• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    I'm so happy and proud to announce the release of the most HIGHLY requested tutorial of ALL TIME. 🎉 EVERYTHING you will ever need to know about creating real-time plants, vegetation, foliage and grass, all packed into 2 full hours. All for completely, 100% FREE.

    I'm so happy and proud to announce the release of the most HIGHLY requested tutorial of ALL TIME. �� EVERYTHING you will ever need to know about creating real-time plants, vegetation, foliage and grass, all packed into 2 full hours. All for completely, 100% FREE.


    I'm so happy and proud to announce the release of the most HIGHLY requested tutorial of ALL TIME. �� EVERYTHING you will ever need to know about creating real-time plants, vegetation, foliage and grass, all packed into 2 full hours. All for completely, 100% FREE.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Estimated indie game lifetime revenues on Steam - over 50% of indie games never make more than $4,000

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Fortnite DEV showing behind the scenes on making the Island, Just released!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Interview with Haxe language creator and game dev Nicolas Cannasse

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Is getting noticed just luck?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    People say it's all about making a good game but I'm not convinced. It seems to me that being successful is largely about just being lucky enough to have some high profile youtuber or some other internet personality pick up and feature your game thus giving you exposure. How many games have been made that are good yet are noticed by nobody because no youtuber or streamer stumbled across it by chance?

    Some will say "just advertise" but without millions of dollars that means little. Is getting noticed by the masses just chance?

    submitted by /u/hardcore_gamer1
    [link] [comments]

    Martial Hero 2 FREE 2D pixel art sprite pack is available(link in comments).

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    PSA: Remember to switch off

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    When you're locked into a development sprint, it's easy to forget how to switch off and take a break.

    I woke up this morning and replied to a few WhatsApp messages from work colleagues. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th message that I realised I was ending each line with a semicolon...

    I dreamed about my game, I fell asleep to GDC talks, and I woke up with my notebook open next to me.

    Whilst it's good to be invested in what you are making, I just want to remind everyone to take a break. Go outside for a bit, spend some time with other human beings, hell even play some video games. Taking some time away from your project can give you a fresh set of eyes and prevent that dreaded burnout.

    There's nothing wrong with giving yourself a bit of TLC.

    Much love to you all and good luck with your projects.

    submitted by /u/one_mind_
    [link] [comments]

    Ticktank.io in Open Beta. Old-school RTS mixed with Chess

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    MonoGame 3.8 has been released

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I Just Spent $80 On Google Ads For My Mobile Game. Here Are My Results.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Need Help With Occlusion Material in UE4

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iouVCq0fjyQ

    I'm working on a material that can be masked off depending on the player's line of sight. I've come up with a neat workaround that involves a procedurally generated mesh that is constructed based off raycasts from the player ( I'm using https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/line-of-sight-visualization ). Using a SceneCaptureComponent2D, I ignore everything except the procedural mesh and render it out to a render texture the size of the viewport. Then I overlay the texture over the viewport using screen UVs and use the alpha to mask out obstructing meshes.

    As novel as a solution as this is, does anyone know a better method to achieve this effect as far as performance and results go? Graphics programming isn't exactly my specialty, so I'm sure a better solution exists. I've included the video up top to demonstrate what the effect is currently doing, and while it is mostly functional (apart from rendering near terrain over top of the player if pushed up against an opposite wall), I just want a more performance aware solution.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Meatmanz
    [link] [comments]

    Hi Everyone, I recorded over 11 GB (192kHz32bit) of new waterfall & river sounds while traveling in a camper van around Iceland ! I hope you can use these new free sound effects as well, Greetings, Marcel

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    For Unity developers! Simplest way to use the new Unity Input System package. I hope you enjoy :)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    What is a game?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Recently I was thinking about the definition of "Game" and thus made some research on the internet.

    I tried to summarise what I found in this video and wanted to share it with you to ask for feedback about both, the contents and the presentation. Any feedback appreciated.

    Thanks :)

    P.S. I realise that this is my first video and it probably sucks XD I hope your feedback will help me improve

    submitted by /u/v790
    [link] [comments]

    Devs who submitted their game to Nintendo for access to a Switch dev kit, how long before you got a reply?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Shaders to texturate minecraft like materials

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I'm beginning in the shader area and i would like if it possible to do a block texturation with shaders. I have a cubic world (like minecraft) where i'm generating chunks. In those chunks, only visible vertex are generated. Currently, it means that if i have a 2x2x1 chunk, it will generate 8 triangles for the above part (2 for each block). I'm trying to generate only two following this method https://0fps.net/2012/06/30/meshing-in-a-minecraft-game/ But before that, i would like to know, if i can thanks to shaders, generate something like that: https://imgur.com/fTLRINH As you can see it has 3 different tiles; grass, dirt-grass and dirt. Currently, with my shader, i'm doing something like that: https://paste.ofcode.org/naMTAC3LaNqGS74ambD4n4

    Is it possible through shaders to achieve something like i desire do i have to stick with sides with multiple triangles and handle them individually?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kamigaku
    [link] [comments]

    Can you identify the software used?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    Hello, I've been inspired by UnderAir's game called Get aCC_e55. Its a mobile exploration/puzzle game where you explore room by room and rotate the room to see all sides. Im having trouble recognizing the software Mr. Andrew Kyznetsov used when developing his game.

    I want to start making my own game and I'd love knowing how I could get started in a similar vein.

    submitted by /u/OutcastOddity
    [link] [comments]

    Game development language choice and tools

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    I am a programmer and I want to go into game dev.. but i don't know which language to choose though.
    python and c#(non-game dev) are the languages in which I can say I might choose to game dev in. And the tools are a whole another world! for python I do have pygame but not so confident so any resource to this will be useful, in C# I DON'T want to use UNITY as it takes a lot of memory and slows down my PC (Intel "i3" btw)...

    So I am in two minds as to what language I will choose and tools in it..

    Please suggest me a language to work in and tools I can use with it.

    P.S "If you think I should use C# then please give me a game dev library / tool that isn't resource heavy
    as unity.. and I am new to Reddit :)"

    submitted by /u/Sciencey-Coder
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone who had a successful launch without paid advertising how did you do it?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    I am pretty new and recently realeased my first game and realized getting downloads is so hard and wondered are all the popular games had paid advertising

    submitted by /u/Yeahsin1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone help

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    I've recently been learning unity but I'm still bad anyone know any good ways to learn?

    submitted by /u/MoLikesReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Distributive Single Shard MMORPG?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I am a hobbyist game developer and I am wondering if anyone has given any thought to a distributive Single Shard MMORPG? There are a few video services that are distributive, meaning that they use clients as a way to serve up content without needing a large amount of expensive server hardware. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the idea.

    I was thinking something like EVE Online where the world is broken up into sectors. Seeing as EVE can have a lot of ships in a single area, I was thinking you could handle it like an RTS where you look at just the player commands and make sure all calculations with the same input result in the same output across all platforms. Every player would run the simulation every second. The players would then send the hashes of the sector state to each other for verification (optional). Then the players would send their hashes to the master server. The master server would then pick the hash it has decided most players agree with and request that state in a bit-torrent way. Any players who don't have that hash will also request the state. This way the master server just keeps the latest state and the players do all the simulation.

    Thoughts?

    P.S. Yes, I know there is no way I am ever going to get close to making something like EVE Online out of my basement.

    submitted by /u/deaf_fish
    [link] [comments]

    No idea if this one is old news but I found it to be an extremely simple yet elegant game. Recommend giving it a spin!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Why is my shirt's patches shiny under certain weather and time in GTA?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I'm a 3D Modeller and modder for GTA and I'm doing UK Police uniforms.

    Now I am using a base shirt from GTA, modified it in 3DS Max and added patches that says Police and has the officer's Badge Number.

    Now under certain weather conditions of "Cloudy" and from 1200-1500, the patches I've added on are shiny or have a form of wetness on them. This isn't present any other time or weather. This is what the issue looks like: https://imgur.com/a/14MJszi

    Here is what everything looks like in under other weather conditions, the vest also has this issue that it is looking wet or really reflective in those weather conditions too: https://imgur.com/a/DF5XeqT

    I've ensured it's not the Spec or Normal maps by removing them and this problem is still present.

    In 3DS Max, the Vertex Colours are the following: https://imgur.com/a/nxh4Qd8

    Those are the Vertex Colours for the whole shirt and the patches are those colours too.

    Now, here are what the Map Channels look in the VertexPaint Modifier:

    Map Channel 1: https://imgur.com/a/g6KOefW

    Map Channel 2: https://imgur.com/a/XDZ819S

    Some more background information is that I use a plugin called Gims Evo and which I can use materials that are for GTA. The Spec and Normal maps are embedded in the model as that's what GTA needs. All Specular components in the material are are on 0, there is no spec on the shirt whatsoever other than the Spec map. I export the files into an .odd which I can add into the game through another program called Open IV.

    If anyone has any ideas or needs more information, please let me know! I'd love to solve this issue as it's awesome to have my stuff in a game!

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/FireBuzzardDestroyer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment