• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Skills Required to become a Full-Stack Web Developer - Any missing as per your Experience? web developers

    Skills Required to become a Full-Stack Web Developer - Any missing as per your Experience? web developers


    Skills Required to become a Full-Stack Web Developer - Any missing as per your Experience?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    What is the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act and How Does it Apply to Websites?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Stealing local files using Safari Web Share API

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Arwes - a Futuristic Sci-Fi / Cyberpunk Graphical User Interface Framework

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    ztext.js - Easy to implement, 3D typography for the web. Works with every font

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Do you identify with, or care about the products your company builds?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Serious question, I've heard and read mixed feelings. I've been a web developer for over 8 years now, I'm currently working in a web development agency that creates small to medium sized CMS type of websites.

    I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago, and he makes the most awesome products, he's so proud of his work, and it was very conflicting to hear. Since my years of working in this company, I haven't once felt like "Wow we made something cool!", the products are websites, informative, nothing special.

    This has me thinking. Are there any other people, like me who feel that they should love the product their company is making? What if you're not proud of your work?

    The other side of this is people that don't care what the end product is, they are proud of the code they write, proud of the way they solve technical issues (doesn't matter for what web product).

    How do you guys feel about this?

    submitted by /u/pilfton
    [link] [comments]

    JWT set up for authetentication

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I'm learning Node by watching Udemy videos and we go over creating the JWT token and verifying it once the client makes a request to the server, but no one explains how to put the token into the client. I went through two courses and no one explained how to put the token in the authorization header. We just manually put Bearer token into POSTMAN, but no one explained how you do that in a real app.

    Can someone explain to me how to set the authorization header to the JWT token? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BExpost
    [link] [comments]

    What tool, service, library or framework makes you "wow! Where was this all day"?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Share your "wow moments"

    I was really amazed by Firebase services especially authentication when I start using it. Additionally graphql, storybook and react-native

    Edit: thanks for sharing your wow moments 😮

    submitted by /u/Chawki_
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how the 2 tables i.e. accounts and emails are connected? How does Blind “know” essentially what data to display for each user id?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Is there a good skill stacking opportunity in learning video editing alongside webdev?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    The obvious ones are design and marketing but im curious if there is a way to synergize video and webdev outside of being a "coding" influencer.

    If you have thoughts on other complementary skills please share as well.

    submitted by /u/DeepKaizen
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start from to make a browser-based game?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I am a full-stack web developer but never tried to make a browser based games. I normally create and maintain different websites.

    Now, I want to make a browser game for learning and for a hobby. Do any of you know Imperia Online? Well old version of it. I want to start making something like that.

    I already looked into Phaser.io but I really would like to see if there are other options. And also if you have experience developing such a game, could you please share your experience with all of us?

    Thank you so much. Have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/hiccupq
    [link] [comments]

    Why CSS Logical Properties Aren’t Ready for Use!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Help with PHP Snippet

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Could anyone help me modify the PHP snippet below so that the $role that is excluded applies only if the user has solely the specified role?

    In other words, right now, the code will exclude a user with the role "administrator" even if they have other roles; I want the administrator role to be excluded only if they have no other roles.

    /** * Exclude Users from BuddyPress Members List by WordPress role. * * @param array $args args. * * @return array */ function buddydev_exclude_users_by_role( $args ) { // do not exclude in admin. if ( is_admin() && ! defined( 'DOING_AJAX' ) ) { return $args; } $excluded = isset( $args['exclude'] ) ? $args['exclude'] : array(); if ( ! is_array( $excluded ) ) { $excluded = explode( ',', $excluded ); } $role = 'administrator';// change to the role to be excluded. $user_ids = get_users( array( 'role' => $role, 'fields' => 'ID' ) ); $excluded = array_merge( $excluded, $user_ids ); $args['exclude'] = $excluded; return $args; } add_filter( 'bp_after_has_members_parse_args', 'buddydev_exclude_users_by_role' ); 
    submitted by /u/Hastibe
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone hate electron so much?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Context: I am trying to create my own home automation system for myself since the option that are out suck and was researching the best way to build it. I am experienced with most web-related stuff so my immediate idea was to use electron that way I can access on most of my devices while only programing one application.

    Research: During my research, I have found things such as:

    Problem: Since the electron is considered a resource hog are there any good alternatives that would allow me to do the least programming but also allow for a good application.

    I am language agnostic so solutions can be in any language.

    Current Idea: Use Mqtt for the base, build a node-based application to communicate with the server. Use a bunch of NodeMCU's for the actual control.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DeveloperOldLady
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5 What's the use of Gatsby, NextJS?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I heard they are for creating static sites, but why? I thought, we could do same with regular react, just host the build folder with netlify for free.

    Also, why does these use Graphql?

    submitted by /u/AtomR
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Code Splitting

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Creating a cache server

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I am working on an in-memory cache/data store. I would love it if you could check it out and provide some feedback.

    Link to the repo: https://github.com/thetinygoat/DictX

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/thetinygoat
    [link] [comments]

    Laravel deployment running on a Docker environment

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I am learning Docker and I find it amazing, but I am having some issues understanding something that should be simple. I would be very helpful if someone reads this wall of text and give me some guidance.

    I am using PHP with Laravel. I setup my local environment using a couple of containers with docker-compose. Everything's working fine so far.

    I would now like to setup an automated (or semi-automated) deployment process to my DigitalOcean droplet. Before Docker, I had a custom written script, which was pulling the latest version of the code from GitLab, executing composer install, all necessary artisan commands and creating the new release, while keeping the old one (pretty standard). However, I am struggling with reproducing something similar with Docker. I can't really just pull the latest changes and run composer, because there's no composer on the host machine, only in the container. Same for the artisan commands, migrations etc.

    Just some context: I am using nginx:alpine, mysql:5.7 and a custom image (defined in the Dockerfile) which installs all necessary dependencies - composer, nodejs, curl etc. copies the project in the container and running composer install. At which point and how can I run the artisan commands - migrations, cache clearing etc.? Do I need to run them manually with docker-compose exec? What are some best practices on deploying a simple Laravel project in containerized environment? I've been googling for a couple of days, but I am just getting more and more confused. I even read a Medium article which suggested to have a docker-compose for local env and for production, which I think defeats the purpose of reusability.

    I would be more than happy to share the code I have so far, I just didn't want this post to explode even more.

    submitted by /u/SimpleMinded001
    [link] [comments]

    How would you deal with a country blocking your domain name and associated ip addresses?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Basically I am interested in opinions regarding a scenario where a country has passed instructions to all Internet providers to block access to your website.

    It would be ideal to geo-filter the incoming ip addresses and redirect them to a mirror but it seems such blocks do not allow the option of even getting to this stage.

    submitted by /u/mikel305
    [link] [comments]

    Can an eCommerce webpage be set up without 3rd party integration handling the store page?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I'm a beginner learning web dev. code, and am interested in it currently to help build a website for my mother who's looking to make a blog that may sell some niche products. I've searched online, but Google is only filled with eCommerce advertisement. I was wondering if the outsourcing could be worked around as the prices seem steep for a niche blog-store. Do I just need to learn the Java to make it happen, and will I run into security issues without professional assistance?

    submitted by /u/PhillipsAsunder
    [link] [comments]

    Internships

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Anyone know of any good internship programs for students, aside from like google or something like that?

    submitted by /u/lifebreath101
    [link] [comments]

    Server-side session management

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    So, I'm helping a friend to make his mobile app. It's cryptocurrency related. Currently, we're rewriting a lot of the code for the back-end server, and one of the things we decided to rewrite is the session management system (it wasn't scalable and had too many bugs, we found them during testing). The app isn't released yet.

    I wanted to ask, since I'm a bit stuck right now, I'm not feeling confident with the system I'm writing: what makes a session management system "good"? We're using Firebase Auth for a lot of the things related to sessions and accounts (account management, cookies, session storage), but I'm not really sure how to make this system robust enough.

    If you need any more information to answer, feel free to ask for it. Thanks beforehand!

    submitted by /u/HappyGick
    [link] [comments]

    Next.js wordpress example bug

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Next.js wordpress example bug

    Hey folks,
    the next.js wordpress cms example has a bug with the mobile layout, and i couldn't find the source of the bug, they are using tailwind , and i couldn't find which classname is giving this width.
    ps: u need to navigate to a blog post to see the bug , and in inspect element u need to choose a mobile device to trigger the mobile layout the bug wont appear on the responsive option .
    Hope someone finds a solution/reason
    thanks

    https://preview.redd.it/ocmf7kc6xej51.png?width=375&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebb52ee5546c09154232fccec7a8c9e998c1c92e

    submitted by /u/calson3asab
    [link] [comments]

    Web dev vs. ML/AI

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    I am a teenager with beginners knowledge in programming and web development. I am really confused as to where should I move forward, Web Dev or ML/AI Can you guys please guide me a bit as to which has better jobs and future scope and which is better for what kind of person?

    submitted by /u/YashUppal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment