• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    How to get this CSS Hover Perspective effect? web developers

    How to get this CSS Hover Perspective effect? web developers


    How to get this CSS Hover Perspective effect?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:36 AM PST

    Flask vs django | easy expert comparison

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    My website got injected with HTTP redirection. I've looked over the files but I can't find this redirect anywhere. Any idea where it might be?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:41 AM PST

    My website got injected with HTTP redirection. I've looked over the files but I can't find this redirect anywhere. Any idea where it might find the malicious code?

    Thank you.

    EDIT:

    this is what I get when i scan the site:

    This page redirects to lovegreenpencils.ga that is blacklisted by Sucuri Labs, reason: injected script, see https://labs.sucuri.net/?blacklist=lovegreenpencils.ga HTTP redirect <302 Moved Temporarily>

    submitted by /u/uno_sir_clan
    [link] [comments]

    .htaccess rules apply differently on local machine and when deployed

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Options -Indexes <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(css|txt)$ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [L,QSA] </IfModule> 

    I have this set in my htaccess with the intention of routing all requests to my index file. It works perfectly locally through Laragon, but after deploying it to a droplet, I'm getting 502 errors with PHP functions and requested files are returning 404 errors.

    I can only assume this is something to do with this virtual hosts feature of Apache's I'm still learning about, however my htaccess file is inside the folder of my virtual host.

    Here's the config for my virtual host (personal info replaced):

    <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin <EMAIL> ServerName <DOMAIN>.com ServerAlias www.<DOMAIN>.com DocumentRoot /var/www/<DOMAIN>/index.php ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined </VirtualHost> 

    and here's the security model in my apache config:

    <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Require all denied </Directory> <Directory /usr/share> AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory> <Directory /var/www/> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory> 

    I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong. I know very little about how Apache's virtual hosts work.

    submitted by /u/Rush_B_Blyat
    [link] [comments]

    An Event Apart releases 17 talks for free - a great resource to improve your design knowledge

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:05 AM PST

    How can I get a picture to size to a container without having to style the picture?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:55 PM PST

    Let's say I have 3+ pictures I'd like in containers.

    I'd like to be able to style the container but have the picture fit within the confines of the container without having to style the picture.

    submitted by /u/anonoman925
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for someone that NEVER hosted any website

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:49 AM PST

    I have experience building flutter, react, and node.js apps as a hobby, but until now I've never had to host it on the web.

    For an application with node.js as backend, sqlite and Mongo dB as database and react as a front-end. It's not going to be a huge application, but I wanted do to stuff like activate a node.js program every 24hrs.

    I've read that digital Ocean is the cheapest and easiest to use service, I rent small VMs with it right? But how do I go with domain, and most importantly security?

    submitted by /u/ForeverInYou
    [link] [comments]

    Now that it's been a couple months, how has Mac OS Big Sur been for web developers? Safe to update?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:37 AM PST

    How has Big Sur been for web developers (JavaScript)? Are there any things that still do not work? What steps are needed after installing? Are there any good resources/articles specifically pertaining to Web Developers and a checklist for upgrading to Big Sur?

    submitted by /u/PokemonNovice
    [link] [comments]

    +50 hours of work : personal website

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:30 PM PST

    http://pierre-alexandre.io/

    any advices on how to improve it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Fudge-33
    [link] [comments]

    TypeError: Failed to execute 'observe' on 'IntersectionObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'Element'.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:20 PM PST

    I'm trying to lazyload specific elements with the Intersection Observer API, and I'm getting this strange error.

    React Hook "useOnScreen" cannot be called inside a callback. React Hooks must be called in a React function component or a custom React Hook function

    And I have no clue why.

    Here is the SandBox, this is happening in the Video.js

    As you can see I'm using the useOnScreen function to check if a ref is in the viewport. I'm calling my useEffect when my useOnScreen returns true so it plays the video and audio. And with my JSX, I'm using a ternary operator to only return the video and audio elements when my showVideo state is true, which is updated with that first useEffect I made. However, it's giving me that error. When I add this useEffect to update the showVideo state like this,

     useEffect(() => { useOnScreen(videoRef.current, setShowImage); }, []); 

    I get this error here,

    TypeError: Failed to execute 'observe' on 'IntersectionObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'Element'.

    I have no clue why it's doing this, I just want to lazyload, and autoplay my media elements.

    submitted by /u/someguyhere0
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't WAMP server render pages the same as the built in VS Code server?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:17 PM PST

    I built a web page locally and to preview it I was using the built-in preview server in VS Code. Everything looked fine. But just to see what would happen I installed a WAMP server which renders other pages just fine but not this one. I am using Bootstrap and also some cdnjs scripts in the html document and that may be the only reason it's not rendering correctly. The files are in a folder in the "www" folder in my C:/WAMP/ directory. Doesn't seem to matter how I try to configure WAMP it's not working. So I'm not sure if it's a problem with my files or problem with WAMP.

    If anyone had this problem before I'd like to know what steps I might take to test or eliminate the issues. I'm also considering loading the files in a real server online just to see what's wrong. But shouldn't WAMP render all files the same as an online domain server would?

    I have Win10, WAMP server 3.2.3-64bit, Apache 2.4, MySQL 5, PHP 5 & 7 browser is chrome v87 running on a desktop with a 1080 TI graphics card (I considered that my card was just not rendering the graphics properly but it DOES work in the VS Code server).

    ...and I'm pretty inexperienced in web dev, all self-taught so this is also a big factor in why it only seems to work in VS Code.

    Thanks in advance if anyone has some pointers. I'm also willing to accept that WAMP is not such a good testing environment and I'll eventually learn Docker if that's a better alternative.

    submitted by /u/bigbry2k3
    [link] [comments]

    Does GraphCMS allow searching for a phrase/word inside the posts?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Using GraphQL.

    submitted by /u/hassanzadeh
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best stack for a solo dev to rapidly develop some micro-SaaS?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:53 PM PST

    I'm not exactly a newbie to programming (MSc in CS, worked 1 year in Java, a couple of years tutoring Python) but web stuff is pretty foreign to me and I'd like to dive in to try and make a few micro-SaaS that have been on my mind for some time to try and see how it all works (ie. the actual making of an MVP, marketing, trying to get paying customers and so on).

    What stack would you recommend for such circumstances? What is a stack that would allow me to rapidly develop MVPs to actually see what sticks to the market and what does not? I wouldn't be processing millions of users obviously so performance is of secondary importance to me and time to market is way, way more important.

    All the JS stacks are most ubiquitous of course but from my limited experience, I found them hardly quick and easy to make a fully functional MVP in. Django is also pretty heavy duty stuff. Ruby? I know it's declining in popularity but many people still claim it's hard to beat with how quickly you can make something that actually works and can be shown to clients. PHP? Or maybe something completely different?

    submitted by /u/DuckSwapper
    [link] [comments]

    Which one was your last big fail or waste of time?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Today, I wasted more than 3 hours because I was looking for the current CSS changes in the production site instead of the local project.

    submitted by /u/unnombreguay
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, any idea how to solve passing of auth token here?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Unpopular opinion - CSS frameworks and component libraries are useful buuuuut...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:29 PM PST

    The grid system in these things (Bootstrap, Vuetify, etc...) is more complicated than plain flexbox. It often makes your HTML markup less readable to use those row/column-based helper classes these libraries often have, instead of just making a flexbox div within a max-width container div and then controlling their behavior through css classes.

    IMO, you drop these CSS frameworks/component libraries into your project in order to use their styled buttons, cards, etc... but you should wrap it up in your own handmade flexbox containers instead of relying on any 12/6/whatever-grid based system they have wrapped around flexbox.

    I am open to counter-arguments to this, maybe I am missing something, but I feel like directly controlling your layout grid without helper classes is just cleaner and easier. I assume that big teams on big projects rely on the "source of truth" that comes from just using the Bootstrap grid system though, huh? Is that the main use case?

    Thanks for any insight.

    submitted by /u/ClassicPurist
    [link] [comments]

    Getting hired after internship?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:37 AM PST

    Hello guys, I have recently ended high school and have been self studying web development for a year now and I should be doing an internship/stage in March. I know it's pretty much a dumb question, but, how likely do you think it is to get hired after the internship? I'm not the best but also not completely 0 and always want to learn more. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Randomaccount1238495
    [link] [comments]

    Is it less impressive for employers if I use Angular Materials to build my portfolio website?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:58 AM PST

    As title say. Using Angular Material basically feels like a drag and drop work, nothing that shows anything about my skills, I only use bootstrap anyway, I never bother dealing with CSS because I hate it.

    Or Employer don't care what tools I use?

    submitted by /u/Roid96
    [link] [comments]

    laggy animations with GSAP ScrollTrigger Plugin?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    I have a site where I have a bunch of side-scrolling carousels which animate into view as you scroll down the page, but after adding a few scroll triggers, the animation kind of lags. Any general tips / has anyone encountered this before? I'm looking into using locomotive instead to avoid lag

    submitted by /u/curmudgeono
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on web app launch and load heavy queries?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:28 AM PST

    Hi!

    TL DR: Forum implementation from ground up. How to launch on AWS safely and what to focus my attention on next? Test for load handling, processing?

    I have been developing a forum from the ground up for the last 5 months as a side project using Python(Flask), PostgreSQL, vanilla HTML/CSS/JS and jquery. This is my first web applications and I want to take the time and make the effort to launch as safely as possible. I have read a bunch of tutorial and recommendations on launching a webapp using Heroku, AWS EB and even just WordPress, but I was hoping to get some more personalized advice. I have credits in AWS and was hoping to use Elastic Beanstalk because it offers many services that would spare me the precious time of learning security, load handling etc.

    Question 1: My application will heavily rely on queries and constantly pass data, I haven't done anything to help handle the load, only implemented the queries using psycopg2. Stuff online is a little too advanced for me to get started, could you please point me in a direction with a little boost?

    Question 2: After I purchase a domain, set up my webapp on AWS and connect the domain name to my app's IP, what steps should I take next, what are the biggest concerns and how should I test them? While coding I was careful to follow some common practices to avoid injections, api key leaks and data exposure, but I am still super concerned even though the forum will not store any sensitive information.

    Would be happy to get any advice, thank you. (Junior Dev here)

    submitted by /u/nocap_broski
    [link] [comments]

    Mailgun, I am trying to understand their purpose and business model, can someone explain?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:05 PM PST

    Can you explain to a complete newb what Mailgun is used for and why its needed? I have some web / mobile development experience but not worked with much email. What can be improved about the companies services/ products?

    submitted by /u/deez29
    [link] [comments]

    Dev on Mobile

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:05 AM PST

    I've been struggling lately with debugging websites via mobile. I use Browserstack and chrome's version of the mobile emulator. My problems are as follows:

    1. I have trouble viewing a non-cached site / getting the emulator to show a correct and updated version
    2. BrowserStack does not let me inspect the html properly and i'm left expanding all the html tags in the inspector to try and find the desired / problematic code
    3. Chrome Mobile Emulator doesn't serve me the mobile version of the site, it seems to serve me the desktop version in a mobile format which does nothing for me.

    Does anyone use anything that actually functions as a full mobile development platform OR have any advice for me on how to get chrome or BrowserStack to actually function properly. Or something I may be missing completely.

    submitted by /u/danger_russ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment