• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 5, 2022

    Screenshot Saturday #583 - Weekly Special

    Screenshot Saturday #583 - Weekly Special


    Screenshot Saturday #583 - Weekly Special

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:57 PM PST

    Share your progress since last time in a form of screenshots, animations and videos. Tell us all about your project and make us interested!

    The hashtag for Twitter is of course #screenshotsaturday.

    Note: Using url shorteners is discouraged as it may get you caught by Reddit's spam filter.


    Previous Screenshot Saturdays

    submitted by /u/Sexual_Lettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Developers reacted with astonishment and anger at Apple’s 27% commission policy as a minimal form of compliance with a new antitrust law regarding the App Store

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 02:47 AM PST

    Which method do you prefer to prevent unauthorised duplication and selling?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 02:14 AM PST

    Do you use DRMs, or the good old way by making your game online only? Or do you prefer making the games playable offline with periodic online checks?

    submitted by /u/QWERTYUIOP7a
    [link] [comments]

    My PC is really old ( 2007ish ) , So what Game engine/Framework that isn't simple but can work with that PC in mind ?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 03:56 AM PST

    To clarify this post isn't really a " What is a good engine ? " like generally as I understand this is hard to answer , But being a beginner without any coding experience ( and also a terrible PC ) it's hard to use anything and it feels so confusing ( Which is making me doubt if making games is even doable with this PC in mind.. ) .

    ( Also sorry if this post is really long and annoying but I want to clarify what I am facing.. )

    I tried to use the following engines with the problem I faced :

    Unity : Didn't even run and kept crashing..

    Godot : OpenGL 3 doesn't work and OpenGL 2 is stupidly laggy..

    And frameworks I didn't even test/use because in the case of :

    Love2D : Lua is somewhat obscure that finding simple, free and most importantly not outdated sources to learn is hard ( And books are kinda hard because of English not being my first language sadly )

    Pygame : I was advised not to use it if I am planning on making complex games ( like RPGs ) which I understand I am not gonna do RPGs right away but I want something that has this possibly in mind when I get good/serious at developing .

    So I basically my TL;DR is that I want something that is :

    - Free

    - Have resources that is easy to pick up and learn from ( and free as well , most courses are really expensive where I live )

    - Complex enough for me to make complex games in the future ( like it can handle RPG games )

    - And obviously the point of the post is that it runs in this specs :

    AMD Athlon Dual core processor 5200b ( 2.70 GHz ) 64 bit

    5 GB of ram

    ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics ( 256 MB )

    submitted by /u/Bee_Xe
    [link] [comments]

    Where I can find unintelligible Voice Samples like the ones used on The Sims?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 03:51 AM PST

    Well, when I search for "Voice Samples" and "Unintelligible Voice Samples" I can only find vocals of singers or just background noise of people talking at the distance, like a crowded place, however, what I'm searching for are voice samples where a single person says something unintelligible (like in The Sims) or simply noises like "hum", "oh?".

    Well, I don't know if there is a specific website or term for these kinds of specific sounds, but I hope I can find some help.

    submitted by /u/mandiokai
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming for Steam next fest, demo or full game?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 03:13 AM PST

    Hello!

    I'm going to be streaming a pre-recorded stream for my game for Steam next fest. This seems fine as long as it clearly states that the stream is prerecorded.

    However, I've read the documentation for the steam next fest streaming but still have some questions. If any of you know, I'd be really grateful.

    Am I only allowed to stream the demo or can I stream video from the full game? (Since some demos are shorter than the promoted slot time of 1 hour)

    If so, is it okay to do "cuts" in the stream to showcase different scenes in the game?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ZonedOutScavenger
    [link] [comments]

    Hi! I'm beginner game designer!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 02:53 AM PST

    Hi! I'm beginner game designer! I've begun with J.Shell's "The Art of Game Design" book, some GD courses and have some experience with hypercasual games. How I get more experience, learn more? Any resources, books, courses etc?

    submitted by /u/igorthenomad
    [link] [comments]

    Which mobile game publisher is great for hyper casual games ?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 02:49 AM PST

    Hi, which mobile game publisher is great for hyper casual games area ?

    And what we make for contact this publishers ? Another word what should our roadmap be ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/softwaremann
    [link] [comments]

    If you have 5k on marketing for an indie game, where would you spend on? PR agency? Influencers? Website? Events? Cinematic Trailer?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:08 PM PST

    What's bench mark budget for an indie game marketing? What's the distribution rate? Like 50% events, 50% PR or something.

    In general what's the most cost effective way to do it?

    Assuming we have existing fan base, game is fun and professionally done.

    submitted by /u/sweatychair
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to implement a mechanic which plays an effect sound when my character steps on the ground

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:15 PM PST

    Not sure if I'm allowed to pose code questions. I am a student that is studying in video game programming and for my final project, I am making a Stage editor program where you create gameObjects and implement components onto them. Currently I am attempting to implement a feature where when a specified model bone collides with another model, an effect sound will play, but I'm not sure on how to implement this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

    Currently using Mesh collider for both as I want precision

    submitted by /u/Kazuki_I
    [link] [comments]

    Create Intro Video in Unreal Engine

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 01:22 AM PST

    C++ and opengl as a inexperienced programmer,is it a bad idea?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:52 PM PST

    I'm not a total beginner in the world of programming, I know very basic things like data structures,concept of oop etc(I'm a CS student)..But I don't have much experience in programming apart from college assignments and activities... So is it a bad idea that I start my own project(a simple game) in C++?Or should I start with more simpler language like C# and unity engine?

    submitted by /u/alshan6
    [link] [comments]

    Question: What is the simplest engine for a game like Myst? (for Android)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:06 PM PST

    I am seeking ways to put pre rendered images together, in the style of Myst. I am not a coder, so what is the easiest, simplest soft/engine out there? I want to be capable of simple 2d animations and sound and to be able to export for android.

    (The original Myst was not even created in game engine but in HyperCard, something like presentation software)

    submitted by /u/LyubomirIko
    [link] [comments]

    Help coming up with a good title for a text-based RPG which is generated/illustrated by AI?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:58 PM PST

    So if any of you have played AI Dungeon, it's like that except reversed (instead of making a story generator try to feel like a game, I'm making a game try to feel like a story generator). So it's fundamentally a simple turn-based text-based roguelite with hp, levels, damage etc but a lot of events are determined via GPT-Neo, and all the pics are generated with VQGAN. The player can specify their starting location, e.g. wild west saloon with cowboys and robots, or city at the bottom of the ocean, etc.

    So far I'm either going with "AI Adventure" or "AI Roguelite".

    submitted by /u/monsieurpooh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment