• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Made a few Loot Drop effects with Unity VFX Graph. Only uses 1 VFX Graph for the 5 levels of rarity. Tut in comments.

    Made a few Loot Drop effects with Unity VFX Graph. Only uses 1 VFX Graph for the 5 levels of rarity. Tut in comments.


    Made a few Loot Drop effects with Unity VFX Graph. Only uses 1 VFX Graph for the 5 levels of rarity. Tut in comments.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    This is the first version of my game's trailer- looking for feedback before I put in up on Steam! Thanks.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    This illustration does indeed make one’s mind clear on the fundamentals

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Side-view of my upcoming game, any guesses what the game is about? Would you buy this game by its looks?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Spent ages looking for a solution for RigidBodies and steps but never found one I liked so here is my solution for anyone who needs it too

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    How to be motivated?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I want to make a game. But i'm not motivated to do it...

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Pieandcake05
    [link] [comments]

    Ebiten v2.0.0 released (2D game library for Go)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Anyone need help with Character creation? Just finished my Blender Character Modelling Tutorial! Next few episodes we will be rigging, animating and exporting it into Unreal Engine 4.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Is there an open source 3d world?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    I imagine an open source world like an open source software that everyone is contributing to making it more feature filled and it is free for everyone to pick it as a whole or part of it and build a game around it or any art work? Is there any such thing? And if not, then why? I don't see any challenges in making this. Would people contribute if I created one?

    submitted by /u/appy_m_005
    [link] [comments]

    How Alien Isolation Survived its Difficult Development @ Noclip

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    Should I go for Java or stick with C++ and rather go for c#?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    I know both languages are similar but I have found answers that java is slower and etc as compared to c++. So should I focus on developing my c++ skills or go for Java for game development?

    At some point in time I will probably try unity , so mentioning c#, but for now I want to learn the core knowledge about the hardware. So I don't know if I should really try Java.

    Also, does unity use java? I have already developed games using c++ so is java really a way to go?

    submitted by /u/jd_junior057
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of you ever been approached about grants? How do I know if an offer is legit?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is a dumb question.

    submitted by /u/gojirra
    [link] [comments]

    How I decided to make a game inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic and lost money (part 2/3)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    How I decided to make a game inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic and lost money (part 2/3)

    https://preview.redd.it/ve9pcxdexkv51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f0425079c74e7f55ada13fee4898d36dd6bb13ac

    Hi! I'm Sergey Pomorin, also known as Greenolor.

    Earlier I posted here a link to my article, which is actually the first third of my indie story. Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate that.

    So, here's the second part. I hope you could learn something useful, while reading about my fails, haha.

    https://greenolor.medium.com/how-i-decided-to-make-a-game-inspired-by-heroes-of-might-and-magic-and-lost-money-part-2-3-3406ccd564c

    submitted by /u/J0xFlash
    [link] [comments]

    I added this new mechanic to my game that gives it depth and I did it with a cool coding trick!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    The second episode of my Devlog series is up on my new channel around Game Dev where I show how the market system and the items are turning out. Make sure to stick around if you find it interesting.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    My first ever game called “Spring Rush”. Started learning Spritekit and Swift 3 months ago part time along with a hectic job. Will be releasing shortly, currently in test for different iOS devices. Has been an enjoyable and inspiring journey so far. Looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Progression and unlocks in a completely fair game

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm working on a strategy game, and I want to start adding some progression elements to reward players for playing

    At the start of a game, all players have an equal start, so I don't want anything that will give players an advantage

    Does anyone have some examples of places this is done really well? Some I've thought of are:

    • Titles in Rocket League
    • Tables in 8 Ball Pool
    submitted by /u/jkmonger
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s the next DevLog from our Game Dev series! In this one we break down a bit of the logic behind what our game’s music is meant to accomplish. Hope it’s useful/interesting!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    How to create a game with dialogue in Unreal Engine Tutorial Part 5

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Any scripts for 2D platformer movement

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I keep trying to use tutorials but I can't get any of the scripts to work. I am a beginner and have no knowledge of coding, but I just wanna use a movement script for a character, anybody know of any or can show me a tutorial or something. I've tried Brackey's video but it doesn't even work for me.

    submitted by /u/CookByDaBook
    [link] [comments]

    I Had To Recreate My ENTIRE GAME! (Because Of The Trailer)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Your Turn To Die Plugins

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Okay so im making a game inspired by you turn to die and i cannot find yttd plugins so i came to reddit to ask. did your turn to die use any plugins if so what plugins thank you.

    If you would like to talk to me directly please add me on discord, Spook#1923.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Glittering-Skirt-375
    [link] [comments]

    Fully Procedurally Generated Full Scale Universe WIP UE4

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Can I use copyrighted characters in my non-profit game?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I've been meaning to do a super smash brothers style game with many popular video game characters that haven't made it in to smash, and I'm wondering if I could put it out for people to play. I wouldn't charge people or put any ads or anything, totally non profit, but I'm planning to put Nintendo and other big company characters in there, so I don't know if it will be that easy

    submitted by /u/ColgateKid69420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment