• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    A physics engine in python (pygame) Computer Science

    A physics engine in python (pygame) Computer Science


    A physics engine in python (pygame)

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    At 22, he single-handedly put a stop to the worst cyberattack the world had ever seen. Then he was arrested by the FBI. This is his untold story.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Cuboid square intersection

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    As title says, I have an axis-aligned cuboid and a rectangle in the space. I need to find if they intersect.

    I have an idea that is 1) check if an edge of the square intersects a face of the cuboid 2) check if the edges of the faces of cuboid intersect the rectangle.

    Am I wrong? Any idea? Any function/library?

    submitted by /u/bdiym82
    [link] [comments]

    Where does an old video game's source code store?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    This is a question that I suddenly thought of. [might be an amateur question]

    Let's say a video game company created a game 20 years ago and they want to remaster the game now. Do they retrieve the original copy of the source code from a private server?

    or creating the whole game from scratch?

    what if the server blows up and they only have 1 copy of the source code?

    I am asking this question because the source code is not retrievable from an executable disc.

    So how do they do it?

    submitted by /u/SpaceYraveler6
    [link] [comments]

    Particle physics in Pygame with a view and a basic GUI (menu and plots)

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    [R] DRL Helps Robots ‘Think While Moving’ | ICLR 2020

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Google Brain, UC Berkeley, and X Lab have proposed a concurrent Deep Reinforcement Learning (DRL) algorithm that enables robots to take a broader and more long-term view of tasks and behaviours, and decide on their next action before the current one is completed. The paper has been accepted by ICLR 2020.

    Here is a quick read: DRL Helps Robots 'Think While Moving'

    The paper Thinking While Moving: Deep Reinforcement Learning with Concurrent Control is on arXiv.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    Worst and best case complexity bounds

    Posted: 12 May 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Hi! A question popped up on a worksheet I was doing on complexity. It asked if the following was true or false:

    Ω(lg N) ⊆ Ω(1000 · N)

    My initial thoughts was "true, " since (looking at a graph with both) lg N is always "under" (within) 1000N.

    The answer said false though. I tried changing the coefficients, but I still found that eventually, since were assuming large large inputs, lg N will come out on the bottom.

    I know my conceptual understanding of complexity is very weak, so Id really appreciate if someone could give me an explanation.

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/Melanie786
    [link] [comments]

    Webinar on ML by Senior Software Developer from Delta!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    This Friday (May 15th) noon I'm bringing in a friend who's a Senior Software Developer at Delta Air Lines to conduct a live session on building recommendation systems using ML. We will be using Python along with its libraries to learn how to build Classification based recommendation system, how to make a collaborative filtering system, and finally Content-based recommender systems. Watch in Youtube live: https://youtu.be/Hn4vBMwNmDI

    submitted by /u/shouhardo1
    [link] [comments]

    Web development

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I'm trying to learn web development this summer, and I'm debating between buying the developer bootcamp for 12 bucks on udemy by Colt steele, or taking cs 50 web development (which is free). A bit of background : I'm a college student, and I have experience with C,python, and Java. Any recommendations (or other courses I should check out ?)

    submitted by /u/crepee
    [link] [comments]

    Constructing Grammar for a Language

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    I have been going through Automata Theory by John Hopcrfot trying to find. There is obviously chapter on context free languages but I did not finding much helpful. So if there any method for making a grammar from language? If so I would like to know about it

    submitted by /u/sachal10
    [link] [comments]

    Math difficulties

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Hey guys I took an intro to CS class and nailed it with a high A. However, I am terrible with math and keep withdrawing and retaking math courses. I want to say CS is the right major. However, completing calc1 and 2 plus that linear algebra to transfer to the uni seems so ahead of me. Do I stop studying and self teaching myself java/c++ and just focus on lower tier maths like precal and algebra. What are the tips to get good at math?

    submitted by /u/loopex44
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I made this python script that "attends" my online classes, according to my schedule (while I'm sleeping in my room :p). Video in github repo. Do drop a star if you liked it, thanks! (original post got deleted accidentally sorry - so you've gotta remove the last letter in the URL (imbotus))

    Posted: 12 May 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    How are calendar and time classes made?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    How exactly does one go about making a live calendar or time application?

    I imagine for a calendar you could have month classes specifying dates for each, then have arrays of each month where every index is the following year. Then run through it or something similar.

    But i cannot even begin to figure out how you would make a application for time?

    How is this done is anyone knows? How did the first guy go about writing a time class

    submitted by /u/Jamblamkins
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment