 8 9 10 11... 

    Which shows that any encoded value greater than 2*Pred is coded plainly.

    On the other hand: a prediction is 6, with a maximum value of 8:

    Cutoff (2*(8-Pred)) + 0 1 2 3 4|5 6 7 8 | v 8 7 6 5 4|2 0 1 3 

    This prediction belongs to the upper half of the possible values, so any encoded value greater than 2*(Max-Pred) is coded as Max-Value.


    One of the things I'm working on has a range of 0..64. So what I came up with for decoding the final value was (given Pred and the correction code x):

    Value = Pred + BijectionUnpack(x); // Normal case if(Pred < 32 && x > 2* Pred ) Value = x; // Lower wrap if(Pred > 32 && x > 2*(64-Pred)) Value = 64 - x; // Upper wrap 

    That said, I'm not sure if there is a better way of doing this, since this feels very awkwardly structured.

    If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate that.

    submitted by /u/Aikku93
    [link] [comments]

    [MARIE] Question about looping

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    I am messing around with a MARIE simulator and I want to write a program that prints out the Fibonacci series. How would I go about writing a for loop in this assembly language? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/colin_7
    [link] [comments]

    Making an alternative to RateMyProfessors... How difficult would this be?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    My university posts all the results from course feedback questionnaires online. You have to log in and search to find archived results. This is a screenshot of the available data.

    I want to write a program where you can input a name and the program will average out all the scores for every class a professor has taught.

    How difficult of a project would this be for a beginner? I have no programming experience but I will be learning Python this summer.

    submitted by /u/WYGSMCWY
    [link] [comments]

    High School Computer Science

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 05:24 PM PDT

    I know nothing about programming but want to make something that sends email alerts based on a RSS feed output. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 07:37 AM PDT

    I work in a law firm and the Courts in our jurisdiction have an RSS feed for all the cases that will be heard over the next week.

    Currently, we manually check the Court Rolls against a list of clients/cases and then email people if and when anything relevant turns up.

    I think this is a waste of resources and, given that the court's website already has a RSS feed available, that there must be a way to automate this process.

    However, my knowledge of programming or coding is 0, meaning I lack the knowledge to be able to even pose a question relevant to the problem.

    Any advice on how this could be achieved or where I can start looking at resoures would be very welcome.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/pocckler
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get into mobile software development, have some questions

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:27 AM PDT

    So until now I learned a very small bit of C in school and a small bit of Python at home by myself. I searched the web and it seems that Java is the language you want if you want to develop any mobile apps.

    So I have a few questions, like where is Java used the most?

    Can I do desktop apps in Java too?

    Where do I start with Java?

    Does Java need to be compiled/interpreted?

    What editor do I use for programming in Java?

    Any guidelines? Videos? How did you learn Java at home?

    Can I also use Java to create games?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/randomseller
    [link] [comments]

    in w10 is there a way to right click on a ipynb extension and open it in jupyter?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    What is this element called in this particular line of code?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 12:30 AM PDT

    Lines are:

     <div class="s1cg68jo-4 fSNfyK"> <div class="s1cwcagp-4 bfjcxT s1cwcagp-3 iMOAIT"> 

    I want to know what fSNfyK, bfjcxT and iMOAIT are called?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/sssssunshine
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a Chrome extension that duplicates audio from left channel to right channel?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 11:33 PM PDT

    You must have come across YouTube videos where the sound only comes from one side of your earphones/speakers. I searched for an extension that could duplicate audio from one side of your earphones and play it on the other side as well but couldn't find anything. Would it actually be possible to create an extension like this?

    submitted by /u/jupiter_104
    [link] [comments]

    Is Onclick on Android considered as Input?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 10:58 PM PDT

    Hello guys, my Mobile Programming teacher asked as to create an android app that has Input, Process and Output on it. I have created a simple game which is like a quiz where you click for the answers and a toast message will display after. My question is, if i click on the screen of the android and choose an answer is it considered as input? and the toast message that will come out considered as output? Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/abujuguluy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment